How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-08-2012
fashion insider

^ so true
this issue is a must have everything is amazing

16-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
Dame of Thrones is OUTSTANDING!!!
ITA! forget linda how did kristen not bag the cover and i agree with Marc10 they are museum worthy

16-08-2012
she's got the look

Very well-packaged issue I really like each editorial. W has been so consistent when it comes to producing great content. I always look foward seeing it every month.
I also love the fact that they've been following McCarthy's edition and changing the layout of the editorials' titles. It gives me the impression they're working harder.
Living large is also a highlight. I could expect seeing it in W circa 2008 (with Meghan as well), which is a good thing, I guess.

backstage pass

Dame of Thones - speechless. It's magical. I want every photo ripped out and put above my bed, I just cant explain my love for these photographs. The only thing i wish had not happened was the text to be shown on the last image. If that was not there, that shot would be visually exquisite

clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzer View Post
I think she looks so like Gia on the cover, especially the facial expression!
It's more American Vogue ca 1986, when they had started to use the torso shots again. And as for the similarity to Gia...noo...Penelope does not look quite as uncomfortable and desperate as Gia.

This issue looks really solid.

16-08-2012
V.I.P.

Wow, honestly, I am totally impressed with this issue. The content is flawless! I am especially in awe with Spellbound and Dame of Thrones.

Meisel's editorial definitely offers something new, 'no? Fantastic photography and styling. It reminds me actually of What Lies Beneath from LOVE F/W 2011 by M&M with a little touch of Tim Walker's photography. Such a shame for me though cause Meghan is the only model that I know in the cast.

Living Large looks like a vintage M&M work. Something from the POP days with Katie Grand. And because of this spread, I am starting to like Saskia de Brauw.

Dame of Thrones, well, it's simply breathtaking. Kristen is magical in each shots. She nailed it.

And is it just me or does the typography has changed? It feels like the old W again! Can't wait to get this issue on my hands.

backstage pass

Seriously guys if you haven't bought this issue, Go and get it!!! It's like fashion orgasm after fashion orgasm. Masterful work and truly is reflective of what a September issue should look like. Edward Enningful is a creative genius. You can see that he has learned from the great Grace Coddington and is now curating dreamy/gorgeous/lustful editorials. My dream is for him to return to Vogue one day as EIC!

16-08-2012
V.I.P.

Created a wallpaper from Dame of Thrones and thought I'd share with you guys.

16-08-2012
backstage pass

I am in awe! Every single ed is splendid! Kudos to W! I'm finally buying a issue under Tonchi belt!

17-08-2012
V.I.P.

YES YES YESSS!!!!!!!!

omg. seriously -- between Linda and Kristen!? this issue is a MUST-BUY. there's just no way that a true fashion lover could skip out on this one. it's literally stunning!

Tim Walker is one of the most creative and inventive photographers working in fashion right now. he is brilliant. the tone of this editorial couldn't be more perfect and Kristen is totally in her element in this kind of editorial. i feel like the model needed to be able to have presence and charisma overload to carry this editorial. and she should also be able to look a bit odd and rugged and, truly, unpretty. Kristen is able to do that easily. the fanboy in me really is envious of Kristen and wishes that Karolina had've been cast instead. i think, due to her unique features and the fact that she's so often styled as a sexbomb, she could've made a really interesting choice. but, alas - tis just envy speaking. Kristen is wooooorking it here. schooling all the youngins on how it's done. her and La Linda both!

Last edited by happycanadian; 17-08-2012 at 12:25 AM.
17-08-2012
tfs star

Preview of:

Quote:
"Power Play"
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Styling: Giovanna Battaglia
Models: Zuzanna Bijoch, Ophelie Rupp, Marie Piovesan

my snaps

17-08-2012
V.I.P.

it´s unbelievable how great-looking is everything what Kristen McMenamy do in front of camera... Of course, credits go to Walker´s vision as well but she is flawless...

17-08-2012
Mr. Zhivago

Kristen always looks at her best with short hair. Wish there were more shots on the moss-covered rocks!

17-08-2012
front row

nice.

backstage pass

Nepenthes - thanks thats just divine!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alas, cruz, marcus, mert, penelope, piggott, september