How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2009
V.I.P.

This is way too boring.
The last beautiful campaign was Rosie's in fw08.

10-06-2009
V.I.P.

What a mediocre way of presenting such an unusually impeccable collection.. Emma gives an entirely different mood than what the looks projected in the show, I can't complain so much about the scenery, it is exactly what I expect from Burberry, but the models deviate everything, they give it such a cheesy tone.. someone with stronger features or depth in the eyes would've been more suitable.. even Kaya Scodelario would've been better, and just as random and English..

V.I.P.

love Emma. always did. had a crush on her since i first saw the poster of the first HP movie (we're talking about an underaged kid having a crush on another underaged kid here, no pedo stuff :p)

and yeah, she looks so different in the first pic!!! but i'd take her over Laura Hollins any day.

btw, are we sure this is for Prorsum? it could just as well be Burberry London, no?

10-06-2009
backstage pass

There's not much change in Emma's expression throughout the different pictures, but nevertheless, she looks lovely I think the makeup looks good on her. She also looks comfortable instead of trying to force an expression on her face which is out of place. I like her in the beige trenchcoat, but the dark brown trench coat looks a bit too mature for her! There's not much excitement eminating from the pictures; its got a very polished high end feel to it, but it's Burberry, so that's to be expected right? :p

10-06-2009
windowshopping

The campaign is beautiful, but am I the only one who thinks Burberry campaigns could use a little diversity? I can't really remember any other model than a caucasian one in a Burberry campaign, while there are many beautiful British models who are not white. I know Burberry targets a certain demographic, but why not put Jourdan Dunn(British Model of the year!!) in a campaign? She'd look beautiful! I can't really understand why they haven't cast her yet, she may not be of nobility but neither are Agyness or Lily. Just a thought, but I hope they do opt for a model from another ethnicity in the future. Because I adore the brand, and their campaigns.

scenester

The campaign is very British, very Burberry... but very bland. Emma looks pretty and the campaign looks nice, but it really doesn't do anything for me.

Like so many others has written on this thred the collection was great. Why doesn't it show in this campaign? Maybe because of the recession, you better be safe than sorry.

*yawn*

10-06-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostboy View Post
The campaign is beautiful, but am I the only one who thinks Burberry campaigns could use a little diversity? I can't really remember any other model than a caucasian one in a Burberry campaign, while there are many beautiful British models who are not white. I know Burberry targets a certain demographic, but why not put Jourdan Dunn(British Model of the year!!) in a campaign? She'd look beautiful! I can't really understand why they haven't cast her yet, she may not be of nobility but neither are Agyness or Lily. Just a thought, but I hope they do opt for a model from another ethnicity in the future. Because I adore the brand, and their campaigns.
Great point!!!

10-06-2009
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Emma is such a good model!!!!

10-06-2009
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
What a mediocre way of presenting such an unusually impeccable collection.. Emma gives an entirely different mood than what the looks projected in the show, I can't complain so much about the scenery, it is exactly what I expect from Burberry, but the models deviate everything, they give it such a cheesy tone.. someone with stronger features or depth in the eyes would've been more suitable.. even Kaya Scodelario would've been better, and just as random and English..
Oh I so agree. Kaya would have been perfect for this!

10-06-2009
fashion insider

how I wish Burberry would do something different in their campaigns. this is very boring. and Emma looks nothing like herself

11-06-2009
fashion elite

I totally agree about Jourdan for Burberry. That would've been lovely and diverse! Emma needs to stop trying so hard with this high fashion bullsh!t because she can't pull it off. Same facial expression, same pose, boring clothes, boring model. This is almost as ridiculous as the ~rumors~ of Emma representing Chanel. Good lord after seeing this that would've been tragic.

11-06-2009
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

One more from WWD.

wwd.com

From left: Nick Wilson, Douglas Booth, Charlie France, Tom Guiness-Taylor, ...

I don't know who's the last one He looks like an actor.

11-06-2009
███████████████

i like this shot very sexy ther last guy but i hate the first and Douglas look faat i think

11-06-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostboy View Post
Maybe they just don't want Jourdan as a model in their campaign. It's like asking why didn't they use one of all the other models in the business right now. Having said that, I think one day they will use Jourdan.

That said I really like these. Emma looks great. I'd have liked to have seen more of London in the background though as opposed to a faint outline.

And those clothes (shirts on the guys and the trench on Emma) need a damn good iron!

Last edited by dumbfairy; 11-06-2009 at 01:31 PM.
11-06-2009
V.I.P.

i miss Alex Pettifyer in those Burberry ads lol. i guess it was an issue with Emma being his ex and all...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, burberry, f or w, mario, prorsum, testino