How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2009
V.I.P.

I like Alana's editorial. Most of them are nice shots, and it's a nice concept.
Tanya looks fantastic through out her editorial. Her hair looks much better that shorter length.

20-08-2009
front row

I really like Alana's editorial, too. Great styling. One of the outfits is very Gaga-ish!

20-08-2009
V.I.P.

can't wait to buy this issue!

20-08-2009
fashion insider

Vogue Spain September is the most important and the best issue of any Spanish fashion publication. It signs to me the beginning of the fall, the smell of Vogue’s paper mixed with high temperatures (which make the smell more special and strong, like perfumes) is fantastic, and I like watching fall-winter campaigns and shows in the middle of august. I recognise it made me very happy when I went to the newsstand to buy it. I think since I bought Vogue Spain September 2007 with Treneti on the cover, no Vogue Spain issue has made me that happy. Since that moment Vogue Spain went from bad to worse, I think 2009 has been a really bad year in terms of quality for the magazine, nevertheless this issue is pretty good (although ‘Vogue colecciones’ supplement is a bit thin).

I have noticed Vogue Spain usually puts many photos of Marina to illustrate the magazine while she is on the backstage, on the runways… I feel it’s a kind of compensation for the bad behaviour they have had with her, they haven’t supported her at all. Marina never gets a cover although she deserves it a lot. And it specially makes me angry when I think of Vogue’s August Cover. Just to laugh at, it’s like a bad joke. It was ASHAMING, Lindsay Lohan badly disguised of Marilyn, and they called her ‘the new Marylin’ (I hate this kind of titulars). I really wanted to remove that disgusting cover from that horrible issue.

There is a thing I hate from Vogue Spain: the titulars. They would fix better in another kind of magazine, like Cosmopolitan for example. The person they have interviewed is always the most everything one in the world: the most elegant one, the most beautiful one, the most famous one… But, if the person they interviewed last month was the most everything one, why can the last one be the most everything one too? This time Isabel Preysler (she’s not elegant at all, sometimes people think being affected and dull means to be elegant) attract our attention. You should read the interview; it’s like if you had inside your mouth tones of sugar. ¡¡¡PELOTAS!!! (They butter her too much). As anecdote: she says she refused to pose for Newton because he made women look ugly.

The icing of the cake: Bárbara Martelo’s ed! It’s just to laugh at. It’s beyond pretention. A really bad copy of Iris’ ed in Vogue Paris March. I saw one shot and immediately thought of Bárbara, our Spanish voguette who thinks Decarnin is an emergent talent. I wonder if Barbara Martelo feels good doing that, she’s a clone. For sure that if we ask her about why she likes fashion she answers it is because wearing is like showing our personality, I think sometimes it’s true, sometimes it isn’t, and sometimes it can show what there is under those clothes and behind the idea that the person wanted to project (in your case, Bárbara, a lot of pretention and a lack of personality).

By the way, I love this Lanvin outfit.

style.com

It’s a top-look in Vogue colecciones supplement. May be it’s the most beautiful one of the season, or may be not, but my favourite for sure… I love the colours, the materials and the spirit. I love what Alber does at Lanvin. I think he’s really talented, I would say he’s modern (what a difficult word, may be the most difficult one in terms of fashion) because he doesn’t want to be modern, he’s amazingly actual, he can squeeze the time which is passing by… He takes care about he need and requirements of the woman of today with high dosses of sophistication. It’s not about thinking of the future but thinking about the present, thinking of women mainly, about proportions, about freedom. For that reason Gareth Pugh isn’t modern, he’s absolutely old fashioned. If you see an anonym woman (famous ones are much more boring and fake) wearing Lanvin she’s never out of place. Alber is the one who makes fashion a dream nowadays, it’s beyond words.

Each day there are more talents that are not talented at all, may be they are talented to sell (I know fashion has to do with sells, but I don’t care about it). I mean Alexander Wang, Decarnin, Frida, Maria Grazia Chiuri, Pier Paolo Piccioli, Tommaso Aquilano, Roberto Rimondi's, and a lot more, while Olivier Ttheyskens and Cristina Ortiz (out of Ferragamo, my god, she did it well!) are without a job. OUT of the business as soon as possible. The Spanish Social Security would be very pleased because the time I see something they make, the time I have to go to the hospital with a heart attack… and it’s not well to take advantage of such a great service because of that.

I love his hands, they are really beautiful.
[img=http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2200/dibujovpg.jpg]

vogue.es

Cervantes, Noaya, Bbofbalenciaga, Nocturn and those people whose nicks are unknown to me in this forum :

Last edited by Creative; 20-08-2009 at 11:10 AM.
20-08-2009
V.I.P.

Simply stunning cover.

20-08-2009
backstage pass

Vogue España September 2009 : Isabeli Fontana by David Vasiljevic

scanned by me

20-08-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks a lot for the HQ cover. Isabeli's eyes are so alluring..

don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
I feel it’s a kind of compensation for the bad behaviour they have had with her, they haven’t supported her at all. Marina never gets a cover although she deserves it a lot.
If you mean Marina Perez, she had Vogue Espana covers in March 2005 and again in Aug 2006. Perhaps they were supportive of her at that stage in her career, but maybe not so much now?

20-08-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
Cervantes, Noaya, Bbofbalenciaga, Nocturn and those people whose nicks are unknown to me in this forum :
I miss you, baby.
You should come back home

P.S: Loved the post

Last edited by noaya; 20-08-2009 at 04:20 PM.
20-08-2009
V.I.P.

Tanya and Alana's eds are very strong, particularly the former is wonderful

20-08-2009
trendsetter

Me too

I love Vogue España, but its a pity that the best collections supplement of the world is so thin

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisGalaxy View Post
do they sell vogue espana in the US?
if so in which stores... cos the only store ive been to that sells the top fashion magazines is Barns&Nobels. but they dont sell vogue espana or vogue paris :/

some of the magz they sell are
US vogue
vogue italia
vogue australia
vogue british
i-D
W
Harpers Bazzar
and thats it, well theres more but those arent important xD
Are you in Chicago or a suburb? If so then maybe you will have to go to a Chicago B&N to find it.

20-08-2009
front row

Creative

20-08-2009
she's got the look

The cover is as average as the magazine. Isabeli looks gorgeous though. Her ed seems like a cheap copy of a Dolce & Gabbana campaign from the 80's shot by meisel + guess + bruce weber...

rising star

Isabeli looks sexy on the cover but i always think she does sexy and nothing else.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, david, fontana, isabeli, september, spain, vasiljevic, vogue