How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelh View Post
the font of new logo indeed reminds me of CHANEL
The whole photo reminds me of past Chanel Ads.

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

F/W 2013 ads already? And in the June magazines no less? I was anticipating this campaign but I was willing to wait until July or something. Anyway, as others have echoed it doesn't look very interesting and the new logo is amateurish. Oh and I hope we get to see Kristen's face at some point, otherwise what's the point of booking her?

V.I.P.

HQ

facebook/balenciaga

trendsetter

Firstly, I do not like Steven Klein collaboration with Wang because campaigns are boring, bland and awful (like the one in Malgosia Bela) Bleeee .... And I'm not a big fan of Kristen.

30-04-2013
front row

Oh, I like what I am seeing so far, but her hand does look really creepy...

30-04-2013
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
I'm not going to get stuck on the logo but this sounds really promising. Kristen is always interesting, to say the least!
Same, but I guess the placement of the logo is deliberately asking for it.

Steven always does something intriguing, definitely not the typical commercial setting that most people are so compliant with.

30-04-2013
backstage pass

It's true that Kristen can do no wrong.But the model choice is too safe to make people excited.

30-04-2013
fashion elite

well...as much as I love Kristen, I would like to see more

V.I.P.

I like a good tease, hopefully she's opening the door to something incredibly creative for the campaign!

front row

At first (I mean a few minutes ago) I thought this was a good campaign. But now it's like, he played it safe for the show (doing all black, which seems to reminds me of something that a certain predecessor did for his first show that, in my opinion is strikingly similar to Wang's first.) and now he's playing it safe for the campaign. And I agree, there's no point in booking Kristen if you're not even going to show her face. I'm kinda losing interest in her now (you can thank her monstrosity of a daughter for that one.) One of the only good things about this is that now the campaigns are going to start flooding in and I'm damn excited for them.

30-04-2013
trendsetter

Reminds me of a Chanel campaign. I like it. The new logo is going to take some getting used to, every time I see it I think fake. Hopefully there are shots of Kristen's face, though the campaign looks good now, she would make it a lot more interesting.

30-04-2013
.my prison is your brain.

To those saying he shouldn't have used Kristen if he wasn't going to show her face, I completely disagree. If she projects the mood and vibe he wants the entire campaign to encompass than he, as an artist, should definitely use her to inspire him in whatever way he sees fit.

That said, it could very well be just the first teaser and the next image will reveal her beautiful face. I find it to be a striking image. Either way, I'm excited and interested to see how it all unveils.

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

This is obviously just a teaser image, but it's enough to get me excited. Great choise on Kristen, she fits the collection, the house and Klein's style really well. Can't wait to see more from this.

fashion icon

I don't really care who stars in their campaign. The "teaser" itself seems uninteresting and somewhat inspired by Chanel (at least I'm used to Chanel's typical campaigns). I may have to see the other pictures and hope we get to see better shots.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
F/W 2013 ads already? And in the June magazines no less? I was anticipating this campaign but I was willing to wait until July or something.
Don't get me wrong, but, in general, it feels like Balenciaga is trying to get rid of Nicolas Ghesquière's influence as soon as possible.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, balenciaga, f or w, henriksen, josh, klein, kristen, mcmenamy, olins, steven, sylvester, ulv