How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2009
backstage pass

Here it is...

<--- Karma button that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg laraw.jpg (145.2 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by MulletProof; 07-07-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: merged posts.

07-07-2009
backstage pass

I have low expectations but I am a bit excited nonetheless.

07-07-2009
trendsetter

Oh god.... Not what I was expecting, AT ALL, and not in a good way. The cover is too retro for my taste. It looks like a film still of Bardot in the 1950's. There is really nothing current or contemporary about it. Lara looks beautiful, as usual, but the styling makes her look like a young child dressing up in her granny's frumpy clothes. The whole Chanel Bo Brummel look was not at all attractive on the runway and certainly isn't appetizing in print either. But hey, at least it's not the typical Klein dungeons and whips imagery. And I truly am happy to see Lara on her own cover. She really does look flawless, ignoring the outdated styling.

Thanks SOOO much mainstay !!

Last edited by vavavinny; 07-07-2009 at 04:11 PM.
07-07-2009
trendsetter

Love!!!!!

07-07-2009
tfs star

i think it's beautiful!! a softer side of Lara we don't see much at all. can't waaaait for this to show up in my mailbox, it's gonna make my week

V.I.P.

Please provide a credit to your image, mainstay. if it's your own scan, just state it so.

truly gorgeous.. totaly must-have.

V.I.P.

Thanks so much mainstay.

The cover is so beautiful, i think its almost September worthy.

07-07-2009
Unveil Yourself....

This girl...oh man..she is a superstar in a league of her own. She gets her name splattered all over W, gets a whole issue for VP, has been on US Vogue after never been in it. Every single photographer has shot her, all the fashion houses want her and she is without doubt one of the most unique models ever. League of her own, I tell ya...it doesn't even matter that this cover is not the best ever. I can't believe she grew up less than 40 km away from my hometown. Seriously....

twitter.com/ErikP87
07-07-2009
V.I.P.

^^LOVE the fact that her name is on the cover in as big letters as any celeb's would have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
Oh god.... Not what I was expecting, AT ALL, and not in a good way. The cover is too retro for my taste. It looks like a film still of Bardot in the 1950's. There is really nothing current or contemporary about it. Lara looks beautiful, as usual, but the styling makes her look like a young child dressing up in her granny's frumpy clothes. The whole Chanel Bo Brummel look was not at all attractive on the runway and certainly isn't appetizing in print either. But hey, at least it's not the typical Klein dungeons and whips imagery. And I am happy to see Lara on her own cover. She really does look flawless, despite the outdated styling.

Thanks SOOO much mainstay !!
Seriously, if he wasn't credited there is no way i would believe he shot this cover, but of course we both might take our words back when we see the full ed.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 07-07-2009 at 04:12 PM.
07-07-2009
trendsetter

I love it, she looks amazing!!!!

07-07-2009
Mr. Magic

I just loveeee August magazines
Looks lovely in Chanel

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
07-07-2009
trendsetter

^ I totally agree Mr-Dale. She is hands down an icon of this generation. There is no doubt in my mind that she will be remembered and praised 20, 30, 40, maybe even 50 years down the road. A true beauty trailblazer.

fashion icon

O M G I Was feeling like this after the MJ memorial and now I'm like this

yay mood swings

07-07-2009
backstage pass

Sorry, my photo.

07-07-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^^LOVE the fact that her name is on the cover in as big letters as any celeb's would have been.

Seriously, if he wasn't credited there is no way i would believe he shot this cover, but of course we both might take our words back when we see the full ed.
I am shocked that he photographed it as well! It looks more like something I&V or even M&M would do! I think Klein purposefully did the complete opposite of what he usually does just to prove himself. Which was not necessarily the best idea. Klein can do many things, but soft and pretty isn't his best ouevre. Everything seems so forced. And for me, the styling is unforgivable. But Lara does look absolutely captivating. Hopefully my faith is renewed by the editorial!

As I look at the cover more and more, it grows on me. It is coquettish in a cute way I guess. I just am used to seeing such sexually-driven images and sharp, futuristic styling in W and this deviation is a bit shocking for me. I applaud the editors at W for taking a different direction and mixing things up, but soft doesn't have to be in-your-face frothy. I am just a bit perplexed by the direction both Klein and White were trying to take with this image.

Last edited by vavavinny; 07-07-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, august, klein, lara, steven, stone