How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2009
barcode

I think Emma looks beautiful, but that's all the positive I can say about this. The mood, the look and particularly the light is all wrong for the collection. That lighting should have been cooler, gray, melancholic.

The ads take whatever beauty the runway show had and ignores it completely.

09-06-2009
V.I.P.

i didn't even realise that it was her

not a fan, last season's were better

hate the colours

backstage pass

First I thought,who's that girl? Emma Watson.Are you kidding me? She looks so diffrent,so not harry potter.But ad is still kinda boring.

09-06-2009
she's got the look

It's not bad... That's all I can say.
I miss Testino's old days, when his photography used to be more natural... It's so airbrushed.

fashion insider

I think she looks totally herself, at her best

The problem is that the concept is dull dull dull...Testino's ads have been Łber boring lately, and what were they thinking to not show the beautiful dresses, blazers and accesories from that fantastic collection.

09-06-2009
tfs star

I don't mind Emma Watson. Whenever I see a Burberry ad I think it's a typical British brand, and Emma is a good choice even though she's a teen, she's not a typical teen star and she looks mature and pretty here.

My only problem is

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This totaly lacks creativity, Mario Testino shot this??? it's boring boring boring.
Three people in front of a fence. come on...

V.I.P.

All the Burberry boys look handsome... Keep them for the next season but change Emma to a model i would be happy.
I love the Prorsum line, but this ad is so banal and on the other hand, dusty [the trenchcoats].

███████████████

She look good and diferent she no like me but need say i like in the ads .Me i like about me expected black and white and me thiking are more boring about im expected i like and guys Testino noo ned go of Burberry, if all talk of Burberry now in the actuality is thanks to Testino dont forget.

09-06-2009
V.I.P.

I was wondering who was the female model in the ads until I read that's Emma, she does looks good because they transformed her into some other girl that ain't her. These ads are okay but i wished the models looked by real people.

09-06-2009
trendsetter

I love her eyes!
And the campaign actually makes me want to buy the clothes.

V.I.P.

Much better than last season but still boring.

09-06-2009
fashion elite

I like this. Emma looks great, much better than I expected. She doesn't look like how they style her in the potter movies, but if you compare these photos to her candid photos she looks very much like herself.

I also think Emma is a good fit for Burberry. She's always wearing Burberry and attending their events, and Bailey basically loves her. I'm not surprised at all that she got a campaign. Also it would make more sense to use Emma than some other british star because she isn't in the fashion spotlight as much as other stars. Other celebrities would have been an obvious choice.

09-06-2009
tfs star

she looks damn pretty, she's growing rite now, from nerdy Granger to this beautiful girl. loves the mood for this campaign.

09-06-2009
old-fashioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
Burberry needs a change of photographer. Every season, regardless of how genius the collection is, Testino seems to make the clothes look mundane. Seeing Burberry campaigns is a completely underwhelming experience for me.

This is a failed concept for me. Whilst I don't necessarily hate Emma, I find her for Burberry a little perplexing. Emma is too young for this, especially given the aesthetic of this particular collection.

I thought the whole idea of the collection was "going back to [Burberry's] roots". Hence, I expected a casting tied to Burberry's heritage ie. Karen Elson, Kate Moss, Stella Tennant etc etc.
i agree 110% with everything you said. i don't get why burberry's ads have become so focused on young brits. the recent ones with agyness deyn, lily donaldson and sting's daughter (+ some other people i don't know) jumping in a studio were a terrible attempt to look cool. many brands have shown us that it's possible to make a campaign appealing to young and to grownups, and choosing a teen movie star as a model is definitely not how you do it. this is too 'little rich girl in her mother's trench coats' for my taste.

backstage pass

She looks pretty... And that's all. Yeah, it's boring and i don't like to see celebrities getting Ad campaigns. But they're markeable. And this is how it works, unfortunately...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, burberry, f or w, mario, prorsum, testino