How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2010
V.I.P.

I need to see more but so far this is way better than last season's ads. It is minimal but there is also emotion in the shot, which is surprisingly good for being a Calvin Klein ad. Like she's not a dead fish or clone like in the Anna Selezneva's ad

I'm also loving the wetness of the shot, it's definitely recreating the show's feeling. I'd like to see more shots with key pieces rather than just a big shot of her face, but so far I'm loving it!

09-01-2010
fashion elite

Loving it so far... Jac is growing on me...

V.I.P.

Brilliant ad! It reminds me of good old Natalia's CK jeans ones. Well done Jac

09-01-2010
No One Does It Like You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
God this is awful. I despise Jac for Calvin Klein. She is not Calvin, at all. Natalia Vodianova is Calvin Klein, Gemma Ward is Calvin Klein. There is something unique about the Calvin beauties but also something very refined about them.

Jac might be pretty, but she is merely a 15 year old girl and she looks even younger in print. Having children in advertisements, particularly for a house like Calvin Klein which has come to represent the modern, refined woman of today, is ludicrous to me.

There is nothing directional about having a 15-year old girl in your ad campaign. Sorry, but this is nowhere near the level of Natalia's Calvin ads.
now now, i beg to differ. i think she's a great choice for calvin klein as i've always associated it [the brand] with something pervertly sexy about premature girls, be it brooke shields, early kate moss or natalia, who, be frank, despite her age and multiple experienced deliveries, still manages to look extremely young at times and has something girlish about her. so at this point, jac is a spot on choice. time will only prove it as she grows older, i'm sure.

front row

I agree that this doesn't really show off the clothing she's wearing, but it does create quite a mood. I think this kind of advertising (i.e. one that focuses more on brand image more than collection clothing in particular) is quite smart for Calvin Klein.

Unlike many brands, Calvin Klein is a true empire, with clothes as well as accessories et. available at every price point (as opposed to a brand like Chanel which is a v. different kind of empire) . Most people buying its products are not buying Calvin Klein Collection, but they ARE buying clothes with Calvin Klein on the label.

I doubt they'd find this image irreconcilable with their sense of Calvin Klein as a brand. But those same Calvin customers might be put off by a campaign like Anna Selezneva's from a year ago. This type of ad is much more likely to catch their eye.

Still, I'm sure we'll get to see the collection in full detail eventually once the full campaign is out, so I don't think there are grounds to gripe about the clothes being missing from the ads just yet.

The advertising campaign will, I'm sure, have something that appeals to customers shopping at all price points. So instead of complaining about this lone shot, I'd rather just enjoy the picture for what is--a beautiful image--that is, as many people have said, quite consistent with this brand's storied history of using very young models.

09-01-2010
!

i love this so far,Jac looks every good. can wait to see more.

09-01-2010
MON
V.I.P.

Love it! So calm and simple! Adore

trendsetter

prefer last season

but jac is stunning so...

10-01-2010
V.I.P.

Jac looks so gorgerous.

11-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
For the womenís Calvin Klein Collection campaign, creative director Francisco Costa has again tapped model Jac (Monika Jagaciak), with David Sims shooting the campaign in Carmel, Calif.
wwd.com

11-01-2010
V.I.P.

I dislike the new shot. Something about her pose throws me off.

V.I.P.

^ me too, ruins the good work of the first one

11-01-2010
rising star

David Agbodji for Calvin Klein Collection, shot by Steven Klein

Source: wwd/modelhommes twitter

no tom ford, no thanks.

^well then.

V.I.P.

Jac's two newest photos are still beautiful, however the wideview of the first is definitely not as appealing; she looks a bit uncomfortable and there's a totally different mood.

David Agbodji's..just incredible in the first photo. So Grace Jones. What a buttocks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, calvin, collection, david, jac, jagaciak, klein, monika, s or s, sims