How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2013
windowshopping

W February 2013 : Emma Stone by Juergen Teller

this is terrible... I don't like it.

source: em-stone.com

09-01-2013
backstage pass

oh no

V.I.P.

By the looks of it, it's safe to say Teller also shot the cover and for that I admire W, because his aesthetic is definitely not one you see on magazine covers. As for the actual covershot, it has an awkwardness about it and the her hair looks deep fried. Still, I'm very excited to see the actor's portfolio and the fashion eds.

trendsetter

Is it wrong that I don't actually hate it? The pose and styling works for me but the face could have been a bit stronger..

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
Is it wrong that I don't actually hate it? The pose and styling works for me but the face could have been a bit stronger..
Oh, I agree! I feel like if she had a strong red lip, or maybe even a strong beauty look, this overall would've been such a strong cover.

fashion insider

It doesn't work for me one way or the other.

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

I certainly dont appreciate this! Why does she have to be showing her bra? All while looking a bit worn out with bad hair, but if Teller shot it, it does make sense, although it could be Richardson as well, but less likely.

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

Judging from the preview, Iīm not thrilled with the cover (the bra looks photoshoped, her lips look chapped)... but Iīll wait to see a better res pic. If W was going for that type of photography Iīm glad that Teller shot the cover instead of Richardson (as I think JŁrgen has more taste than Terry).

Last edited by kokobombon; 09-01-2013 at 12:26 PM.
09-01-2013
front row

She looks awkward. Please don't tell me it's a double cover

09-01-2013
fashion elite

YES! YES! YES!
This is what I want to see in a celebrity spread (Tilda cant be the only one right?) and I just love what W is doing with celebrities lately putting them working with artists and daring photographers like Walker or Teller instead of going for Testino or Mert & Marcus is just admirable.
Transforming Americas Sweetheart into something different, more edgy and in my opinion way more interesting just makes me more exited abou the usual boring studio pictures Movie Issue (just take the example of last year).
W is prooving that amercan magazines do not always play safe and they are (basicly) the only ones doing it. nd even tho they still work with celebrities they always turn them into something I would personaly would like to read insted of a awkward celebrity on a old house with a boring Marchesa gown.

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

I actually love it! Very 90's, vintage Juergen Teller, and I love the stripped down feeling of it. Emma looks quite pretty.

front row

is this the over-exposed white people issue? emma stone had to much print attention last year for me to care about anything she has to say this year and we do not need any more features on kirsten stewart, keira knighly and jennifer lawrence. they all had individual covers last year!

09-01-2013
███████████████

awkward, ugly but YES diferent

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fee de foret View Post
is this the over-exposed white people issue? emma stone had to much print attention last year for me to care about anything she has to say this year and we do not need any more features on kirsten stewart, keira knighly and jennifer lawrence. they all had individual covers last year!
I second that! Its sooo ridiculous to give her the cover, and feature to those others they have covered to death. So many cool up and coming starlets, and they do this? She was on the cover in Jan 11 already. I really like her, but why not champion someone else for a change?!

09-01-2013
rising star

I like it. A lot.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, emma, february, juergen, stone, teller