Vogue Russia April 2018 : Grace Elizabeth by Giampaolo Sgura - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
12-03-2018
V.I.P.

Beautiful layout, random model for her first issue.

12-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioherrero View Post
I think only one will be at the newstands. You can vote for the best via instagram of Vogue Russia.
Which now explains the 1 and 2's in the comment section on their instagram - seems everyone else prefers the first as well. Thanks for explaining.

backstage pass

Preview from vogue.ru
This issue was prepared by old Vogue team (I'm not even sure if Victoria Davydova was involved). So we have US Vogue March reprint, US Vogue February reprint and some Grazia/Hello Magazine reprint with Angelina.
I'm a bit scared of this trend and want to see the first Masha's issue as soon as possible

And BTW this is first russian multi cover Vogue issue. I'm sure that it's printed already so voting has nothing to do with final publishing

Last edited by Ivanovaju; 12-03-2018 at 09:03 PM.
12-03-2018
V.I.P.

Both covers are amazing... I absolutely adore the first one...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
12-03-2018
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovaju View Post

**Please refrain from quoting images**

Preview from vogue.ru
This issue was prepared by old Vogue team (I'm not even sure if Victoria Davydova was involved). So we have US Vogue March reprint, US Vogue February reprint and some Grazia/Hello Magazine reprint with Angelina.
I'm a bit scared of this trend and want to see the first Masha's issue as soon as possible

And BTW this is first russian multi cover Vogue issue. I'm sure that it's printed already so voting has nothing to do with final publishing

OMG, such a mess. This is a huge boring issue. Even Elle Russia produces original content month after month.

She already changed the team?

Last edited by pellucid; 13-03-2018 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Quoting images
12-03-2018
tfs star

This girl is everything! The fashion industry needs more Graces

13-03-2018
everything sucks!

The second cover feels a bit Vanity Fair-y

13-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioherrero View Post

She already changed the team?
nope, there is Lilith who moved from glamour under Masha a while ago (like in September) the rest of the team remains the same as under Victoria but i guess its temporary, Masha loves to style and shoot stories so i guess there will be less of Olga Dunina contribution , however there is much less of her lately in the magazine since another editor Ekaterina Zolototrubova, moved to Paris and provides lots of stories from there for the magazine. this is more convenient to save the budget by having a person in Paris.

V.I.P.

Good God, finally! They're back to glamour and refinement. I like the concept and the shots, just not sure why we have two very similar looking ones. I think these are the best Sgura covers in some time. At least it's something different for this edition.

My vote goes to the first cover. I planned on getting it until I saw the review. No thanks, I don't invest in magazines filled with reprints.

13-03-2018
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
nope, there is Lilith who moved from glamour under Masha a while ago (like in September) the rest of the team remains the same as under Victoria but i guess its temporary, Masha loves to style and shoot stories so i guess there will be less of Olga Dunina contribution , however there is much less of her lately in the magazine since another editor Ekaterina Zolototrubova, moved to Paris and provides lots of stories from there for the magazine. this is more convenient to save the budget by having a person in Paris.

Olga Dunina is the Fashion Director?
Is Masha a good stylist?

14-03-2018
fashion elite

'Palace Ensemble'

Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Model: Grace Elizabeth
Stylist: Olga Dunina
Make-up: Jessica Nedza
Hair stylist: Franco Gobbi

models

MON
V.I.P.

That shot where she’s wearing a turban, had she refined the pose a bit, and gave a better expression would have a made a killer cover.

The editorial is dark and gloomy. Funny how you don’t see Victoria on the cover, but the editorial just screams her vision.

But its miles miles better than what they’ve produced in years!

Saddened by the amount of reprints. Imagine, a Vogue franchise reprinting from Grazia/Hello? Terrible.

14-03-2018
V.I.P.

Now why couldn't Olga do something as good as this under Victoria? I sometimes wonder whether stylists are not silently sabotaging their superiors.

This editorial is a perfect palate cleanser, making it ideal for the new EIC to implement her vision. The shot with the green turban should've been the only cover, but the rest look pretty solid. Sgura, doing what he does best. Nothing grounbreaking, just simple effortless glamour.

14-03-2018
front row

^I love Grace, i love this edito, good styling and agreed with MON that the shot with the turban would have been perfect ! Nice to see editorials like that .

14-03-2018
V.I.P.

.. that's not good and sgura didn't magically acquire photography skills from the above, that's just morocco for ya..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, april, elizabeth, elizbaeth, giampaolo, grace, russia, sgura, vogue