How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2009
fashion elite

the cover is so beautiful. i can't believe it's real.

this is the US edition of W? Meaning there is a model, who is not Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell or Linda E, on the cover of a major American magazine?

that givenchy show must have really killed me.

07-07-2009
boop

One word.
EPIC.

07-07-2009
fashion insider

Love the winter vibe. This is beautiful. Glad she finally got her own cover. Without other girls. She's really a Supermodel.

07-07-2009
fashion icon

I do not get the appeal of Lara. I don't find her attractive and she's nowhere near iconic since no one outside of hardcore fashionistas know who she is. I'm also tired of seeing her breasts.

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

I'm def. gonna get this. Stunning cover!

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

i it!!!

Unveil Yourself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
I do not get the appeal of Lara. I don't find her attractive and she's nowhere near iconic since no one outside of hardcore fashionistas know who she is. I'm also tired of seeing her breasts.
That doesn't mean she can't be iconic within the world of fashion, right? Cause if she isn't already, she will be. The next biggest thing since Gemma Ward IMO...who was (like her or not) the last business-shaking face of fashion who has become pretty wellknown outside the world of fashion, in comparison to other models of our age.

twitter.com/ErikP87
07-07-2009
clever ain't wise

I think she will be bigger than Gemma.

07-07-2009
trendsetter

Gemma and Daria were, in my opinion, the last two biggest groundbreaking fashion-faces- Gemma for her alien-like beauty which ushered in a whole horde of similar martian-like girls and Daria for her classic, timeless beauty which can be molded into any type of look. Lara is for sure in their league, not only for her non-traditional features (the gap in her teeth, for one ), but more importantly for the shape of her body which arguably put an end to the superwaif craze.

Last edited by vavavinny; 07-07-2009 at 03:31 PM.
07-07-2009
fashion insider

Lara is not iconic. Some of you are getting ahead of yourself ( give her some catwalk lessons them Ill consider, besides she is somewhat one dimensional for me. sex, and then sex that is all. ) . Anyway this not model talk but rather the mag/pics themselves right?

For one I am actually happy that is a model and Lara looks very nice, not the obvious sexy thing she usually does. And Klein has refrained from bondage so this won't be a complete mess.

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

Beautiful

07-07-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailqueen View Post
Lara is not iconic. Some of you are getting ahead of yourself ( give her some catwalk lessons them Ill consider, besides she is somewhat one dimensional for me. sex, and then sex that is all. ) . Anyway this not model talk but rather the mag/pics themselves right?

For one I am actually happy that is a model and Lara looks very nice, not the obvious sexy thing she usually does. And Klein has refrained from bondage so this won't be a complete mess.
The fact that she does not walk well on the catwalk only enhances her icon status. She is the anti-model. Everything about her goes against the standards of what what was expected of models before. And though Lara is frequently depicted topless or in sexual situations, she can also play innocent and docile quite well. I remember after her first huge runway season in 2007, she appeared in W in June 2007 looking very young and doll-like, even if she was holding a cigarette. I remember being taken aback and fascinated by the imagery of such a fragile-looking girl playing such a grown-up role. Also, her country editorial in VP May 2008 wonderfully showcased her soft side.

Last edited by vavavinny; 07-07-2009 at 03:37 PM.
07-07-2009
V.I.P.

The cover is gorgeous and so much better than the July cover.

fashion insider

anti model? so now not knowing how to walk is a quality? umm ok. The girl is good at what she does, excellent even but she is too limited for me.

07-07-2009
trendsetter

^It's not a quality, but one of many quirks which sets Lara apart from the rest.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, august, klein, lara, steven, stone