How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2012
Hell on Heels

Mia and Keira's are the best. Rooney and Scarlett look VERY bad, esp. scarlett, the makeup everything look terribly amateurish.

13-10-2012
windowshopping

Keira's cover is a great surprise! Not thrilled about the others, though. Also, I'm not too sure how I feel about the format being even bigger than usual when it was already larger than every other magazine.

13-10-2012
fashion icon

I like Scarlett's the best. The rest of them are ugly.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

I love Keira here. She looks great. Scarlett's made for a strong image too, but if I had choice on the newsstand it would be Keira.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

I read somewhere that the idea for the covers was that the actresses would look completely different than their normal self.....they succeeded! Really like these covers. The only exception is Scarlett's, she looks a bit too much like Lily Munster (and not in a good way).

V.I.P.

I honestly expected more when I saw the tittle. I love all the ladies, but the covers are a bit too overworked and plastic, I wish they had chosen something more natural. I do like the decades styling though, can't wait for the editorial.

V.I.P.

^really? I was relieved I could actually see Keira's pores. She looks harsh btw, not my favourite cover.

13-10-2012
clever ain't wise

^totally agree with that. These covers are the opposite of photoshop exercises. The idealization has, instead, taken place through lighting, make-up etc....and, as so often, the result is far better than the computational approach.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

^^ Oh no but I was talking exactly about the make-up, not photoshop.

V.I.P.

Keira brought some serious intensity. Love her cover the most.

BTW, are Scarlett's and Mia's covers foldouts?

front row

Just to make a few things clear about this issue:

--The mag was printed in a larger format similar to what Muse mag did with the Candice Swanepoel issue.

--All four covers are printed individually BUT....when you purchase the cover, the other three covers are added as a foldout inside. So no need for four separate purchases.

--There are no other pictures in the Steven Klein edit. All four pictures on the cover is the entire edit.

--The main editorial by Michael Thompson is 16 pages and features the following models (in order): Kati Nescher & Aymeline Valade, Anja Rubik, Saskia de Brauw, Candice Swanepoel & Caroline Trentini, Fei Fei Sun & Liu Wen, Jourdan Dunn, Sigird Agren & Karmen Pedaru, Karen Elson, Karlie Kloss, Daria Strokous & Iselin Steiro, Natasha Poly, Lindsey Wison & Daphne Groeneveld, Candice Huffine, Isabeli Fontana, Jamie Bochert & Meghan Collison AND lastly......Joan Smalls.

When in doubt, wear red.

Great covers !! Keira looks the best IMO but Mia and Rooney are really working their looks as well. Not completely convinced by Scarlett though.

I'm really disappointed the girls don't have real eds inside. I was looking forward to either a single story for each them or at least a multi-girl one.

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroqjock View Post
Just to make a few things clear about this issue:

--The mag was printed in a larger format similar to what Muse mag did with the Candice Swanepoel issue.

--All four covers are printed individually BUT....when you purchase the cover, the other three covers are added as a foldout inside. So no need for four separate purchases.

--There are no other pictures in the Steven Klein edit. All four pictures on the cover is the entire edit.

--The main editorial by Michael Thompson is 16 pages and features the following models (in order): Kati Nescher & Aymeline Valade, Anja Rubik, Saskia de Brauw, Candice Swanepoel & Caroline Trentini, Fei Fei Sun & Liu Wen, Jourdan Dunn, Sigird Agren & Karmen Pedaru, Karen Elson, Karlie Kloss, Daria Strokous & Iselin Steiro, Natasha Poly, Lindsey Wison & Daphne Groeneveld, Candice Huffine, Isabeli Fontana, Jamie Bochert & Meghan Collison AND lastly......Joan Smalls.
That doesn't sound that good....but on the other hand I could buy one of those covers and frame it.

13-10-2012
Mr. Zhivago

Thanks kroqjock. Is Michael Thompson's the only editorial?

13-10-2012
front row

@t-rex and iluvjeisa: There is a massive 27-page edit featuring portraits of nearly every designer and creative director and another edit featuring a few select unpublished photos from various photogs called "Unpublished".

As for the covers, they are printed on a thin, matte-styled material that makes it sorta rubbery.

Last edited by kroqjock; 13-10-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, keira, klein, mia, november, rooney, scarlett, steven