How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2012
fashion elite

lol why do I even bother opening... bad work as usual

06-01-2012
fashion elite

REVIEW:
"Otimismo de Primavera"
PHOTOGRAPHER: Luis Monteiro
STYLIST: Paulo Macedo
MODELS: Sara Sampaio; Vick S.; Dariia Makarova

"VOZ de dentro"
PHOTOGRAPHER: Pedro Ferreira
STYLIST: Paulo Macedo
ARTIST: Carminho (fado singer)

"Quarto com vista sobre Veneza"(reprint Vogue Japan)
PHOTOGRAPHER: Katja Rahlve
STYLING: Sissy Vian
MODEL: Julia Stegner

"Cores e Texturas"
PHOTOGRAPHER: Luis Monteiro
STYLIST: Ana Caracol

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

she looks like Rianne and Adriana combined

07-01-2012
fashion elite

its an ok issue. the main ed isnt bad (minus the hair that look awful) and the other eds are good too. I hope the March issue is kind of better but this one wasnt bad...

07-01-2012
tfs star

I think Vogue Portugal should never exist!
Their ideias are lackluster!
And it's very bad to consider this a Vogue magazine! They should name another EIC and revamp this magazine, their ideias are sooooooo used and poorly made!
You can have a low budget but still produce great work, just need to have an eye for it!

And about Sara ... since she was compared to Adriana Lima they put her in the magazine everytime..... I really don't know why

fashion elite

^I agree with you. Vogue Portugal doesnt take risks and when they take them it looks awful.
But i also have to say that theres no space for originality on the portuguese market. I find Vogue Portugal very politicly correct.
Vogue Portugal actualy sells very well in Portugal and thats because of that political correct that i talked before, besicly is impossible to have good concepts here cause it wont sell...and thats why this Vogue fits on the market.
I dont believe nudity (from Vogue Paris), parody (Vogue Italia) or even celebrities (Vogue US) would sell. So when i open every thead and I see all the negative coments i understand, and most of the times agree, but it wont change.

btw the photographer is Luis Monteiro

Last edited by jmrmartinho; 07-01-2012 at 01:53 PM.
07-01-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
^I agree with you. Vogue Portugal doesnt take risks and when they take them it looks awful.
But i also have to say that theres no space for originality on the portuguese market. I find Vogue Portugal very politicly correct.
Vogue Portugal actualy sells very well in Portugal and thats because of that political correct that i talked before, besicly is impossible to have good concepts here cause it wont sell...and thats why this Vogue fits on the market.
I dont believe nudity (from Vogue Paris), parody (Vogue Italia) or even celebrities (Vogue US) would sell. So when i open every thead and I see all the negative coments i understand, and most of the times agree, but it wont change.

btw the photographer is Luis Monteiro
Yes I see your point, I'm a person who rarely says something so negative but it's my opinion. I don't know from wich area of Portugal you are but I'm from Lisbon.... and we have soo much beautiful sets for outdoor shoots for Vogue Portugal, for example Chiado, Castelo S„o Jorge, Douro, Vilamoura, and they allways do indoor shoots & their lifeless (ok some are good but the majority... )
I know we are a country that thinks on the safe side but we have so much beauty in terms of people and places and simply don't show it to the world and all the tFS'ers!
It's sad for me to see work like this every month when we have a great country to portray!

front row

I'm with you on this. I'm from Portugal as well (well I live in London right now but I just moved from Lisbon) and we have amazing locations that could be put to good use. I mean, take a look at

http://www.mariotestino.com/page/527

This was shot in Portugal and the scenario is instrumental to its final result...why can't Portuguese Vogue think more like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelalmeida View Post
Yes I see your point, I'm a person who rarely says something so negative but it's my opinion. I don't know from wich area of Portugal you are but I'm from Lisbon.... and we have soo much beautiful sets for outdoor shoots for Vogue Portugal, for example Chiado, Castelo S„o Jorge, Douro, Vilamoura, and they allways do indoor shoots & their lifeless (ok some are good but the majority... )
I know we are a country that thinks on the safe side but we have so much beauty in terms of people and places and simply don't show it to the world and all the tFS'ers!
It's sad for me to see work like this every month when we have a great country to portray!

07-01-2012
fashion elite

Yeah im also from Lisbon. Its true, we have amazing locations, amazing places to shoot. Sometimes they actualy do that, but most of the times is that basic bg.
The last Vogue India issue there was an amazing story of Sara Sampaio by Luis Monteiro that was shot in Portugal and looked amazing. Why didnt they use that for Vogue Portugal? IDK! It is just dumb and stupid and that was not even take a risk.

In other hand i would like to see more photographers its always the same ones. Marcin used to shot a lot for it but not anymore. He was the only "big" photographer and now they lost him.

But what they are doing is working cause the sales went up this year...im not sure why.

07-01-2012
V.I.P.

who had the idea of ​​sticking green cobwebs in her hair???

20-01-2012
V.I.P.

this is a multi girl ed so i don't know whether these are all her shots or not

otimismo de primavera
model: sara sampaio
photographer: luis monteiro
stylist: paulo macedo
make-up: cristina gomes
hair: miguel viana

imcmagazine

20-01-2012
fashion elite