How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-07-2012
backstage pass

Balmain "Ivoire de Balmain" Fragrance : Julia Frauche by David Sims

Quote:
Balmain will relaunch Ivoire de Balmain, the brand’s well-known fragrance first introduced in 1979. The modern interpretation will debut in August, and will be the brand’s first launch under new licensing arrangements with InterParfums.
Quote:
Pour cette nouvelle proposition, le photographe David Sims a mis en scène, dans un appartement haussmannien, la fille Balmain d’aujourd’hui. Le regard ombré sous son feutre Fedora, tournant le dos aux regards indiscrets, elle tient dans sa main ce flacon, comme une réponse à une autre femme. Son sillage étrangement familier n’est ni tout à fait le même, ni tout à fait un autre. Il y a de la douceur, de la pudeur et une féminité affirmée dans cette inconnue d’ici et de maintenant.
*via ntsperfume.com and blog.cosma-parfumeries.com

Last edited by ChrissyM; 10-07-2012 at 09:56 AM.

09-07-2012
don't look down

It's like a Valentino ad, except the mansion's been repossessed and the expensive clothes have been sold, so they're making do with a fancy kitchen wall for their background and a big hat to hide the shame.

The most expensive thing about this campaign is probably the price-tag mark-up on the product. As for the mysterious allure of the model, with that pose, she looks like she'd be capable of getting lost in her own house. And I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't have fantasies about standing in the corner of a room with half my clothes off.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
It's like a Valentino ad, except the mansion's been repossessed and the expensive clothes have been sold, so they're making do with a fancy kitchen wall for their background and a big hat to hide the shame.

The most expensive thing about this campaign is probably the price-tag mark-up on the product. As for the mysterious allure of the model, with that pose, she looks like she'd be capable of getting lost in her own house. And I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't have fantasies about standing in the corner of a room with half my clothes off.
I think that's the best description of a campaign ever!

scenester

Quote:

Oh my gosh that was the funniest/most accurate description I've read in quite some time - bravo to you.

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

Is that Najda?

backstage pass

^ My first thought was actually Daria Strokous, but no idea really, the fedora isn't helping.

It's very simple, but I think it'll look alright in print with the logo and probably cropped differently etc. The explanation of the concept and her holding out the bottle "as a response to another woman" sounds pretty ridiculous though.

Last edited by myran; 09-07-2012 at 06:32 PM.
09-07-2012
fashion icon

Love it!!! nothing much just plain simple and it works.

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

09-07-2012
V.I.P.

For a "relaunch" it's ashame it looks as though no thought was put into creating the concept.

███████████████

I Loveeed simple & beautifull, only the backround rememberme to Burberry SS2010

10-07-2012
girl who fell to earth

I think of Balmain as kind of glitzy and over the top. This is not that.

10-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:

well, YOU don't

11-07-2012
Some Like It Hot

It would of been interesting to have seen I&V shoot this, although this isn't that bad, but it looks like something Dior would release.

backstage pass

HQ from US Harper's Bazaar October 2012.

*zinio.com

19-09-2012
front row

Looks lovely!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balmain, david, fragrance, frauche, ivoire de balmain, julia, sims