How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-04-2013
Mr. Magic

Wonderland April / May 2013 : Taylor Swift by Tung Walsh
Quote:
&% #@! You heard: Wonderland is a little hot around the collar, and we ain’t exactly whispering about it. Neither’s the bold, brash beautiful talent that pepper our Outspoken issue this summer. It’s all about having an opinion and not being afraid to holla it, and the top of your lungs.
Take it from cover girl Taylor Swift, who talks candidly about her gripes with the press, her global, chart-topping run as country pop girl to be, and, well, how relationships are like traffic lights.
Then there’s the furious, formidable R&B talent JoJo, who explains – in her own terms, of course – how to stay strong, despite everything. Fluoro-haired rap queen Gita gets real with us about bass-poppin’ collaborations with the likes of Mark Ronson and Venus X, Kanye protégé Big Sean advises on how to freestyle your way into a major record contract, and outer limits, grenade-wielding indie overlord Wayne Coyne takes us through Flaming Lips’ newest existentialist masterpiece, The Terror.
And if this doesn’t fill your swear jar, feast your eyes on a champagne-soaked karaoke session with the best new bands going, and a Brit Encounter of the Thespian Kind: we pin down a horde of edgy, talented newcomers to the British acting scene. We chat to cinema’s truest enfant terrible Harmony Korine about his newest nightmare, Spring Breakers, and curtain-haired alt. country strummer Kurt Vile explains why he no longer has anything to prove.
We may be feeling a li’l rough and ready this summer, but it doesn’t mean we’re not as generous as ever. For a chance to win a pair of tickets* to taste-making Croatian music festivals Outlook (August 29) or Dimensions (September 5), post a photo of yourself throwing the Taylor “hearts” pose, as seen on our cover. Send photos to hearttoheart@wonderlandmagazine.com (or tweet @wonderlandmag) by April 22, stating which festival you’d like to attend in the subject header. Make ‘em good – the best photos will go up on our Facebook page and the ones with the most number of likes will win. Good luck!
The Outspoken issue comes out on Tuesday 9th April at WH Smith and all good newsstands. Subscribe here.
wonderlandmagazine.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

07-04-2013
fashion insider

Fully expected to dislike the cover but I LOVE this. The colours are great, looks like Teller?

fashion icon

I'm actually kinda surprised that no other magazine has shot Taylor making her 'hearts' sign for a cover before. It's quite clever of Wonderland to do so. The 'hearts' sign gives the cover an interesting depth of perception and makes it more interesting to look at then if she was just posing like the way magazines normally shoot cover-stars.

V.I.P.

I really like this, she looks like herself.

08-04-2013
V.I.P.

Metro.co.uk

Shot by Tung Walsh.

08-04-2013
V.I.P.

Oooh, that's such a cute over! Definitely looks like something by Juergen.

V.I.P.

I love the simple hair and light makeup. She looks radiant and her own age.

08-04-2013
V.I.P.

She's covering with her thumbs the part that kills most of her pictures for me, so nice one, Tung.. love this.

I don't know

^haha, I agree

I'm loving this way more than I thought I would. She's been on way too many magazine covers lately but at least this is at least a very appealing one.

08-04-2013
V.I.P.

The Sun.co.uk

08-04-2013
fashion icon

What could she possibly have to say in this interview that she hasn't said in the other zillion cover stories she's done in the past few months?

08-04-2013
front row

As if she couldn't get more overexposed....

It's cute but she always looks like this.

08-04-2013
.my prison is your brain.

We've seen enough of her. We've seen enough of that heart pose. And we've really seen enough of her doing that heart pose.

08-04-2013
Zenga Zenga

I can't recall using google as much as when looking at who's on magazines these days. I might be the last ignorant living in his ivory tower (or on a beautifully cursed island) but had no idea who was Taylor Swift even if her name was bloody familiar. So, okay, she sings but from what I read, I'm not as much in a rush to type her name on youtube's searching engine. The thing is, when I put my impressions next to the cover itself and realise the main character doesn't matter much at all in such cases, I'm a bit lost with mixed feelings. I do like the colors, composition, atmosphere despite there is nothing literally teasing and squeezing my brain about pastel colors and "Taylor in the sky with a plastic giraffe". But it lacks something essential, it just could be any late teenager it would feel the same (at least, MulletProof can enjoy it much more since Miss Swift uses her thumbs right and I had to compensate this terrible loss for my eyes with a second round of google images to have a closer look at this area of her face that usually carries enough magic to destroy an entire image ).

Last edited by penny609; 08-04-2013 at 08:08 AM.
08-04-2013
V.I.P.

I'm sorry but seriously, here in the UK, she has not be anywhere near as exposed as in the US.

Wonderland is a British magazine and if I'm not mistaken it marks only her third UK cover? Pop, InStyle and now Wonderland?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, april, swift, taylor, tung, walsh, wonderland