How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2007
V.I.P.

I LOVE IT!.
I don't think the models in particular look frightening, it's the entire scenery what has a very spooky vibe.. seems like it's all taking place at a motel room that just witnessed some murder.. I like that they didn't go for the school or tribal theme that the collection was about and continued with the contrasts of storytelling that they did for the summer campaign.
wonder what Visconti thinks of this...

07-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I LOVE IT!. wonder what Visconti thinks of this...
oh yes that's the one with a very good analysis of every campain??? I loved his analysis last season...

07-07-2007
trendsetter

i quite like anabela's, but i think suvi's expression is a bit vacant (not in the best of ways).

07-07-2007
backstage pass

I normally don't like Suvi but I really love her in this ad.

07-07-2007
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesrules815 View Post
^^How does Anabela look frightened? I don't see that at all! I'll agree that she doesn't look that great, but she just seems to have no expression at all.
I don't know, I can't explain it. She just looks scared to me. Like a deer in the headlights. I get that vibe from all her photoshoots. I can see what you mean about her being blank, maybe its just how her face is and I'm reading it as frightened

07-07-2007
rising star

Boring. And what does this has to do with a wii console?

07-07-2007
VSFS 2009!

I see they've decided to keep the powdered make-up. I really like Suvi's ad There's something so masculine and confident about her posing.

07-07-2007
V.I.P.

Anabela's shot is outstanding!!
Suvi killed this whole campaign for me. Just when I thought she couldn't look more horrid she comes out looking like this.

front row

I like these! The weirdness makes them interesting.

07-07-2007
I'm a hunter

Coco made me love Balenciaga ads.

*sigh

07-07-2007
backstage pass

I like these a lot too: especially the lighting and overall mood. I'm still not entirely sold on the season's collection, but these ads move it closer to something I can appreciate. I have a few thoughts on "the story" behind the photos, but I'm still sorting it out. Maybe some of this makes sense. I don't know the names of the models, but the pics are different enough to keep things clear.

I'm definitely getting the supernatural vibe that others mentioned. On first glance I was thinking "The Shining" and "The Others", but the second photo also brings to mind some newer horror movies where the possessed people are sort of shaken around. Maybe that was in "The Ring". It's also reminding me of a Chris Cunningham-esque vibe. Specifically the stuff he did with Aphex Twin and Portishead.

Are these supposed to be seen together in magazines? Like, a two page spread? If so, maybe the second girl is having a terrified reaction to seeing the first-- sort of like that creepy picture at the end of "The Shining" when you see Jack with the people from the twenties. It may be reading too much into it, but the first girl's picture has nothing that seems "modern", but the second keeps the old decor, but adds in computers and such. Maybe she's seeing her living or dead friend in a photo before their time.

There's also the idea of possession or maybe just models being positioned and twirled around like marionettes at the will of the photographer. But then again, they may have just wanted to show off the shoes.

07-07-2007
the crying of humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
I don't think the models in particular look frightening, it's the entire scenery what has a very spooky vibe.. seems like it's all taking place at a motel room that just witnessed some murder..
Well said; I agree with you.

princely

I really love this, the pose of Suvi is still, like a calm before the storm. Anabela's expression is the same but I do like the pose because of their vacant faces in a traditional room with dim lighting. It really gives an eerie feeling that I enjoy.

Visconti, great analysis I really enjoy them! You seem to pick up things others don't notice and I appreciate that.

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 08-07-2007 at 12:20 AM.
08-07-2007
V.I.P.

^yes!, go Visconti!!.
I loved that analysis too.. you're talking 'only you', aren't you?. or maybe not, but I was redirected to that when you mentioned Chris, it makes much more sense in my head.

barcode

Visconti, you've almost made me change my mind about these.....that's no easy task.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0708, anabela, balenciaga, belikova, david, f or w, koponen, sims, suvi