How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-06-2008
backstage pass

must.have.this.

17-06-2008
V.I.P.

umm...this just goes to show put models on covers and everyone (into fashionmodels) go ga-ga. the cover isn't good at all, the theme was really executed poorly, it's nothing fantastic or jaw-dropping to say the least they just chose really good models to use, that's all the cover is BLAH Why is eveyrone so crazy about this cover..because of the models?

Last edited by Mchunu; 17-06-2008 at 06:13 PM.
17-06-2008
old-fashioned

^^^well you can't compare gisele to lara, gisele can say no to whatever she wants because she's gisele. even kate moss, when she started, she had to take her clothes off... but yeah i think lara just doesn't mind, and to be honest, if i had her body i wouldn't mind showing it off either, she has the best body in the business.

backstage pass

I'm absolutely thrilled! I can't wait to have this delivered

fashion elite

how can you be displeased with this? unless you hate kate, daria, and lara i don't see how anyone cant like this. three sexy women in bed on the cover of magazine that hardly ever features models on its cover besides supers. and if you don't like models you're over loaded with designers who are featured in the editorial.

17-06-2008
V.I.P.

^don't know who you're referring to but if you're talking to me, i don't think it's anything special. three awesome models lying in the bed. how is that amazing? love daria, lara & kate but.. & magazines and fashion aren't always about models..

Last edited by Mchunu; 17-06-2008 at 07:07 PM.
17-06-2008
fashion elite

but what about the clothes, or the designers, or the location? i agree the photography isn't out of this world. but for a conde nast mag (that isn't paris vogue) i'm impressed.

17-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
how can you be displeased with this? unless you hate kate, daria, and lara i don't see how anyone cant like this. three sexy women in bed on the cover of magazine that hardly ever features models on its cover besides supers. and if you don't like models you're over loaded with designers who are featured in the editorial.

i think that ed is absolutely useless from all points: fashion? sorry, but there is 3 tops on 50 photos, and its not about high fashion, models? highly doubt, they not appear often there, designers- again not. and i dont think its about beauty or sex or somethin` they looks like photos from bad family album. and i`m really surprised what almost all tfs`tters are sooo excited.

17-06-2008
V.I.P.

^my point exactly..karma

fashion elite

fine. i just think that for once the magazine gods are shining down on me. i'm just happy that its not a feature on some boring film star.

17-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post
^my point exactly..karma
^ oh, comrades-in-arms! and i was thinking i am the only one ))thanks for your aid

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 17-06-2008 at 07:36 PM.
17-06-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
Congrats to you for being the first in the thread to objectify Laura Stone.

I knew it was going to happen...but now that we've gotten it out of the way...I'd like to suggest that we focus on the images & their artistic value & even playfullnes & not on the model's bodies in an objectifying way.

Sorry. At least it was over and done with on the first page, eh?

Bodies are objects. And they can be quantified. And it would be nice to see her modeling clothes more often. But I was out of order. Moving on...

i'm almost ready..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post

to people who say/think Lara doesn't have a place there because of Daria's and Kate's status in the "mass'" mind ... I'm sorry to say that only Kate is famous to the general mass .... Daria is known as the Lancôme girl but that would be it .... she has no name ...
remember berlin i didn't say she has 'no place'...actually i made it clear that it was not about being deserving or being a good model....i was just surprised because this cover seems sort of 'iconic'...you know- like it's attempting to take the 3 big girls in modeling....and i didn't know lara stone was one of them.... i dont follow the careers of models very closely and as a relative outsider to that world, i felt that daria and kate were much more recognisable....if not in name (your point is a good one about daria's name) then at least in face.... that's all...
i wasn't questioning lara's right to be there...she is indeed a great model...

Last edited by adorefaith; 17-06-2008 at 07:53 PM.
17-06-2008
rising star

I always love Daria, but the pic where she shows her boob, don't like her expression. It's like she's saying, "ok, here it is. now hurry up and take the pic so i can go back to sleep."

17-06-2008
fashion icon

I'm so buying this issue! I love the cover and the ed is so interesting. Three great models(and more!) plus fantastic designers!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, bruce, daria, july, kate, lara, magazine, moss, stone, weber, werbowy