How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2013
backstage pass

Viktoriya overall this is issue is fantastic, i love all the editorials, the worst is the one with Marte mei and Maria Bradley

15-02-2013
fashion elite

Only Kate's cover was available at my local stand, really wanted Natalia's.
The quality of the cover/back paper was odd. Feels mildly like coarse sandpaper.

15-02-2013
front row

Haven't been this enthusiastic about buying a fashion mag in a VERY long time! All-around excellent stories, it shows immediately that a great effort has been made - keep it up W!

15-02-2013
Mr. Zhivago

I received Lara's cover; it doesn't fold out to the other covers. All three photos (Kate, Lara, Natalia) are featured in the magazine right before East of Eden. re TomFordforGucci, the paper on my issue (subscriber's) was slick and slighty matte like all my previous issues are. I know newstand issues sometimes vary with their paper quality

There is a feature called Black Power Dressing about Ebony magazine in the sixties and seventies despite any fashion editorials in this W issue featuring a black model.

Last edited by t-rex; 15-02-2013 at 01:19 PM.
15-02-2013
V.I.P.

Brillant issue, W is getting better about the content, i enjoyed all the eds, amazing than Meisel have an ed of this issue & increible work with Stella+Meisel+MA.

V.I.P.

The standouts here are the M&M, Sorrenti and McDean editorials. Other than that everything is kind of mundane. Regardless, those three stories are worth getting this issue alone.

18-02-2013
backstage pass

Wow this issue is great. I can't even comment because there's nowhere to start because it's all just so fantastic. I'll be picking this one up for sure! Hopefully Lara's cover.

fashion insider

OMG Viktoriya! <3 Superb issue! She was the cherry on top.

19-02-2013
fashion insider

What an excellent issue this is, it's not even worth comparing to VOGUE, they did all the trend editorials to a T! The casting for each editorial is so accurate!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Cyruss View Post
Rave New World
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Models: Aymeline Valade, Doutzen Kroes, Nadia Bender & Caroline Brasch Nielsen
Styling: Panos Yiapanis
Hair: Recine
Make-Up: Aaron De Mey
Nails: Yuna Park
zinio
One more

jonesbyjones.tumblr.com/

22-02-2013
front row

Saw this in person tonight and honestly the quality of the paper for the cover is what deterred me from buying it. It's an odd, rough, matte paper that completely dulls down what is obviously (after seeing it online and inside the magazine) a rich, saturated photo. Disappointed.

25-02-2013
V.I.P.

It is much more of a stronger matte finish than Acne paper; despite it not really suiting the pictures, I still like how it gives the blacks and darker tones, and the overall cover, a painterly quality. I'm not really into the cover images but if I had to choose one it would be Natalia's, which I can't seem to find anywhere.

Last edited by Mchunu; 25-02-2013 at 10:17 PM.
25-02-2013
trendsetter

Extremely disappointing, in terms of content and visuals, and it's misleading to put Kate/Natalia/Lara looking stunning on the covers, when they do not appear in the issue without counting the fact that the Asian theme of the cover has nothing to do with the editorials featured.

front row

Got my copy earlier this week, was surprised by the poor quality of the paper for the cover, I know it's something picky. Not surprised that Kate's cover got imported here with her unquestionably being the more popular model. Will at some point in the future try to get the other two covers. Would probably say this is the best spring fashion issue currently out there along with VI's March issue. But is it slightly wrong that I was expecting even better inside? Some good editorials nonetheless.

10-03-2013
V.I.P.

Noticed this straightaway when I was out for magazines a few days ago. Although, after a quick leaf through the issue, I wasn't even close to being tempted to make a purchase - even with Kate Moss on the front. For some reason the printing alignment was off and the spine was crooked, making the issue awkward to navigate. I did admire the feel of the matt-finished cover, it felt celebratory and complimented the vivid cover shot. But I'll spend the £5 elsewhere, I'm certain.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, kate, lara, march, marcus, mert, moss, natalia, stone, vodianova