How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-12-2010
fashion elite

0-0 really RIP Vogue Russia like blueorchid said

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

I don't give the issue thumbs up, but I see promising things. I think that the newer the model, the more experienced the photographer and/or fashion editor-stylist should be and vice versa; of course experienced model / experienced photographer works too. Also, I think that the new editor needs to improve when it comes to her editing eye, because I suspect that there are better photos on the roll that are not being selected and funky effects are being applied. A caveat, I am not Russian and perhaps the editor's choices reflect current Russian tastes, although to my credit I have appreciated Russian glamor in the past, but perhaps my tastes are no longer in sync with VR's target market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet rus View Post
it's actually her second cover, the first one had Anja Rubik on it, anyway I don't think it can get any worse that this
Are you sure Anja's was the first cover under the new regime, because that cover was two months ago and last month's cover was Stam by Kadel? Did they skip a month? Unless they skipped a month, if this is the second cover, then the first cover was the Stam by Kadel one, the reason why I ask is because last month's does look "aesthetically different," at least it does to me.

Last edited by agee; 27-12-2010 at 01:58 PM.
04-01-2011
V.I.P.

ebook30

Vogue Russia January 2011
by Andy Barter, style Olga Dunina

Barbara Streisand

Tom Ford

05-01-2011
trendsetter

This is the first time in my life when I actually won't buy my favourite magazine. And since Alyona has left and was replaced by an average editor, this is not my Bible anymore.
The cover just scares me off; I'm not sure if I have ever seen something worse than this one VR used to be one of a few magazines that never put celebrities on their covers and I've always been proud of that. And now... Alina... how disappointing!

RIP russian Vogue, for sure!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I

Are you sure Anja's was the first cover under the new regime, because that cover was two months ago and last month's cover was Stam by Kadel? Did they skip a month? Unless they skipped a month, if this is the second cover, then the first cover was the Stam by Kadel one, the reason why I ask is because last month's does look "aesthetically different," at least it does to me.
you're absolutely right, it's her 3d cover, I forgot about one of them, everything new editor does is so easily forgettable

thanks for the scans Miss Melissa and Merik, I ended up not buying this issue which makes me sad actually, but I am not gonna support THIS

23-01-2011
windowshopping

Don't understand why they had to put her on a cover.... And to make her look waaay too tacky... Poor Vogue...

V.I.P.

Please add photographers name in the title : Vladimir Glinin

23-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
Please add photographers name in the title : Vladimir Glinin
Glynin.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, alina, january, kabaeva, russia, vogue