How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Then adding fuel to the fire we get the likes of Tilda Swinton on the cover, who I think is one of the most overrated actresses working today. I have never understood the hype surrounding her and Tim Walker for that matter.
Girl I cut you.

15-04-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
W just isn't what it once used to be. The entire magazine has went downhill over such a short period of time. Then adding fuel to the fire we get the likes of Tilda Swinton on the cover, who I think is one of the most overrated actresses working today. I have never understood the hype surrounding her and Tim Walker for that matter. The content of this issue doesn't show much promise either. Not even with the presence of Amber Valletta.
I agree on every single word. I miss Raquel too

fashion elite

Quote:
W just isn't what it once used to be. The entire magazine has went downhill over such a short period of time. Then adding fuel to the fire we get the likes of Tilda Swinton on the cover, who I think is one of the most overrated actresses working today. I have never understood the hype surrounding her and Tim Walker for that matter. The content of this issue doesn't show much promise either. Not even with the presence of Amber Valletta.
You should watch Julia. It was a different role for her, and she was pretty amazing in it.

15-04-2013
V.I.P.

There is honestly nothing new with this Tilda and Tim combo. The ethereal like shoot has been done in the past and it's getting boring. I honestly thought the cover was an outtake from her August 2011 shoot. Much worst, a reprint.

Excited to see Amber's ed. by McDean.

front row

omg I loved the previes (specially the ones from Amber's by McDeaned). The Tilda + Walker combination never fails to amaze me, and I'm sure that this isn't gonna be an exception. I have so many hopes for this issue

backstage pass

I feel like it's always the same people criticizing over and over how bad W has become since they changed this and that... maybe you guys should just live attached to memories and move on to another magazine, instead of repeating the same arguments every month.

As for this cover I do agree something different should be done with Tilda, and it does look like a reprint from her last cover but as I didn't get that one I will probably buy this one. I like it better and the content sounds good, especially for a month like may.

Is Tilda overrated in the US and Europe? I'm new to that...

fashion insider

Ethereal, weird, quirky Tilda. Great but yaaawn. I've seen it all before.
Tilda herself is pretty hit-or-miss as an artistic personality, she has the ability to go from spectacular to pretentious in no time.

Last edited by Morphe; 15-04-2013 at 09:05 PM.
16-04-2013
trendsetter

I could have screamed when I saw the thread title. I love Tilda, I love Tim, together magic happens. And this cover is no less true.

16-04-2013
Mag Master

HQ Cover

via glossynewsstand

16-04-2013
you soft and only

I hate it even more than I did in the preview!

16-04-2013
Mag Master

i actually also thought this is a reprint at first sight
so it's not, but i think it's still boring

Quote:
... I think is one of the most overrated actresses working today. I have never understood the hype surrounding her and Tim Walker .....
i see what you want to say, but i would distinguish between her celeb image, wich often annoys me in all its weirdness and otherness and her as an actress.
she is one of the best we have out there, imo along with such great others like Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Judi Dench etc.

16-04-2013
MON
V.I.P.

It`s beautiful but I`m getting tired of the concept

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
I hate it even more than I did in the preview!
Me too. At least the preview had that blurred, whimsical effect. With the actual contrasts it looks even more pointless.... and ugly I love Tilda but I will have to agree with vogue28 about her being overrated. I have mentioned this before and got similar reactions for saying it when I pointed out that people would just love everything she's in regardless of how ugly it is just because it's "cool" to like her. And everyone disagreed, of course. I don't think Tim Walker is all that overrated. He's great at what he does. It's just that he's completely one-note and he never adapts to the style of the magazines he shoots for and therefore his cover shots usually fall flat even if his full stories tend to be great.
Thanks for the pictures and the review. Can't say I really look forward to seeing anything from this issue.

16-04-2013
fashion icon

Tilda is eaten by the texts. I don't like this magazine (covers) at all. I only like the colours here but the concept is getting boring.

16-04-2013
tfs star

It's the same photo he does all the time, different subject, same angle and concept. And the colors chosen for the text are just plain awful.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, magazine, swinton, tilda, tim, walker