How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2013
V.I.P.

Best Performances
W Magazine -
February 2013

PH: Juergen Teller

fashionscansremastered.net

18-01-2013
V.I.P.

The Nonconformist
W Magazine -
February 2013

PH: Juergen Teller

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
This issue is making me fall in love with Juergen's work again. The portraits are pretty amazing, I love this raw aspect of his pictures (and especially when they're not too yellow)

My favorites are Emma's set and the one of Quvenzhané Wallis, she looks so cute.
The wonderful thing about the portraits in the spread to me is not that they are so raw and unflinching, but that they are so natural and uncontrived even though they look otherwise. It's like watching something (or someone) breathe.

fashion elite

I dont get why Jennifer is the only who wasnt shot by Teller (you can see on the photo, its shot by Alex Prager). It looks very out of place but this issue is fantastic!

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

I have never understood the aesthetics of Juergen Teller. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I think a photograph should flatter someone, not make them look old, haggard and as if they're using illegal substances. I just don't understand what's so attractive about the entire Stars edit. Yeah the photos are raw and not what we usually see from photographers. But I still dislike what I see.

fashion elite

^I would rather see semeone shot how they are and without make up than someone posing in a cold old mansion with a bored face overphotoshoped like photographers ,like MarioTestino for example, do.

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

As I mentioned, I understand that Teller's aesthetics are refreshing compared to most other photographers. But I don't understand the hype sorrounding the Stars editorial or Juergen for that matter. None of the photos do anything for me, literally, none.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
As I mentioned, I understand that Teller's aesthetics are refreshing compared to most other photographers. But I don't understand the hype sorrounding the Stars editorial or Juergen for that matter. None of the photos do anything for me, literally, none.
I'm with you on this one. Juergen's not my cup of tea either. I don't understand how anyone can like Emma's editorial. It looks like she's playing dress-up whilst on a three-day bender in a sketchy motel.

19-01-2013
boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
But it's all naturally done, it's not POW like Reba's.
I feel like it was done on purpose to show Rebel in a different light. With most of these celebrities the norm is to see them portrayed in a very glamorous way, but with Rebel's onscreen persona being more offbeat it is a complete change of pace to her done up in red lipstick looking incredibly sophisticated.

For me this portfolio is all about showing these people in a way that is different from what we'd expect and I think Rebel's picture works. In a way it almost speaks volumes, since it makes me wonder why am I so used to seeing women like Keira Knightley or Rachel Weisz (really any of the other women featured - just using those two as examples) done up and looking beautiful, yet every other picture of Rebel I can remember is all about humor and silliness. Not that I'm complaining, she's pretty darn funny.

Last edited by Luxx; 19-01-2013 at 10:18 AM.
19-01-2013
V.I.P.

i love the big editorial by juergen..amazing..i will never get tired of his work! the only bad thing is emma's editorial because she looks awful

V.I.P.

Larger than previously posted...

Sporty Spice
W Magazine -
February 2013

PH: Tom Munro

20-01-2013
fashion icon

I actually really like the Stars editorial, it's a nice group of people, and there are some really good shots in the mix. Some of the photographs I'm not crazy about (Ben Wishaw for example, love the dude but he looks crazy here) but overall a nice set of pictures. I like Juergen's more raw way of shooting, it's fantastic to see so many of these celebrities stripped down instead of made up.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 20-01-2013 at 11:33 AM.
21-01-2013
fashion elite

poor matthew mcconaughey. this picture only emphasizes the lengths he went to for his most recent role. it kinda makes me uncomfortable just looking at his picture...

21-01-2013
don't look down

At least he can look forward to a healthy paycheck, some awards, and the rest of his life. We should never forget there was a time when people looked like that for real, and nobody wanted to know them, never mind run their picture in a fashion magazine.

.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
I feel like it was done on purpose to show Rebel in a different light. With most of these celebrities the norm is to see them portrayed in a very glamorous way, but with Rebel's onscreen persona being more offbeat it is a complete change of pace to her done up in red lipstick looking incredibly sophisticated.
Maybe so, but to me, it wasn't worth messing with the harmony of the entire shoot to include it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, emma, february, juergen, stone, teller