How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
28-06-2006
  31
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 834
Stam looks cute but those red letters are really irritating

  Reply With Quote
 
28-06-2006
  32
V.I.P.
 
fleur137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
I hope they don't do that 'Put her on the cover, don't give her an editorial' thing that UK Vogue ALWAYS do!
i hate that. i don't see the pt of putting someone on the cover if they're not gonna be inside cos isn't the cover, ideally, supposed to sell and "advertise" the things in the issue?

  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  33
clever ain't wise
 
iluvjeisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleur137
i hate that. i don't see the pt of putting someone on the cover if they're not gonna be inside cos isn't the cover, ideally, supposed to sell and "advertise" the things in the issue?
My bet is that she's inside. Usually, it's just the big models (Kate, Gisele) who are only on the cover and nowhere else. Oh, wait, no that was the case with Elise's covers as well. I guess we'll have to see, then This cover is pretty much would I would like to see more of from UK Vogue. Fresh young model with attitude, being allowed to express something of herself on the cover, not letting it get too realistic and drab or anything, but just have a hint of that special something that makes her a popular model...


Last edited by iluvjeisa; 29-06-2006 at 12:32 AM.
  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  34
rising star
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 176
i don't like it. too much red and stam's face is not looking good.
but i like stam

  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  35
V.I.P.
 
truebluejen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North of Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,083
No Stam editorial
I'll scan them in a minute. There's also another of Kate's scary Dior ads!

__________________
*Heather Marks*Georgia Frost*Jessica Stam*
Sasha Pivovarova*Freja Beha
Brigid McGaw
  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  36
...
 
Annu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,697
Stam looks nice.

__________________
Things are only impossible until they’re not.
  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  37
V.I.P.
 
fleur137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
My bet is that she's inside. Usually, it's just the big models (Kate, Gisele) who are only on the cover and nowhere else. Oh, wait, no that was the case with Elise's covers as well. I guess we'll have to see, then This cover is pretty much would I would like to see more of from UK Vogue. Fresh young model with attitude, being allowed to express something of herself on the cover, not letting it get too realistic and drab or anything, but just have a hint of that special something that makes her a popular model...
yeah the fact that elise was on the cover and not inside made me hate those type of situations even more

  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  38
V.I.P.
 
fleur137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluejen
No Stam editorial
I'll scan them in a minute. There's also another of Kate's scary Dior ads!
WHAT?!?!?! that's just terrible!

  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  39
tfs star
 
litchickuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kent, England
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,634
I'd like to thank the postman for bringing my copy today. I know what i'll be doing all today! The cover is good, Stam is so beautiful

__________________
Classic, Casual, Elegant, Perfect
~ANGE~CATHERINE~PIPPA~VB~JLOVE~KATIE~MKA~
  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  40
V.I.P.
 
truebluejen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North of Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,083
more...


__________________
*Heather Marks*Georgia Frost*Jessica Stam*
Sasha Pivovarova*Freja Beha
Brigid McGaw
  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  41
clever ain't wise
 
iluvjeisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,848
Thank you truebluejen, you're a gem This ed is nice, but since I don't like Guinevere that much, it's kind of lost on me. Although it is quite luscious, of course.

  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  42
tfs star
 
lacy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_exhausted
Stam looks cute but those red letters are really irritating
I agree.

  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  43
backstage pass
 
lolita_sweet_91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: au bord de la mer
Gender: femme
Posts: 589
wow, this cover is so gorgeous, imo it's the best uk vogue cover this year and stammy looks great

__________________
I'd rather go naked than wear fake Chanel
  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  44
V.I.P.
 
truebluejen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North of Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,083
Next ed on it's way soon

__________________
*Heather Marks*Georgia Frost*Jessica Stam*
Sasha Pivovarova*Freja Beha
Brigid McGaw
  Reply With Quote
29-06-2006
  45
V.I.P.
 
truebluejen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North of Scotland
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,083



__________________
*Heather Marks*Georgia Frost*Jessica Stam*
Sasha Pivovarova*Freja Beha
Brigid McGaw
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, august, demarchelier, jessica, patrick, stam, uk, vogue
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.