How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
30-12-2008
  76
windowshopping
 
cordie313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 38
For Germany the most expensive (local) publication would be Vogue (€6,- monthly) or Qvest (€6,50 bimonthly). Furthermore there are bi-annual or quaterly publications like ZOO, Sleek or Squint, which are quite costly (€5 to 15,-) - but really worth it.

Imports range from €9,- (elle uk/teen vogue) up to €12,- (vogue paris/italia or dazed); most expensive being bi-annuals like another or pop with €15,-.

Strangely in my home town the italian mags Flair and Velvet are the same price as Vogue German. I would always choose velvet over vogue ;-).

  Reply With Quote
 
31-12-2008
  77
backstage pass
 
Dark Noire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: homme
Posts: 731
For Belgium the most expensive magazine is Self Service, around €20.
We don't have local (important fashion) publications, but Vogue France is €5.5 and Vogue Italia is €10.5!
V Magazine is around €10.5 and W Magazine is around €6.5!
I also buy Paradis Magazine, €10.5!

  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  78
backstage pass
 
Tacita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buenos Aires
Gender: femme
Posts: 725
In Argentina Vogue Italia arrives 3 months late and costs $40, about 10 dollars where I buy them, and sometimes I find old issues for a couple of dollars.
Vogue France costs $100, something like 25 dollars. Vogue Spain is pretty cheap, but I'm not interested in it, I've never seen a Numero, a Dazed and Confused or a V.

  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  79
fashion elite
 
Bertrando3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Madrid
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,875
In France, where I'm from, the most expensive of all has to be Vogue Nippon: between 15€ and 25€ for each issue.

Then all the others are quite cheap:

Citizen K 1€
Upstreet 1€
GQ 3,40€
Vogue Paris 4,90€
Tendencias 5€
Numéro 6€
Vogue Hommes International 6€
L’Officiel Hommes 6€
Vogue US 6€
Vogue Germany 6,50€
Vogue Spain 7€
Vogue Italia 7€
Harper’s Bazaar US 7,50€
Vogue UK 8€
Dazed&Confused, Pop, Another magazine, i-D and V magazine are between 8 and 10€ each
W and Vogue Korea is, if I remember well because I haven’t seen a lot of these, are between 10 and 12€

Where I live and in most part of the cities I’ve been to, we don’t have (or perhaps in some shops in Paris – and I did go to a lot lol) Vogue China, Taiwan, Mexico, Latinoamérica, Brazil, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Turkey or Australia.

Now I live in Spain and there isn't that much of a difference: Vogue Nippon is between 19 and 25€ too. But yeah Vogue Paris is 7 something.

__________________
C 시원한 KOREA high fashion magazine
  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  80
V.I.P.
 
vogue28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Gender: homme
Posts: 16,700
Vogue Nippon's the most expensive here too, retailing at £16.50. Vogue Paris Collections is £24.95. Although that's twice a year.

__________________
.
  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  81
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tbilisi
Gender: homme
Posts: 17,865
I always wonder why Vogue Nippon so expensive, but I think because it's imported from Asia.

For example Magazine Cafe of New York, has "sea" copies of Vogue China for $9.75, they arrive later but the price of "air" copies are so expensive ($34.95) that it becomes worth to wait for 2 months more to pay less. I would love if there was same case with Vogue Nippon, because I want to buy most of the issues and they're so expensive on eBay + shipping...

  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  82
V.I.P.
 
xPedro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,840
Vogue Paris, Vogue Italia: R$ 69,90, about 45 dollars
Vogue Germany: R$ 43,00, about 26 dollars
Vogue UK: R$ 52,00, about 32 dollars
Self Service: R$ 159,90, about 98 dollars

__________________
I'm not mean, I'm factual
  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  83
front row
 
KateIsGr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
I always wonder why Vogue Nippon so expensive, but I think because it's imported from Asia.

For example Magazine Cafe of New York, has "sea" copies of Vogue China for $9.75, they arrive later but the price of "air" copies are so expensive ($34.95) that it becomes worth to wait for 2 months more to pay less. I would love if there was same case with Vogue Nippon, because I want to buy most of the issues and they're so expensive on eBay + shipping...
I have never heard of Magazine Cafe until now and I have fallen in love! Thank you

__________________
Bow down bitches.
  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  84
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tbilisi
Gender: homme
Posts: 17,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPedro View Post
Vogue Paris, Vogue Italia: R$ 69,90, about 45 dollars
Vogue Germany: R$ 43,00, about 26 dollars
Vogue UK: R$ 52,00, about 32 dollars
Self Service: R$ 159,90, about 98 dollars
These prices are really terrible. Almost becomes impossible to buy more than 1 or max 2 magazines in one month if you don't have "free"money.

There's same situation in my country, there're sold only Russian & US Magazines (the last one only in 2 places in whole city and even in country).

US Vogue costs $16, same with US Bazaar, Marie Claire, InStyle, Elle.
But Russian magazines cost less : $6-8 for Vogue, Elle, Bazaar, InStyle, $4-6 for Tatler, Marie Claire, Glamour...

And my country's own fashion magazines (there's only two actually) are sold for $3-4.

  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  85
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,775
foreign fashion magazines are very expensive in germany. we have the highest prices for imported magazines of almost all european countrys.
If we take Vogue Paris for example. The original issue in France costs 5 euros. In germany it's more than the half, 11,50€. all the other countrys like italy or the netherlands have to pay a lot less.
even greece is cheaper (7 €) although it's even more far away .. hello?
but well, we all know... fashion is expensive

__________________
monika jagaciak:. karmen pedaru:. natasha polevshchikova | | ILoveMonikaJagaciak.com
  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  86
®
 
IAmLordZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manila
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,662
Dear me, i get envious when I see other foreign editions of Vogue getting sold on other countries but not here.

Vogue Italia, Nippon, Paris, and all other major magazines are for special order unless otherwise stated. (the price for each special delivery is roughly about PhP 2,000 pesos including shipping although purchases from ebay tend to cost less)

US Vogue retails at PhP 599.00 per issue.
British Vogue @ PhP 695.00
Vogue Australia @ PhP 650.00
Vogue India @ PhP 425.00
US Harper's Bazaar @ PhP 499.00
UK Harper's Bazaar @ PhP 595.00
Harper's Bazaar Australia @ PhP 650.00
i-D @ PhP 599.00 to 699.00
V @ PhP 799.00
POP @ PhP 899.00
AnOther @ PhP 1,195.00
Arena Homme + @ PhP 1,299.00
US GQ, Details @ PhP 425.00
British GQ @ PhP 699.00

Local fashion magazines are in the PhP 150.00 range.

__________________
THE MAGAZINE STAND tumblr

Last edited by IAmLordZen; 28-12-2010 at 03:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  87
V.I.P.
 
Street_a_Licious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vienna
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrando3 View Post
In France, where I'm from, the most expensive of all has to be Vogue Nippon: between 15€ and 25€ for each issue.

Then all the others are quite cheap:

Citizen K 1€
Upstreet 1€
GQ 3,40€
Vogue Paris 4,90€
Tendencias 5€
Numéro 6€
Vogue Hommes International 6€
L’Officiel Hommes 6€
Vogue US 6€
Vogue Germany 6,50€
Vogue Spain 7€
Vogue Italia 7€
Harper’s Bazaar US 7,50€
Vogue UK 8€
Dazed&Confused, Pop, Another magazine, i-D and V magazine are between 8 and 10€ each
W and Vogue Korea is, if I remember well because I haven’t seen a lot of these, are between 10 and 12€

Where I live and in most part of the cities I’ve been to, we don’t have (or perhaps in some shops in Paris – and I did go to a lot lol) Vogue China, Taiwan, Mexico, Latinoamérica, Brazil, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Turkey or Australia.

Now I live in Spain and there isn't that much of a difference: Vogue Nippon is between 19 and 25€ too. But yeah Vogue Paris is 7 something.
wow, you must have shopped at the wrong places...

Vogue Nippon costs 7 Euros at Colette in Paris when i last checked.

now it's even only 6

http://www.colette.fr/#/eshop/articl...-japon-138/40/

which makes it cheaper than buying Vogue Paris in Austria (i think it was about 12 Euros?)

i could subscribe to Vogue Paris via my family in Paris and have them ship it over here and i'd still save money over subscribing directly.

  Reply With Quote
28-12-2010
  88
you soft and only
 
blueorchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,496
Vogue Italia has got to be the most expensive here. It ranges between $28 and like $60 depending on the month. With September and March being the most expensive, obviously.

Most international Vogues (Spain, UK, Australia, India, Paris) are like $10. I think Vogue Russia is $17 and then Vogue Nippon is $20. And of course Vogue US is around $5.

Numero is $14, i-D is $15 and Dazed & Confused is $10.


Last edited by blueorchid; 28-12-2010 at 06:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
29-12-2010
  89
fashion insider
 
CrisGalaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,119
The most expensive here...

Purple Magazine - $30
Vogue Hommes Japan - $30

  Reply With Quote
29-12-2010
  90
tfs star
 
GivenchyHomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,620
Where I'm from in US Dollars:

Vogue Paris $15.95
Vogue Italia $15.95
10 & 10Men $19.95
Vogue UK $9.95
Vogue Paris Collections $39.95
Vogue Nippon $25.00
GQ UK $9.95
Dazed and Confused $9.95

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
country, expensive, magazine
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.