How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-03-2010
V.I.P.

Jennifer and Gerard look so good together, they looked fantastic at the Golden Globes.
I like the cover and their edit looks decent, can't wait to see a few more shots.

11-03-2010
trendsetter

I still think her expression is supposed to look like she's a pain. She's sitting on Butler's crotch and her skirt is very short. I think the picture is suggesting a painful penetration. I know that sounds unbelievable crude for a Fashion Magazine cover, but this IS the sex-obsessed Steven Klein.

backstage pass

^
Gerard
usually has that " rough around the edges/ Steve McQueen" look.
Too much photo-shop just steals all his charm. And Jennifer is way over exposed at this point.
The larger cover looks worse than the smaller version. I don't like anything about this cover.

Last edited by dfl-001; 11-03-2010 at 09:17 PM.
12-03-2010
V.I.P.

I don't like any of them buy I really like the cover.

12-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Jennifer and Gerard look so good together, they looked fantastic at the Golden Globes.
Personally, I thought Jennifer outdid everyone at the Golden Globes, but only in looking cheap. Are they an item, though, or have they just made a film together? Neither of them are people I keep up with so I don't really know.

To be honest, I didn't even think about the Brad & Angelina features W did back in the day when I saw this. Stylistically, the similarities are few and far between, and although Star and Us Weekly would probably beg to differ, too many years have passed since the actual incident (if you can call it that) for magazines to (again) start commenting on the long since discussed Brangelina-Jen drama without it appearing dumb, not to mention late. If this cover carries a message at all beyond promotion for The Bounty Hunter it's that Jennifer's moved on. But of course, the inside contents could always prove me wrong, and at the same time I'm sure W won't mind if people make the connection anyway, if it sells the issue.

This is a rather silly cover, though. I'm not sure that the prospects for this film are such that warrant this big of a publicity effort (judging by what I've read of it anyway -- which admittedly isn't much, seeing as I only Googled it moments ago. But hey, can't blame them for trying, right?). So the cover is a play at their new movie, fine. But as someone not particularly interested in either, I can't really know that without being told, with e.g. a caption that's a bit more descriptive than "Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler turn up the heat," can I? Having had no prior knowledge of their film together, I was for a while quite seriously expecting a very poorly posed and acted, role play-themed photo spread. Not that being aware of the film really improved on the cover posing all that much.

On another note, W need to seriously start to reconsider their airbrushing policy. While I realize airbrushing is standard procedure for celebrity cover features today, especially for actresses past the 35/40-mark, there is something as overdoing it, and they've been doing a lot of it lately. And for someone who works with Photoshop a lot, this as the final product looks not only overly Photoshopped, but rather shoddy as well. There's a lot of blurring and smoothing here that looks artificial, and if the actual Jennifer didn't have such defined facial features, I might not have recognized her with this degree of Photoshop-correction.

Lovely colors, though. But still need to let go of the orange, W.

16-03-2010
fashion icon

New York, New York 10021
Models: Freja Beha Erichsen & Raquel Zimmerman
Ph: Inez and Vinoodh
Styling: Alex White

wmagazine.com

The blue lines on the images are part of W's "Shop the Issue" concept on their website. I couldn't get rid of them.

fashion icon

Movers and Shakers
Model: Daria Werbowy
Ph: Mario Sorrenti
Styling: Camilla Nickerson

wmagazine.com

tailored

freja + raquel + i&v = love

i will definitely be ripping the cover off this one...
they are both tired with a capital "T", and their movie looks like crap...

Mr. Zhivago

Daria's ed is so boring and uninspired...

16-03-2010
backstage pass

^ I completely disagree, I guess I am biased though!
I love it and it reminds me of her work from 2004.

16-03-2010
fashion elite

Uhm,why does this merit a cover again? oh yeah,a boring,predictable movie.
YAWN

16-03-2010
V.I.P.

I assume that these are the only two eds?...looks like I'll be passing up this issue again . At least Freja looks gorgeous in her editorial.

16-03-2010
!

love the eds so far and i agree with mm6789, daria's ed is very 04-05.

16-03-2010
V.I.P.

raquel totally outshines freja. love her.

starving hysterical naked

raquel looks so bland and useless next to freja in the 'new york new york' ed.. anyway i adore the poise and the casual feminity freja delivers here, i have a feeling the work she's been getting lately tends to show different facets of her... something i congratulate warmly.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, aniston, april, butler, gerard, jennifer, klein, steven