How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2011
V.I.P.

Digital version of both cover/editorials.

Fierce, Fearless, Female
Beyoncé by Patrick Demarchelier

Christina Finds Her Voice
Christina Aguilera by Daniele Duella & Iango Henzi

wmagazine.com

15-06-2011
fashion icon

I die!! for Beyonce's editorial wooooo it's magnificent.

15-06-2011
V.I.P.

Love Beyonce's catty shots especially the one in givenchy

15-06-2011
tfs star

well Christina looks better but those photos are such a major snoozer! boring

15-06-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

I'd never thought that Christina Aguilera spread would look better than Beyonce's but it really does. Even though I like the colors and the styling in Bey's ed I think she looks a bit lifeless and something is lacking. Maybe if Mert & Marcus had shot her, instead of having Demarchelier channeling them it would've been better.
Christina on the contrary looks really great, her close-up shot is gorgeous. Too bad they decided to over photoshop her body because we all knows that she doesn't look like this anymore. And yet , it was a great oportunity to show people how comfortable she is with her "new" body.

fashion elite

I love Christina's cover and editorial although it looks nothing like her. Beyonce bores me. It's always the same endless attempts to look "fierce".

15-06-2011
backstage pass

Looks like Demarchelier's the first to discover how Mert & Marcus do the selective color filtering in Photoshop. Hopefully this means M&M will finally have to find a new trick to milk.

Perhaps it's my dislike for Beyoncé (which I readily admit), but her photos do absolutely nothing for me. Whether or not it's because it's coming from Demarchelier, there is something very tired and try-hard fierce about her ed, and while Beyoncé fans will surely appreciate it being focused on her, from a fashion perspective it is completely negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
I like her in her "Back to Basics" era but i woud have preffered a beauty-type shot for her that is a little more inoffensive and subtle. This is abit unabashed and in your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
^the nude pose and styling could have been more inoffensive in terms of the being more subtle and natural with the styling. i dont want to see lady marmalade on the cover of W.
I really don't see what is so spectacularly offensive about Christina's cover. Certainly there is a sensual allusion to nudity here, but her essentials are fully covered - not barely, not even partly, but entirely - and I for one am for once happy to see Christina's "Lady Marmalade" hasn't been in the same room with an editorial. In terms of tastefulness, this is about as close to classy as you can get posing nude. (And mind you, I am the certified Fashion Spot prude. ) If you want to talk in-your-face, Lara Stone's cover for Interview March 2010 was about 50,000 more "offensive" and "unabashed" than this tame (and I daresay almost blushing) example of cover "nudity".

Neither cover is that exciting, though, even if I'm glad to see Christina for once in less than full stage make-up, and the review sounds hopelessly boring. Think I'll give this a miss and await better issues.

And anyway, in all seriousness, "Christina Finds Her Voice" is about 8 years behind its time.

15-06-2011
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheekyCritic View Post
And anyway, in all seriousness, "Christina Finds Her Voice" is about 8 years behind its time.
Well not really, when you consider that her career is being "reignited" by the Voice which only started in April.

15-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
Well not really, when you consider that her career is being "reignited" by the Voice which only started in April.
Fair point. I've heard so little of it personally I'd long since dismissed it as having being only a marginal part of her resume. But it is apparently a big hit(!), if the show's Wikipedia page is anything to go by. I was thinking more 2003, "The Voice Within" and her musical career in general, which has long since blossomed (probably reaching its peak in 2006 with Back to Basics).

15-06-2011
tfs star

Bey in the neon yellow Givenchy is stunning, but they need to give her back her eyebrows. I much prefer Christina's cover.

15-06-2011
fashion elite

Some Beyonce outakes...

15-06-2011
you soft and only

The first outtake... really?

15-06-2011
Hell on Heels

omg this is disastrous, her face! what did they do to her. no wonder it's an outtake

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4014/93688264.jpg

15-06-2011
MON
V.I.P.

I love how both editorials looked cohesive by contradicting each other. Beyonce is full fierce while Christina`s counter that with ethereal subtleness. Beautiful!

Beyonce`s out takes are weird but still pretty.

tfs star

Those outtakes are fierce!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, aguilera, beyonce, christina, daniele, demarchelier, iango, july