How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-06-2012
front row

While I'm not thrilled after seeing Double Edge, I do appreciate the typography for the editorial title. I was getting bored with the plain fonts and missed the old W's fun, playful fonts.

21-06-2012
®

here's the Chris Hemsworth feature by Francesco Carrozzini

Quote:
hey are waiting for Thor. It’s a few days before the U.S. premiere of The Avengers, which will zoom to a staggering $200 million opening weekend, and outside a downtown New York hotel, fans cluster, hoping for an autograph, an iPhone pic, a glimpse of the brawny 28-year-old Australian actor. He is Chris Hemsworth, not yet a household name but a confident bet to be one—still new enough to movies that he’s not weary of this fuss or the global promotional haul that has shipped him and his blond *ponytail from Los Angeles to France to Russia, then Germany and Italy and En*gland before, finally, Manhattan.
“It’s easy to go, ‘Oh, God, I’m just talking about the same questions’ or ‘I’m exhausted from traveling’—but no, no,” Hemsworth says, sitting in the hotel’s library. “I would much rather be doing this than things I have done in the past. It’s an incredibly exciting job.”
He is not jaded. This madness is fun. How can it not be? A former teenage surfer and the older brother of Hunger Games phenom Liam Hemsworth, Chris is riding one of Hollywood’s great franchises—The Avengers is a smash, as was Thor; and Thor 2 is in the works. (At this rate, Hemsworth could be swinging that hammer into middle age.) He’s also in theaters right now, with Snow White and the Huntsman, starring Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart. Next comes the seventies auto-racing drama Rush, directed by Ron Howard and slated for release early next year, in which Hemsworth plays the late real-life driver James Hunt, a charming roué remembered as much for his bedroom conquests as for his triumphs on the track. “Ron keeps saying it was when ‘the driving was dangerous and the sex was safe,’ ” Hemsworth says, laughing. “Now it’s the other way around.”
The actor talks excitedly of learning to drive an open-wheel race car and the nerve-racking challenge of playing a complicated, *addictive character like Hunt. And then there’s fatherhood: Last month, Hemsworth’s wife, the actress Elsa Pataky, gave birth to their first child. “My older brother said to me, ‘It’s not about you anymore,’ ” Hemsworth says. “What a great thing it is to be slapped into that reality. You have purpose and focus.”
It all feels nervously fresh, exhilarating, hopeful. The actor excuses himself and steps outside to the waiting throng of Thor obsessives. Everyone gets a picture; every poster gets a signature. Then he climbs into a waiting SUV—done for now but really just getting started.
wmagazine

she's got the look

Quite a solid issue, imo. I can't help but love the main spread, I'm a sucker for Meisel-goes-Avedon kind of editorial. Demarchelier's is lovely, too. However, I must say I expected more from MAS+McDean.

backstage pass

So a question to anyone who purchased from the newsstands, Am I crazy or is Joan's cover the only newsstand cover?? I went to several Barnes and Nobles in the city and they all have only Joan's cover...

22-06-2012
fashion elite

^I guess that confirms that Karlie is for subscribers

22-06-2012
backstage pass

^ I guess so because another person in South Carolina reported the same thing. Only Joan's cover is over there. Wow!!!

22-06-2012
fashion insider

i'm doing double takes looking at double edge. this looks like UK VOGUE. or wait was that Interview. dude, all these magazines are starting to blur together...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelo View Post
^ I guess so because another person in South Carolina reported the same thing. Only Joan's cover is over there. Wow!!!
nope, I'm a subscriber and I got Joan's cover (thankfully!)

23-06-2012
windowshopping

I think i am gonna buy this

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
nope, I'm a subscriber and I got Joan's cover (thankfully!)
Umm so where are Karlie's Covers?!?!

24-06-2012
backstage pass

As much as I like Edie Campbell and the whole mod style, that ed is awful. I thought the 60's trend kinda fizzled out a bit this fall, and most of those looks don't even scream mod, it's all in the makeup and hats to be honest.

fashion elite

It would be nice that tfs contacted W Magazine to see this issue of the covers.

27-06-2012
trendsetter

I'm a subscriber and I got Karlie's cover Thought it was Joan for a second, honestly. It's a bit sad how they were photoshopped to look alike (unintentionally or not), but it's a great issue nonetheless and a pleasure to see a model covering an American fashion magazine.

fashion elite

YESSSS I bought it today in Madrid! Such a great issue!!! By the way, I went all week to several points they didn't have it and today the one I went to (which is my favorite coz they have a looooot of great fashion mags) only received 20 copies of Joan, none with Karlie, which is great coz I wanted Joan's cover )

backstage pass

^Joans' was the only newsstand cover

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, joan, july, karlie, kloss, meisel, smalls, steven