What Magazines Have You Bought / Received Recently? #1 - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-04-2004
front row

FHM Collections for Spring and Arena Homme + (or as my brother would call it: "25-page catalogue") also for Spring.

19-04-2004
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 18th, 2004 - 10:19 pm
The spring issue of selfservice was a little boring to me. Scott, space, anyone else...what did you think?

I haven't seen it yet,Chicks*? Is it even worth buying? Seeing it beforehand is the only problem with ordering off the web...and they haven't updated their site in ages.

19-04-2004
backstage pass

The new issue of Cargo magazine... (men's version of lucky)

19-04-2004
slightly dizzy

I pick up L'Uomo Vogue sometimes if I have to wait for the bus more than 5 minutes. I don't really read fashion mags...

19-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 18th, 2004 - 9:19 pm

The spring issue of selfservice was a little boring to me. Scott, space, anyone else...what did you think?

And I agree that the spring issue of Another is very good. Except for the cover. Kate Moss really needs a break right now.
I ahvent seen self service yet.

I'ms o sick of kate moss, althought ed in another was pritty cool, i don't care if she is a sledged or whatever she is not that great

Crash is very cool

I-D is always good to i think

19-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu+Apr 19th, 2004 - 3:19 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Apr 19th, 2004 - 3:19 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Apr 18th, 2004 - 9:19 pm

And I agree that the spring issue of Another is very good. Except for the cover. Kate Moss really needs a break right now.
I ahvent seen self service yet.

I'ms o sick of kate moss, althought ed in another was pritty cool, i don't care if she is a sledged or whatever she is not that great

Crash is very cool

I-D is always good to i think [/b][/quote]
The Gaultier coat Kate is wearing in the i-D editorial is SEXYNESS...

19-04-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

us vogue and glamour subscribed.Us vogue usually has interesting stuff to read and some fashion whereas other vogues have only fashion and very little more so you only get to look thru once. Glamour is mainly meant for females but can be quirky at times

19-04-2004
Heated

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Apr 19th, 2004 - 4:05 pm
I haven't seen it yet,Chicks*? Is it even worth buying? Seeing it beforehand is the only problem with ordering off the web...and they haven't updated their site in ages.
It's just ok. I flipped through it at work and didn't like it enough to actually buy it myself on the newsstand. The cover is a blurred image of Isabeli with bronze foil text.

Inside, there is a HUGE segment of those polaroids they did in the fall issue. You know, Parisian hotshots or whatever. I enjoyed it last time because the people were actually interesting. But this time around the section is twice as long and much less entertaining!

There is an pretty good editorial with Hannelore and a great one with Madeleine Blomberg styled by Suzanne Koller. But the rest doesn't stick out enough for me to remember it.

If I were you, I'd definitely check it out before purchasing it.

19-04-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

no more kate 4 me aGAIN

19-04-2004
desire, undefined

Actually I bought Another Magazine though it has been some time it came out. Well, since it's biannual I don't rush out to get. But I must admit I love this magazine. It's a piece of art and there're so many interesting articles as well. My favourite magazine for sure ...

19-04-2004
desire, undefined

Forgot ... I bought DANSK too. Biannual as well. Very interesting magazine, I will strongly recommend it to all of you ..

20-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Apr 18th, 2004 - 2:19 pm
Another mag this season is amaizng
Another Magazine is always fantastic. I'm a huge Jefferson fan.
This picture is great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kate_moss_hollywood.jpg (29.2 KB, 67 views)

20-04-2004
backstage pass

Lately I have bought:
Vogue Australia May - This mag's not too cutting-edge but I'm in a bit of a habit of buying it. There's been a few good Gemma eds lately too. This month's has a fairly good hair special but was somewhat lacking in the fashion department.
Cover features Australian model Annika from Chic Model Management.

Yen (Australian publication) - I really like this magazine. The articles are interesting and informing and the art features are great. The editor (Jess) is fantastic too.
Cover - model wears sass and bide dress:

Another Magazine with Kate - stand-out yet again. Tilda Swinton, Samantha Morton and Liv Tyler talk about the performances that inspire them. Editorials featuring Kate, Karon Elson, Maria Carla, Lily Cole, Jessica Miller, Marija, Polina, zuzanna, natasa V and Hana plus a suprisingly touching story about Ethiopia's running culture. Centerfold by Viktor and Rolf. A Terry Richarson ed (need I say more, they are always typically Terry). Another Document features ZZ Packer among others.
Cover - Kate photographed by Craig McDean wearing Dolce and Gabanna.

I've also bought the Cate Blanchet issue of UK Vogue. The Daria ed well and truly won me over.
The April edition of Harper's Bazaar Australia and the Galliano/Gisele issue of The Face.
Am I the only one who thinks V magazine is great? I think it's the large size that makes me love it.

20-04-2004
V.I.P.

Where do you guys find all these magazines? I've never seen like half of them before. Other than maybe Indigo I really don't know where to go...

20-04-2004
trendsetter

Harper's Bazaar, InStyle, People, US Vogue

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, bought, magazines, received, recently