How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2008
don't look down

Ah, the price of magazines, I could have talked all day about this, back when I actually still bought them. Because the one thing worse than overpriced magazines is when you don't even get the chance to consider buying them any more, because the stores have closed.

As time as gone on, Belfast has become more multicultural and prosperous, yet the availability of foreign reading matter has diminished in inverse proportion, to the extent that there's really only one store in the city centre - Easons - that carries any decent array of import magazines (the WH Smith tends to stock only US magazines, costing around £3.50-£4.80). The prices are reasonable, but the range is heart-breakingly limited. Gone are the days when you could get German Elle (£4.25) and Spanish Vogue (£4.50).

There are, dotted around the city, Polish food shops that will have a shelf carrying Russian Glamour and Lithuanian Cosmo for around £3, but it's a happy accident to find them, and they're generally on streets where you'd rather not carry money.

On the other hand, if you go to Ireland, and go to Easons in Galway or Dublin, there's a decent range of import mags - but the problem then is the price, because there's added tax to magazines in Ireland. So a Japanese Vogue that would cost you £10 in the UK suddenly leaps to costing around £15.

29-07-2008
windowshopping

Oh my Lord! I feel lucky now! MOST (not all some are more) usually about $5-$16

And Oddly it much cheaper to buy all my international magazines rather then subscribe....

dudeist

I think self service is the most expensive one, it costs 26 euros and Purple fashion is 18 euros. Japanese vogue is very expensive too, something like 14 euros, but I'm not sure since I don't buy it.
The rest have a reasonable price vogue Paris 6 euros, 7.60 vogue Italia, flair is 5.50, numéro 7.70 and i-D is 9.25.
There are no expensive spanish fashion magazines... not as the architecture or design ones. Metal is 4.5 euros, I think vogue españa is around that price as well. And telva is even cheaper.

29-07-2008
V.I.P.

Vogue!!

29-07-2008
backstage pass

Buying Quebecois magazines in English Canada costs more!

29-07-2008
tfs star

Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia here are both over $15.V is about $8 or so.Vogue UK and Harpers UK are both about $10.

31-07-2008
✎...

The most expensive magazine is Self Service, about €33

Purple Fashion - €23

Vogue Paris
- €15
Vogue Italia - €13

i-D - €11
Dazed - €17
Another Mag - €15
Citizen K - €15
A Mag - €20

V Magazine
! one of my fav mags!!! .....It costs about €23.....!!!!!!!!

31-07-2008
fashion insider

OMG 23 with that I can buy a shirt here in mexico hahah

02-08-2008
goodbye kiss

In Brazil, magazines are sooo expensive, including nacional ones. Vogue Brazil costs 14,90 reais - that's about 10 dollars. Vogue US costs 22,95 reais, that's about 15 dollars; Vogue Paris costs 59,90 reais, about 20 dollars. It's an absurd, because Vogue US is $3,99 and Vogue Paris is 4,75 (?) euros. I'm happy that fashion spot exists - but it's not the same thing to buy a magazine, because I can't read the articles and so.

04-08-2008
front row

Vogue Italia is between 3-6 months old when we get it here in New Zealand yet they still want between $50-60 for it. It's ridiculously overpriced, so I can't afford it unfortunately.

I was a magazine store the other day and I noticed that they wanted $140 for some French fashion magazine that was 6 months old. Numero and Vogue Paris costs about $40.

I also have to pay $25 a month each for airfreighted Vogue UK, Elle UK, Dazed & Confused and i-D, $20 for Vogue US and $15 for NYLON.

And $50 each for Another Magazine and Lula, but luckily they don't come out too often or I couldn't afford them.

Magazines in New Zealand are SO expensive and very overpriced!!!

(We don't get Self Service here, but I don't even want to think how much that would cost if we did)!

Last edited by Nouvelle_Vague; 04-08-2008 at 05:49 AM.
07-08-2008
backstage pass

I paid $35 for the July Issue of Vogue Italia.
I live in the middle of nowhere so I don't get a lot of international magazines.

fashion elite

I feel like the most I've ever paid for a magazine is ~$14 for Lula. Then like $9 for Dazed & Confused. And I guess Pop was pretty pricey, too. But these were all imported. For U.S. magazines, I think paying anything over $4.99 is an abomination...

22-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorelle View Post
I paid $35 for the July Issue of Vogue Italia.
I live in the middle of nowhere so I don't get a lot of international magazines.

*gasp* Well it was THE hot issue.

Hmmm...well the most Ive paid is 17$ for Vogue Italia. But hearing about how some people pay 23 for V is insane because here its only 6$

22-10-2008
V.I.P.

oh that's fun someone revived this thread as i wanted to open such a thing.

guys, the prices are going insane ... i guess you all think i am lucky because in france vogue paris and jalouse aren't expensive ... and purple fashion and self service their "normal" price (15€ and 20€ ....) but OMFG when you wanna buy something else ...

first i noticed ArenaHomme+ price has grown up .... from 9.9€ to 12.3€ .... maybe i'm mistaken. but i do think i'm right.
and i always wonder why Vog.Italia always goes from 6 to 7.5€ and then back to 6€ ....
this current issue is 7.5€ .... damn it. i had not enough cash on me ....

anyway. today i was at my local magazines dealers. and wanted to get my dose of magazines. but here is what i realized when i had them all in my hands ....
i would spend ........ about 90€ ..... it's INSANE !!! it's TOTALLY INSANE !!! I used to do that in my teen past. but i've grown up ....... and now have differents other things to buy and spend my money on .... or just have less money ....

so i just bought Interview ....

22-10-2008
V.I.P.

I think Another is the most expensive I've seen.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
country, expensive, magazine