How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-07-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naen View Post
Luckily for them, all the poorer quality collections from this year have most captivating and well-executed campaigns.
This atmosphere instantly bought me with the simplicity of the background and the contrast it creates with the clothes so that the real focus is set on girls.
Most of these models are unknown to me, which in my eyes is quite effective because of the whole mystery thing going on in this collection itself; in this case my personal standout is a redhead girl, she blends perfectly with the ambience.
excellent point, fully agree.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 03-07-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Off topic. Model was already named, no need to link to thread.

03-07-2012
fashion insider

Fashionable space travelers who's spaceship had crashed into deserted territory.

Love this campaign

V.I.P.

Reminiscent of something Meisel would have produced for VI in the late 90s. I have to agree with the poster who stated that the anonymity of the models adds a level of intrigue to this ad that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

Or maybe I just love the idea of hanging out on the beach in your full on autumn sweaters. It never gets old .

03-07-2012
V.I.P.

way waayyy better then last season. I think this is Meisel best campaign so far this season.

Last edited by Forrest; 03-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.
03-07-2012
V.I.P.

loving Linn in this campaign. her shots are the most captivating. i dont love this campaign but i dont hate it

03-07-2012
windowshopping

This has a late 90s vibe going on, especially due to the overall colour palette and lighting. Rather simplistic but very convincing.

03-07-2012
trendsetter

Anniek and Linn are killing this. I absolutely love it.

tfs star

Know that I've seen the whole set I can kind of forgive the low quality set, they've chosen it and have fully committed to it.

03-07-2012
fierce.

I love it!

fashion insider

Best Balenciaga campaign in a long while, this is fantastic! I don't mind the setting one bit, and the styling in this is really great.

Also, this is one of the best use of newbies in a campaign I've ever seen, each and every girl is delivering.

Kudos to Meisel and all those involved

fashion insider

beautifully shot campaign.. love the pics of the blonde girl (Linn?), i also really like the whole mood of it and the styling (except for the ugly lace-up shoes!) but not convinced with the cast yet, i would've loved to see other newish Balenciaga girls like Marique, Nyasha, Laura, Marte Mei, Erjona or Maria B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Fashionable space travelers who's spaceship had crashed into deserted territory.
and it seems they were travelling from the FW 10 campaign's planet! they are indeed very similar campaigns, including the fake looking setting :p

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

The poor red-haired girl got the ugliest sweater and those nasty lace-up shoes in the same shot, how unfortunate Seriously though, this is really nice. I expected a bit more after the preview was released and I don't think any of the other shots are as good as Hirschy's close up in the preview. But the solo shot of the blonde girl (Linn Arvidsson, I guess) is gorgeous, as well. And I really love the backdrop, the cast works together harmoniously and the styling is fun. But overall I don't find it that exciting or memorable.

04-07-2012
fashion elite

Ugh I hate campaigns like this! I absolutely loved the one last year with Hailey and Juliane, but these types of campaigns are sooooo static and boring to me, the worst kind of "photography" blah so uninspired

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

I actually like this more than I expected to, nothing is going to make me like this collection I think its unflattering and ugly but the backround is nice and at least it has some color, curious to see the other shots

04-07-2012
V.I.P.

oh, i love this

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, balenciaga, f or w, meisel, steven