How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-09-2005
Power to the 99%

I think this sends a clear message that drugs aren't fashionable. I bet there are lots of folks with habits shaking in their boots right now. And it's a very valid message that drugs can and do destroy your life.

21-09-2005
front row

Im not being too harsh. Her career is over, mark my words

21-09-2005
go red sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauteFashion
Im not being too harsh. Her career is over, mark my words
I agree 100%! She made the choice to do drugs. This should have happened long ago when she started dating that loser Pete Doherty, a known drug user. The woman has a daughter, for crying out loud!

Last edited by peacelover142002; 21-09-2005 at 02:25 PM.
21-09-2005
Cinematic Vision

There are threads about her loosing contracts all over the place

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantal
Poor Kate/

Models and movie stars should not be held up to saintly ethical moral
codes that we require of preachers, political leaders or teachers.
It's not a saintly ethical moral code, it's a pretty basic legal code. Kate broke the law...which applies to everyone. Now she needs to face the consequences.

21-09-2005
front row

She had it coming. I feel bad for her, but she deserves it. She truly is a fantastic model, and it's bad that she lets stupid things destroy her

21-09-2005
front row

I just find this funny that people are now fussing all over the places with her drug habit, but I've always thought that she has done that, cause when she used to party a lot with Naomi Campbell (before Lily) and there were these stories in every news paper that "Girls gone wild" and stuff, neither of them admit that then, but short after that Naomi admitted that she has done "some bad things" and went to rehab, so that kinda told me that already that Kate was doing "those bad things" as well, so most likely she has done those for years. So let's not blame Pete, I'm not saying that he doesn't got anything to do with this but, Kate is grown up woman, who should make her own decisions.

V.I.P.

Quote:
She doesn't deserve all this.
Why doesn't she deserve it? She made the choice to do drugs, now she can deal with the consequences. H&M has it in their policy for their models to be 'healthy, wholesome, and sound' and the company works with Mentor Foundation to prevent drug uses. For them to continue employing a cocaine addicted model would only be hypocritical. In addtion to being dropped by H&M, Chanel, and Burberry, the police are also getting involved.

Quote:
The buzz over Kate Moss' alleged drug use is showing no sign of quieting.

Authorities have launched an investigation into photos published by the U.K.'s Daily Mirror that seemingly show the supermodel snorting cocaine, London's Metropolitan Police said Wednesday.

While officials usually focus on investigating drug dealers rather than users, that policy is "adaptable to the impact of events," Sir Ian Blair, the commissioner of Metropolitan Police, told reporters.

Blair said that any decision on charges would be made with consideration into how the events impacted young people.

"We have to look at the impact of this kind of behavior on impressionable young people and if there is evidence something should be done about it," he said.

"I can remember being asked a question about a previous individual who was given a caution. I think that was a wrong decision."

Police said the investigation would require more evidence than the newspaper photos before it could proceed.

Meanwhile, Moss' professional life has been taking some serious hits as a result of the alleged drug scandal.

On Wednesday, Chanel announced that it would not be renewing its contract with Moss after it expires at the end of October.

However, a spokeswoman for the luxury purveyor denied that the split came about as a result of the negative publicity surrounding the 31-year-old model.

"Kate Moss has a contract until the end of October," said Julie Le Blevec, spokeswoman for Chanel perfumes. "We are not planning to stop the advertisements before then. The contract was always going to end in October."

Moss has served as the face of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle perfume since 2002. Current ads show her wearing nothing but a bowler hat, a string of pearls and, presumably, the fragrance.

Hours after Chanel announced that Moss' contract would not be reupped, Burberry announced that it too would be ending its association with the model, who has worked with the company since 1998 and has appeared in nine out of its last 16 campaigns.

"At the current time we had one project scheduled with Kate for this autumn and in the circumstances both Kate and Burberry have mutually agreed that it is inappropriate to go ahead," a spokeswoman for the company said in a statement.

"Kate has always been a fantastic model and highly professional for Burberry. We are saddened by her current circumstances and hope she overcomes her problems as soon as possible. We wish Kate all the best."

On Tuesday, clothing chain H&M became the first company to fire the model, announcing that Moss had been dropped from an upcoming ad campaign to launch a new line designed by Stella McCartney.

"H&M has decided to cancel the advertising campaign with model Kate Moss," the Swedish-based company stated. "H&M distances itself strongly from drugs and for several years has been actively engaged in drug prevention work with the Mentor Foundation."

Moss, who has yet to publicly comment on the drug furor, has been looking into rehab options, according to published reports.

The model previously checked herself into rehab in 1998 after complaining of "exhaustion." She later admitted she'd been hitting the bottle and getting high before hopping on the catwalk, but denied indulging in harder substances.

Published reports put Moss'estimated worth at around $55 million.

21-09-2005
front row

Now if any of these young girls out here who were following Kate Moss were disillusion into thinking she was so thin because she exercise and ate right or that she was just 'naturally thin' now you know the real deal!! Now you know whats up! 100% unadulterated drug abuse.

I hope she gets the help she needs, I'm sure there are many in the industry who are hanger-on and are using that girl for all she is worth. She will see on her way down just who is who. Maybe this will finally be the thing that will make her wake up out of that drug-induced fog she in and get some help, if not for herself then at least for her child. This whole fiasco mirrors the title of this popular book. "Model: The Ugly Business of Beautiful Women"

Last edited by bagsnthings; 21-09-2005 at 02:54 PM.
21-09-2005
V.I.P.

I only hope that she got some true friends who stands by her even now when times are so BAD...

V.I.P.

I read a newspaper report today in Evening Standard where they sent undercover reporters to three fashion parties in London; Topshop, Mac and Burberry. They swabbed the toilets at these parties and they ALL tested positive for cocaine. This is the dark underbelly of fashion and models have been saying that it's a fact of fashion, that lots of models take cocaine to keep thin and that the only mistake Kate made was getting caught.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
21-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan38
It's not a saintly ethical moral code, it's a pretty basic legal code. Kate broke the law...which applies to everyone. Now she needs to face the consequences.
Exactly.
She just keeps loosing one contract after another, I don't think Dior will drop her, don't know about Rimmel though.

21-09-2005
go red sox

^i heard that rimmel isn't gonna drop her. i wish they would though.

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

taking drugs are against the law and the woman has a kid for crying out loud. A little responsibility is not too much to ask. Love her style but being a supermodel doesn't excuse her actions. I do feel bad for her but hey she made her own bed...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady stardust
I only hope that she got some true friends who stands by her even now when times are so BAD...
Obviously, Kate has chosen to go to the "school-of-hard-knocks". She has a kid and is not some young inexperienced model either. The woman is 31 years old, her shelf life in the modeling business is about to be up, the drug abuse will probably accelerate the process. The public has heard this scenario so many times before. You've think she would be smarter than that, right.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
burberry, chanel, kate, moss, ways