How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinnn View Post
Feminine Mystique
Photo: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Giovanna Battaglia
Models: Anais Mali, Jasmine Tookes, and Jourdan Dunn
preview:

twitter.com/bat_gio

10-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
I don't understand the overboard hype to be honest, yeah it's Kate Moss but I don't like either cover to be honest. She looks extremely over edited, the review sounds promising though.
I take back some of the stuff I said earlier, I prefer the Kate Moss bad cover and will track it down if I can when it's available. The typography seems so fitting, it's true about her looking aggressively edited but after seeing the editorial it seems intentional. Looks like high dynamic range imaging techniques have been used.

I should be cutting back on buying magazines but when the casting is as good as it is, it's difficult to refuse and it is the March issue after all. The previews of Tim Walker's editorial look sensational, I don't know about anybody else but I personally feel Walker's work is looking greater than ever lately.

10-02-2012
you soft and only

Well both Natalia and Liya had Vogue covers as well.

10-02-2012
barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
I agree... Kate definitely has celebrity status, which is probably the only reason she still gets mag covers (Gisele is similar in that sense... you almost can't consider them model covers any more)

Though she has that celebrity recognition, her image isn't being controlled by handlers, studios etc, so what we see has to be truer to the magazine's vision at least, right?
The images push boundaries a bit more...
That much is true at least, or at least it seems to be.

I guess in the end there is such a wide range of reasons why people complain about the prominence of celebrity covers, whether it be purely out of boredom from seeing the same people, or the banality of the result, or simply feeling like it takes jobs away from models. I just personally find the "models vs. celebs" argument less compelling when the model is, essentially, a celebrity, and is just as prominently featured on and in fashion mags as any A, B, or C lister.

All that said, as different and interesting as the editorial is (kind of out of Klein's comfort zone) Kate does nothing for me. She really never does anymore. She looks lifeless in every shot, her face stuck in the exact same nothing expression. I don't get all of the love.

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:

Bloom Town
Photo: Sharif Hamza
Stylist: Giovanna Battaglia
Models: Emily Baker & Patricia Van Der Vliet

Quote:

Oh, You Pretty Things
Photo: Craig McDean
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Models: Abbey Lee Kershaw, Saskia de Brauw, and Sigrid Agren
Saskia and Abbey

http://rawinformationgroup.blogspot.com/

Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Oh, and who thought of making the ostrich/swan thing red with a black bedazzled beak?!?!
Giles Deacon.

*Style.com

backstage pass

WOW
Now this edit really took me to another demented world...Kate delivers in every shot without even trying. Beyond the obvious reason ex. Kate the Model, The Photog, the clothes and the styling..the set is really interesting to me. The 1st shot where it seems as if she's in an old decayed restroom of an asylum...EPIC....The old fashioned antique wheelchair in the the 3rd shot..EPIC..the touches of Foul(birds, swans etc) in the different shots make this edit really memorable. I cant wait to grab this issue...Its jammed packed with edits featuring great stylist, photogs and of course models...
I really cant wait to view the "Feminine Mystique" edit...

fashion elite

surprise of the month!
epic cover, just epic. No more words for that...

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Magical Thinking
Photo: Tim Walker
Stylist: Jacob K
Models: Asia Chow, Liu Wen, and Xiao Wen Ju
Preview (Asia Chow & Liu Wen)

Facebook/Marilyn Agency NY

10-02-2012
windowshopping

Cover is OK, interestingly styled and edited but I've never been a massive fan of Kate Moss, so not overly excited.
Karmen Pedaru's ed inside sounds much more promising

10-02-2012
trendsetter

The preview of the Feminine Mystique editorial looks so good.

V.I.P.

'Magical Thinking' is going to be so good, I know that it's typical Walker thus far, but at least he's using Asian stunners in place of the same old blondes.

10-02-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

The Bad Kate cover is really incredible and fascinating. There's wrong with the white cover. I really hope I'll get the black one 'cause this issue already looks like a must buy.

scenester

Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
I kind of like what they've done with her, in an odd way and its not a typical Rock Chic attire most magazines tend to style her in, i guess this is typical Steven Klein for you, the whole religious reference, but i do like it.

The only thing thats bugging me are her teeth... i wish her mouth were closed a little more.

I knew i'd get this regardless of whether i liked it or not, purely out of a bias liking for Kate.

ETA : OH WOW! i love the new image posted... she looks kind of possessed! I'm just completely loving this so much! .
Same. Whenever [any] models do that it just really bugs me. It doesn't look as bad in the 'devil' photo however.

10-02-2012
tfs star

Magical Thinking is insanely beautiful. Jacob K is too good. This is one hell of an issue.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, kate, klein, magazine, march, moss, steven