How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-02-2007
backstage pass

W March 2007: Ellen Degeneres by Michael Thompson
I saw a glimpse of the cover on Extra. I don't know what the hell they're thinking. The only American magazine we can have some hope for a model cover and they choose this, WTF?

05-02-2007
V.I.P.

I like Ellen Degeneres, but this is just weird

MONAJ.NET IS BACK: updated May 19
twitter.com/beyondrecovery
05-02-2007
fashion elite

no........
plz tell me ur actually joking!!!!??!

05-02-2007
go red sox

Interesting . . .

i'm almost ready..

wow....

05-02-2007
The future is stupid

Hmmmmmm...

05-02-2007
fashion icon

No, please no. I was really expecting a model cover. I expect too much, but I CERTAINLY never expected this.

05-02-2007
front row

wow , that's actually really weird
hope they do something great with that , not a boring cover like the sienna miller one , god

05-02-2007
V.I.P.

um... no.
am i the only one who doesn't find ellen funny? she tries too hard. there's no wit or satire at all. they should use amy sedaris instead. she's so cute too.

05-02-2007
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaroqueRockstar
um... no.
am i the only one who doesn't find ellen funny? she tries too hard. there's no wit or satire at all. they should use amy sedaris instead. she's so cute too.
i agree with everything you say

though i do respect ellen's success in the industry. its very hard to become a successful daytime talk show host and she did

05-02-2007
& b

i think its cool. I mean its not entertainment magazine, but she's got some style of her own going on. If there was a W homme, she'd be perfect.

but I dont see why she's wrong for W really.

windowshopping

It's a big fuuuunnnny thing!

05-02-2007
V.I.P.

what a joke this magazine has become...

05-02-2007
front row

Yep, that's none other than funnygal Ellen DeGeneres all glammed up on the cover of W magazine's March issue.

"I know what this magazine is. … It's a fashion magazine. For me to even be asked to be on the cover — it's huge," says Ellen, who did not compromise and wear a dress for the shoot. "I just don't feel comfortable in it."

Inside the mag, the glam girl chats about her upcoming gig as Oscar host, reveals her all-time favourite designers (Jil Sander, Marc Jacobs, Viktor & Rolf and Neil Barrett) and mention the B-word when discussing girlfriend, Portia de Rossi: Baby!

Ellen on whether she enjoys fashion: "I usually wear Jil Sander, or I wear Marc Jacobs, or I wear Viktor & Rolf.... I love Raf Simons, but I didn’t know he was even doing the [Jil Sander] collection. I like Neil Barrett. I love clothes, so when I wear clothes, they’re usually somebody’s. You know, I’m not wearing Kmart."

Ellen on the public's perception of her style: "Whenever Portia and I are on the red carpet, they’re yelling out for her to tell them what she’s wearing. But nobody cares [about what I’m wearing] because I have a suit on, even if it’s a Gucci suit. That to me is frustrating, because I put effort into getting ready too. But I guess it’s not as important, and I’m not as dressed up somehow. I also feel myself more of a person than a gender. When people show me clothing that seems very, very feminine, it’s hard for me to embrace that, because it just doesn’t feel like me.... It was fun [for the shoot] having somebody do that to my hair, and do that makeup. But would I want to do that every single day? No."

Ellen on what she will to the Oscars: "Everybody’s sending me stuff. Gucci sent me this amazing package with all kinds of different designs and different fabrics, in a beautiful box with my name engraved in gold plate. I picked some fabrics, and they’re making me something. Zac Posen made me a gorgeous tuxedo. Viktor & Rolf is making me something.... I wasn’t planning on changing because it’s just different suits, but I may do it, because I’d like to thank them all for making me stuff, for wanting to do that."

Ellen on Kathy Griffin: "Very mean.... I know she had a big thing about wanting to be on the show, and we didn’t book her. She did a whole thing that I banned her from the show. I didn’t ban her from the show, because first you have to be on the show to be banned."

Ellen on Sarah Silverman: "I think she’s hilarious. I think she’s raunchy as can be, not my kind of comedy, but I think she’s brilliant. Smart counts for a whole lot to me."

Ellen on Borat: "Sacha? I think Sacha [Baron Cohen], again, is brilliant. He’s a friend of mine. I think he’s hilarious. I haven’t seen Borat, so I can’t really speak [about it] yet. I don’t like bathroom humor and I know that there’s some pretty gross stuff in there. But some of the stuff he does is hilarious—as long as everybody is clear on the fact that he’s pointing out how scary a lot of people are."

05-02-2007
V.I.P.

I don't like the cover but it's a refreshing cover choice for me, I admire Ellen greatly.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, degeneres, ellen, march, michael, thompson