How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2013
fashion icon

^Taylor was also on Marie Claire UK in November. But still, I'm kinda surprised she hasn't had more covers in the UK. But maybe that's because she's on pretty much everything here in the states so I expected it to be the same elsewhere.

08-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
(at least, MulletProof can enjoy it much more since Miss Swift uses her thumbs right and I had to compensate this terrible loss for my eyes with a second round of google images to have a closer look at this area of her face that usually carries enough magic to destroy an entire image ).
not to overscrutinize but after being bombarded with her image (bless your life in France, I have a feeling you guys can still lead a dignified, Disney-free life), I get super anxious with the distance between her nostrils and lips and how it looks overstretched all the way to the eyebrows and down to her teeth, like she got botox.. to the point you get the impression she looks like a model at first glance, let your guard down (being shallow like I am), and then bam, the lemon effect. I sound ridiculous but it's one of those few public figure bodies I have a problem with.

Please don't waste your time on youtube, her music.. doesn't exist. Something about some boy and some guitar chords. I think the only reason the fashion world has embraced her is because it's almost politically incorrect to be this corny, so there's ~rebellion~ happening.

Last edited by MulletProof; 08-04-2013 at 11:21 AM.
08-04-2013
V.I.P.

bored of seeing her and this magazine isnt much better either

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

nice cover and ed..she looks like a model thre

09-04-2013
Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
not to overscrutinize but after being bombarded with her image (bless your life in France, I have a feeling you guys can still lead a dignified, Disney-free life), I get super anxious with the distance between her nostrils and lips and how it looks overstretched all the way to the eyebrows and down to her teeth, like she got botox.. to the point you get the impression she looks like a model at first glance, let your guard down (being shallow like I am), and then bam, the lemon effect. I sound ridiculous but it's one of those few public figure bodies I have a problem with.
Weird right? But it happens to me a lot of times, actually. It's not rare a certain combination of features, a mole, the shape of an eyebrow can be very disturbing... though, in most cases, it's in a very positive way. I often talk about this as charm but now I think you've just theorized the "uncharm" or "anticharm" (grabbing my phone to call Mariemaud who absolutely needs to hear of this).

Quote:
Please don't waste your time on youtube, her music.. doesn't exist. Something about some boy and some guitar chords. I think the only reason the fashion world has embraced her is because it's almost politically incorrect to be this corny, so there's ~rebellion~ happening.
You don't have to worry, I'm not going to waste more time than I already do. Especially after reading this in the first post:

Quote:
how relationships are like traffic lights
A few years ago, I would have given that sentence a very personal meaning but I guess Taylor's is very far from mine (). And, the cheesemakers, supermarket minstrels and other soup retailers from the Old World are still delightfully superannuated enough to compare love to rainbows and violins in their songs instead of traffic lights (traffic jam might be a better option in some cases...).

So, after gracing the cover of Wonderland, is Miss Swift slowly preparing the next step in her career as the face of Chevrolet?

09-04-2013
rising star

Fashion Editor: Julia Sarr-Jamois

wonderlandmagazine.com

V.I.P.

Quote:
Wonderland April / May 2013
Photographer: Jeff Hahn
Hair Stylist: Charlie Le Mindu
Makeup Artist: Lucy Bridge
Set Designer: Thomas Petherick
Manicurist: Michelle Humphries
Models: Nadja Giramata, Jess Gold, Natasha Ramachandran & Meng Huang

models.com

09-04-2013
V.I.P.

^ first girl looks gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny609 View Post
Weird right? But it happens to me a lot of times, actually. It's not rare a certain combination of features, a mole, the shape of an eyebrow can be very disturbing... though, in most cases, it's in a very positive way. I often talk about this as charm but now I think you've just theorized the "uncharm" or "anticharm" (grabbing my phone to call Mariemaud who absolutely needs to hear of this).
That charm effects works hand in hand to our own perceptions, right?
I used to talk about this with a friend, about how we all belong to a certain 'group'/family of faces, you know, types that resemble each other even in behavior, so pretty often you end up disliking someone upon first glance, without a real basis (say, a combination of features you've never had a good experience with), and turns out, that person does carry personality traits that you specifically disliked already. I think Taylor's face just rubs me the wrong way for something like that.

And of course those lines you mention. Past 20, you know relationships are either traffic jam.. bumper to bumper (hah!), or a lonely rural road to hell where the only light is your own (her career would skyrocket with just about enough Bukowski ).

(say hi to Maud for me!)

Mr. Magic

Ph: David Schulze
Styling: Anthony Unwin / Atelier Management
Hair: Rudi Martins
Makeup: Hung Vannago
Model: Ruby Aldridge / Next

ateliermanagement.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

10-04-2013
Mr. Magic

'GOOD GIRL GONE BAD'
Ph: Mark Kean
Styling:
Julia Sarr-Jamois

'TALK TO THE HAND'
Ph: Dancian
Styling:
Julia Sarr-Jamois

clmuk.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

i really like ruby's editorial!

Zenga Zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
That charm effects works hand in hand to our own perceptions, right?
I used to talk about this with a friend, about how we all belong to a certain 'group'/family of faces, you know, types that resemble each other even in behavior, so pretty often you end up disliking someone upon first glance, without a real basis (say, a combination of features you've never had a good experience with), and turns out, that person does carry personality traits that you specifically disliked already. I think Taylor's face just rubs me the wrong way for something like that.

And of course those lines you mention. Past 20, you know relationships are either traffic jam.. bumper to bumper (hah!), or a lonely rural road to hell where the only light is your own (her career would skyrocket with just about enough Bukowski ).
Not only they (the charm effect and my own more or less misleading perceptions) work hand in hand but I think I'd have a bloody hard time trying to separate them. And I'm very familiar with what you describe next, I've never been able to tell if it was purely the features or a certain expression on such faces (possibly combined with a certain type of features) that were responsible of the unpleasant impression. And, agreeing again, oddly enough it often turns out to be right...

I guess the Great Charles would give her a career boost but his version of traffic lights (and all kind of dirts, bums, random trash, empty cans, rusty bones and whatever else you may add to the list) would remain more tasty no matter how she turns it with her guitar gigs.

Then, agreeing again (the next one calling me a naysayer definitely has a big issue somewhere ), Nadja Giramata in the beauty ed is just awesome. And the composition of the picture is all I love, remembering this nutty idea of drawing an entire human body on an A4 sheet. Ruby's editorial is alright though not exciting while 'Talk to the Hand' could have given more room to the talented Maria Loks.

Last edited by penny609; 11-04-2013 at 05:30 AM.
11-04-2013
V.I.P.

There are two covers, there's one with her pulling a shocked face with a phone to her ear too.

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

Was ready to hate the cover, but its actually pretty cool.

V.I.P.

"Feel the Glow"
Photographer: Pietro Birindelli
Beauty Editor: Kelly Cornwell
Model: Steffi Soede

Source: Facebook/NewYorkModelManagement

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, april, swift, taylor, tung, walsh, wonderland