How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

Beyonce "Heat" Fragrance : Beyonce by Michael Thompson
Both TV and print advertising — with the tag line “Catch the Fever” — will accompany Beyoncé Heat’s launch. “It’s called Heat, so we wanted the ads to be really steamy and dewy,” said Knowles. “My sexiest moments are when I’m just getting out of the tub or the shower and I’m clean, so I wanted to incorporate that in the ads. The dress was this liquid-y satin. The song ‘Fever’ I did years ago and always loved it. [For the commercial] I got to sing it a bit more whispery, more natural.”

The TV ad was directed by Jake Nava, who also shot Knowles’ videos “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It),” “If I Were a Boy” and “Beautiful Liar.” Print advertising, shot by Michael Thompson, depicts a sultry Knowles in the same dress worn in the TV campaign. The ad, which will be available as single- and double-page spreads, will begin running in February fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazines.

While executives declined to discuss advertising and promotional spending, industry sources estimated that Coty Beauty would spend at least $20 million on advertising and promotion in Beyoncé Heat’s first year on counter. About 70 percent of that figure is expected to be in media spending, with the overwhelming majority of it to be spent on TV ads. As well, the brand is targeting at least 40 million scented impressions.

An intensive Internet campaign is planned, noted Jerôme Dujoux, global marketing director, fragrance division, for Coty Beauty. A teaser Web site, Readytocatchthefever.com, goes live today, with an e-blast to Knowles’ fans on Facebook and MySpace. A unique Facebook application, How Hot Are You?, rates a user’s profile on its “Fever Meter.” It is designed to allow potential purchasers to see just how sizzling — or fizzling, as the case may be — they are.

Knowles is also hard at work on her fashion line. “We just shot our next ad with Tony Duran in Greece,” she said. “And the clothes are beautiful — we did a Sasha Fierce line with a lot of studding and denim and shoulder pads, very sexy and cool. And the House of Déreon dresses are so elegant. I think the clothes and the ads keep growing and evolving. We also have amazing accessories — we have great shoes, hosiery, lingerie. We just got a new hat license.”

excerpt and pic from wwd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heat.jpg (30.6 KB, 75 views)

18-12-2009
don't look down

This half-hearted visual suggestiveness makes me appreciate Tom Ford's directness when he runs an ad where a perfume bottle fits into someone's front (or actual) bottom and he makes the symbolism real, rather than this sort of nonsense where you skirt the censors by positioning the bottle a few inches away from the hotspot, but still rely on the same idea permeating into people's brains at some level.

V.I.P.

what the hell?

18-12-2009
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

am her biggest fan but this trully sucks..am very dissappointed

V.I.P.

horrible

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

This is tacky at it's best. What the hell have they done with her head? Her body doesn't look properly proportioned.
Don't even get me started on that logo and bottle design..

backstage pass

Ooh that horrible freak,Beyonce...Exhausted of her...!This "Ad" is so disgusting...eww

18-12-2009
Some Like It Hot

^the bottle design is half hearted and nothing new , it looks totally wrong and yet another 'slap a celebrities name on it and sell , sell , sell'

fashion insider

very lazy effort.

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

Ugly and weird. What's with the expression?

18-12-2009
███████████████

That horrible jajaja very awful

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

her head looks disembodied.

she's got the look

laughable.

French Chic

^ Too right Just really, really bad.

V.I.P.

^ agree.