How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2011
clo
V.I.P.

I couldn't care less for Kristen Stewart. She is indeed overly photoshopped but that's fine by me. Knowing that Amber Valletta is in this issue by Steven Klein is good enough for me!

13-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
I don't really get all of the "she barely looks like herself" comments. I think she absolutely does look like herself, albeit a M&M photoshop-heavy version of herself. Maybe I'm in the minority, or maybe I've just always been able to separate her from Twilight, but I've always found her to be quite beautiful. It's that awkward thing she seems to default to at events that makes it harder to see, but she's actually got really striking features (like her eyes, which are on display beautifully here).
I agree.

13-08-2011
V.I.P.

If the title didn't said it's Kristen, I would swear it's Lindsay Lohan.

13-08-2011
front row

ugh i cant roll my eyes enough at this

im suffering from extreme twilight fatigue, hasn't she graced enough covers?? i cant think of a single american fashion magazine that she hasnt been on the cover of. i will grudgingly admit she doesn't look bad here, but im sure the interview will be back to typical stewart business as usual- complaining, i'm above all of this but wait i really do care! attitude nonsense. yuck

13-08-2011
tfs star

Great photoshop and one of the few times Kristen doesn't have a completely dead expression on.

13-08-2011
boop

I find it weird every time people cry photoshop over a Mert & Marcus image, that is like complaining that a Terry Richardson picture is over-utilizing flash. At this point really, who even cares - everything is photoshopped at least they manage to make their subjects look good and making someone like Kristen Stewart look good - this good - is a feat. Which is not to say that she isn't a pretty girl, on the contrary she is, but she is the kind of girl next door pretty that borders on awkward. In these images she looks like a little vixen, or as close to a vixen as she can get.

To be completely honest I don't necessarily care that she looks nothing like this in real life - in fact I'm happy they took her as far from her comfort zone of bad posture and ratty Converses as humanly possible. If were going to have celebrity covers (and we are going to have them - there is no end in sight, no matter how many collective cries of anguish emit from tFS) I would rather have something like this, than some of the other stuff we've seen from the W reboot.

14-08-2011
V.I.P.

Great cover, really good image, and i dont think its just heavy M&M photo shopped, but also different make-up than what we are used to on her, that makes her look different.

I dont mind, it looks fantastic, however the text on it, not one thing written looks interesting to me!

14-08-2011
trendsetter

The cover is great, but I really wish it was somebody else.

V.I.P.

I don't care if it doesn't look like her. On my magazines I want to see fantasy! Transformation! I think it's gorgeous.

If I want pedestrian, I can get that on the bus every morning.

14-08-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyisle View Post
I don't care if it doesn't look like her. On my magazines I want to see fantasy! Transformation! I think it's gorgeous.

I agree and, honestly, I think most of this thread agrees as well. Who wants to see boring old K-Stew? I actually really like her, and outside of the Twilight movies, she's been quite a good actress, but I've seen alot of her on magazine covers and this is very different for her. The Interview cover was different, too, but I prefer this. It's more glamorous and, I feel, more of a transformation.

Can't wait for a review.

windowshopping

Great cover, and yes, they use photoshop a bit.

It should be expected these days.

front row

i actually really love the cover! so different from what we usually see from kristen. 10879439 times better than vogues cover of her. she looks radiant!

15-08-2011
V.I.P.

i really like this cover. very refreshing image of Kristen... love sixtie atmosphere...

15-08-2011
front row

I really love this cover. She looks like a 60's siren!

fashion elite

Why are we so accepting of Photoshopping beautiful young women, going on to actually praise it? It makes me so, so, so, so sad.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, alas, kristen, marcus, mert, piggott, september, stewart