How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

^I don't think it should be younger, I really liked Malgosia for Chanel Beauty for example but Gisele definitely looks out of place here..

31-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Sigrid's shot is by far the best. Gisele is not ethereal enough.
Exactly! The right word, Gisele looks so random and a last minute pick while Sigrid & Jac are perfect for it and complement each other imo

Last edited by Maximilian S; 31-01-2013 at 12:21 PM.
31-01-2013
V.I.P.

It's probably because Gisele's been overexposed, she's completely commercial. The other girl who was well-known yet did Chanel beauty was Natalia V., but she has this mystic aura so she was suitable for it, unlike Gisele.

Last edited by Kanna; 31-01-2013 at 12:21 PM.
31-01-2013
fashion insider

^ I don't think being popular is the reason here. Chanel also uses actresses and they fit quite well.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

^ For the cosmetic ads too? Nicole Kidman, Keira Knightley and Kate Moss did fragrance ads but I was talking about cosmetic ads here.. I was thinking of Shalom, Michelle, Rianne, Jessica Miller, Malgosia, etc. as well as Natalia who did this line.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Wow pleasantly surprised to see Gisele!

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Gisele looks stunning as always, she's the dream face for any cosmetic campaign. And I don't the comments that she doesn't "fit" on Chanel, she fits in pretty much every brand in the world.

fashion insider

Quote:
she fits in pretty much every brand in the world.
Sorry but I don't think so and the proof is right here. Like most people who commented on this thread this cosmetic campaign would have been better off without her.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Personally speaking, I think it's what people are used to seeing Gisele do. She rarely does high-fashion and when she fronted Balenciaga, it was something different. Now since Gisele is fronting Chanel, it's a shock to the system that a commercial face is fronting such a coveted brand. We're too used to the non-commercial models fronting Chanel, like Monika and Sigrid.

As I mentioned earlier, I find it refreshing to see Gisele Bundchen as the face of Chanel cosmetics. She certainly does have the face for a beauty advert, which I guess is the whole objective.

hors concours♛

well before Gisele's name was added there were only around 1,000 views for many months. There are now over 4,000 in one day. I guess not totally worthless. She does what brands want.

This is looking like a Kate Upton thread.

Last edited by michelabella; 31-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.
31-01-2013
fashion insider

^ It all comes down to that nowadays, doesn't it?

#Vogue28 Maybe that is the reason but I don't think Monika & Sigrid are 'non-commercial' in the sense that that term usually applies to 'unconventional beauty' because I think they're both downright gorgeous and mass appealing.

31-01-2013
front row

Gisele is too wild and sexy for nonchalance Chanel

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Sorry but I don't think so and the proof is right here. Like most people who commented on this thread this cosmetic campaign would have been better off without her.
Oh well, opinions. Gisele is one of the few models who can transit from extremely commercial to extremely high fashion work, and that's why she fits every brand. She's a stunning, healthy, mature woman who brings that something else to everything she does, she has the IT factor that very few supermodels have. And honestly she's a much better choice for this type of campaign than a dreadfully bland girl like Sigrid.

don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by julien520 View Post
Gisele is too wild and sexy for nonchalance Chanel
That's why I feel she doesn't fit the brand - when you hire Gisele, you're hiring a recognisable package of sexy hair and success, which doesn't quite square with what Chanel stands for. But after their decision to hire Brad Pitt, what is that, these days?

fashion insider

Quote:
Oh well, opinions. Gisele is one of the few models who can transit from extremely commercial to extremely high fashion work, and that's why she fits every brand. She's a stunning, healthy, mature woman who brings that something else to everything she does, she has the IT factor that very few supermodels have. And honestly she's a much better choice for this type of campaign than a dreadfully bland girl like Sigrid.
OR...that's what we're programmed to believe by Vogue for years I know its just your opinion but Sigrid is not bland at all, there is this tendency to term extremely beautiful girls bland these days while the unconventional looking get away as 'real' or 'chameleons'

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, agren, beauty, bundchen, chanel, gisele, jagaciak, monika, s or s, sigrid