Vogue Ukraine June 2018 : Taja Feistner by Alexander Saladrigas - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by olha View Post
Besides before everyone seemed to praise VU for their identity but suddenly it’s bad?
If I ever did that (which I don't remember) I was clearly drunk. I do like some of their covers. Just like every other Vogue, not everything is a miss. I can separate the image from the magazine it is published in (be it Vogue, Elle, Maxima or Harpers or any indie). If a shoot is good, it's good. That doesn't mean I see them as representing the magazine or its audience. Harpers had amazing editorials recently that would fit perfectly on Vogue, even with their audience being slightly different. It's the never ending discussion that goes for current Vogue Italia - is it losing its identity? Are identities that important? For some, like me, a magazine identity is very important. I bought magazines religiously without even seeing any preview content (VI, System, Dazed). Not anymore.

I may not think of some of these covers as being Vogue-material but they are good, nevertheless. This one isn't. (Although Vogue Ukraine have released a few Vogue-ish ones recently - I remember a pink one and one with Malgosia in b&w that were very VI).

fashion elite

VU never had an identity.

If they weren’t copying Franca’s Vogue and POP wholesale, they were a glorified monthly lookbook for the likes of Demna and JW— in that they copied wholesale, the look, the tone, the mood, and even the flat, depressing lighting and raw, unprocessed photo files of these designers’ aesthetic in print.

And unlike Demna’s aesthetic— which at best, possesses that brand of yes-I-know-I’m-suckering-in-all-these-fashion-victims-to-dress-like-the-down-and-out-of-Eastern-Europe, VU is just so joyless, so serious, so lacking in self-awareness.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I guess a backlash was inevitable after all the praise VUA had gotten over the years.

windowshopping

In desperate search for my contact lens. LOL. Nice try but this is bad...not cover worthy, let alone the cover line Fashion Hunter..... aesthetics has derailed....

1 Week Ago
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I guess a backlash was inevitable after all the praise VUA had gotten over the years.
It's just from the same people though. People who have hated VU remain to hate it. People who've liked VU remain to like it.

With this cover, I do agree that the panther isn't really necessary and that the composition is basic. I like the concept. Execution - not a big fan.

1 Week Ago
trendsetter

I love it! It's an eye catching image, a little tacky in the best way, almost like a coffeebook cover.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

Pointless. doesn't seem like they are hunting anything desperately at all

they are just lost...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, alexander, feistner, june, saladrigas, taja, ukraine, vogue