How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Beautiful! I`m loving the month of July! Beyonce, Beyonce, Beyonce. The shots are very fierce and energetic (compared to some of their main editorials for the past months). Although, I agree that some of the shots (few) just falls short and repetitive when compared to the others. Loving her poses, clothes and she just photograph well in Givenchy, doesn`t she.

That cover is beautiful, although I must say that I`m distracted with that tacky LV-hungry printed hat. A subtler hat would do better.

I`m a bit disappointed in Christina Aguilera`s cover. After giving us a full-force energy from Beyonce, they give us a nude Christina posing. It`s not that I hate the Christina cover. It`s beautiful. Way better than her past cover before but it just doesn`t coincide with the other cover. This falls short. It doesn`t stand out when compared to Beyonce`s cover with full color.

The editorial with Joan Smalls and Isabeli is beautiful. I just don`t get why do they have to put so much make up on Isabeli? The first and last shots are just scary weird.

Love that W is really stepping it up!

13-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
How exactly is her cover offensive and in your face?
Posted via Mobile Device
The styling and execution is luckluster and lacks vibrancy. It does not work in my opinion. The strategically placed roses, the mane of white voluminous hair. Christina Aguilera needed a moment of just simplicity and elegance, and this to me is more on the "trying to be controversial" aspect which isnt needed and offensive because Christina is already a maximist person in her character and "style" (red lips, ridiculous extensions, too-short hemlines, heinous leggings). How about Christina with simple lighting, no extensions, natural make up, in a monochromatic design by Chanel or Armani Prive, take it down three hundred notches.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
13-06-2011
V.I.P.

The Hit Parade = brilliant, completely amazing!!!

tfs star

So how is it offensive? I still don't understand where you are coming from? What about the image is offensive? Her being nude? Christina is actually quite covered up with the exception of her hips and part of her buttocks. Her pose is not vulgar and make up is soft and minimal. Her genital and breasts are fully covered. What is so offensive?

You say it lacks styling and vibrancy, yet you still say it needs to be more simple. She is partly nude, how much more simple can it be?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Ives927; 13-06-2011 at 09:23 PM.
13-06-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
So how is it offensive? I still don't understand where you are coming from? What about the image is offensive? Her being nude? Christina is actually quite covered up with the exception of her hips and part of her buttocks. Her pose is not vulgar and make up is soft and minimal. Her genital and breasts are fully covered. What is so offensive?

You say it lacks styling and vibrancy, yet you still say it needs to be more simple. She is partly nude, how much more simple can it be?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not that she is nude i just think the execution isnt right its lackluster in my opinion. When you put someone on a cover nude it isnt always impactful (think Britney's Harpers Bazaar cover), i dont think her pose is vulgar i think the elements of styling have no energy and in simplicity i meant a beauty shot or minimal shot that is naturalistic and not nude with a wild-mane of hair.

Last edited by Eccentricity; 13-06-2011 at 09:30 PM.
13-06-2011
tfs star

So there is nothing offensive about it. It simply isn't your taste.
Posted via Mobile Device

13-06-2011
backstage pass

W Magazine July 2011: Christina Aguilera, Photographed by: Daniele Duella and Iango Henzi, Styled by Giovanna Battaglia

Photos:http://www.facebook.com/WE-3-CHRISTINA-AGUILERA/

Last edited by kinkexplosion; 13-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.
13-06-2011
trendsetter

^the nude pose and styling could have been more inoffensive in terms of the being more subtle and natural with the styling. i dont want to see lady marmalade on the cover of W.

13-06-2011
tfs star

Amazing! Love it!!

And I'm kinda shocked that this is shot by Patrick. lol. So thought it was M&M.

13-06-2011
Oh Yeah!

There is nothing offensive in Christina's cover. It is subtle and ethereal. I love her cover. Way better than Beyonce's.

tfs star

The new shot of Christina is stunning! So soft and beautiful.
Posted via Mobile Device

13-06-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Oh! Christina`s editorial is beautiful! I love the tagline "Christina finds her Voice" matched with an ethereal editorial. It`s like finding the light and regaining what was hers. Loving it. I love the head shot with her hair covering her face. I just wish there was more.

This could`ve been a lot prettier if it`s not getting compared to that of Beyonce`s. Either way, beautiful!

trendsetter

I don't like the most recent music either of these women have put out (compared to past work and what they're clearly capable of), but I kind of love both covers. I think I'll get Beyonce's, though, just because it's so much more vibrant than Christina's, which looks similar to the muted covers we've been getting almost every month for the past 9-10 months.

tfs star

I like the face shot of Christina but the rest is underwhelming and too photo-shopped. I much prefer Beyonce's shoot even though a couple of shots I'm not feeling that much. Meh.

I'm never a fan of Christina Aguilera, but her cover and ed are great. They remind me of her Versace ads though.
Whereas Beyonce's are quite underwhelming.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, aguilera, beyonce, christina, daniele, demarchelier, iango, july