How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-09-2005
fashion insider

not only does she deserve to loose these contracts, but she should go to jail.
it's illegal to be caught using that type of drugs. and if she did care for her child she wouldn't be a junkie in the first place. i really liked her in the 90's but now she's done. don't know how she can recover after this. it's not like she's 15 either. she is in her 30's and the scandals might just be the nail to the coffin.

21-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
I read a newspaper report today in Evening Standard where they sent undercover reporters to three fashion parties in London; Topshop, Mac and Burberry. They swabbed the toilets at these parties and they ALL tested positive for cocaine. This is the dark underbelly of fashion and models have been saying that it's a fact of fashion, that lots of models take cocaine to keep thin and that the only mistake Kate made was getting caught.
Perhaps it would be more interesting to remember the news about the results from a similar investigation of EU parliament bathrooms. Somewhat more important since they are actually making important decisions for other people.

From BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4685693.stm

21-09-2005
FaceForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
Perhaps it would be more interesting to remember the news about the results from a similar investigation of EU parliament bathrooms. Somewhat more important since they are actually making important decisions for other people.

From BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4685693.stm
Always nice to know the people who make decisions for the rest of Europe are thinking 100% clearly when they do make them.

21-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauteFashion
Im not being too harsh. Her career is over, mark my words
alright chill out love

i feel so bad for her i cant see her dissapearing any time soon

21-09-2005
my loves a pony.

like she's the only model who does coke.

And we liked to party
and we kept it live
and we had a three volume tome of contemporary slang
to keep a handle on all this jive.
21-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailqueen
not only does she deserve to loose these contracts, but she should go to jail.
it's illegal to be caught using that type of drugs. and if she did care for her child she wouldn't be a junkie in the first place. i really liked her in the 90's but now she's done. don't know how she can recover after this. it's not like she's 15 either. she is in her 30's and the scandals might just be the nail to the coffin.
Oh yeah, now you're talkin! All the rock stars that would go to jail - I might sign up as a prison guard there just for the sexiness of all the incarcerated lovely rock boys....omg...so hotttt. I'm not as excited by seeing all the EU parliament politicians in there, though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4685693.stm

21-09-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintan
She doesnt deserve all this.
She DOES deserve it. She has to take responsibility for her actions; if she was fool enough to take cocaine and get caught, she can also take all the consequences. Not only does she deserve to lose all her contracts, I personally think she should go to jail. Celebrities shouldn't get off just for being celebrities. They should abide by the same laws and consequences everyone else should abide by.

That research experiment they did about finding cocaine on the toilet seats in the bathrooms of fashion shows AND at the EU parliament is so disturbing. Yikes.

21-09-2005
Swim Upstream

OK calm people. Please

21-09-2005
rising star

I am glad this is happening to her. How stupid could she get. Its even worse that she has Lila Grace. What kind of parent can use £200 worth of coke a day and manage to look after a young child?!

She is a celebrity and is idolised by millions of young girls. What will they think when they see that Kate Moss does coke? They might think it is "cool" to do that.

She deserves everything she is getting. I am glad that for once celebrities are being treated as normal people. She should be charged for possessation and Social Services should get involved regarding Lila Grace.

I just cant believe someone can be so stupid.

I personally hope she never gets any modelling work again. She has disgraced herself.

Sorry to be harsh, but she has ruined her career and she deserves it.

21-09-2005
Seductress in Eden

I am so worried she will end up with the same fate as Gia... she obviously has alot of problems and has broken the law... but i think that the more people put her down the more likely she is to OD

21-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
the only mistake Kate made was getting caught.
The biggest mistake she made was suing that tabloid when they came out with the allegations in the first place, and then not watching her behaviour. Had she just ignored the initial reports, they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of spying on her to prove themselves right. She was foolish to draw attention to it. The money she got from the lawsuit does not in any way compensate for the huge loss of income she brought on herself.

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

^Hey that wasn't me talking! I was paraphrasing what the model in the article said!
I was pointing out that ppl should not be so naive as to think this is some kind of exceptional situation. It is the dark underbelly of fashion that A LOT of models use cocaine and that we shouldn't put them on such high pedestals. It's a sad fact of the fashion world and the ES report was just proving that. I think it's sad that Kate was one of the unlucky ones to be caught and now she's circled out by everyone here and downtrodden when there are blatantly many others who do cocaine as well.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
21-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine888
She DOES deserve it. She has to take responsibility for her actions; if she was fool enough to take cocaine and get caught, she can also take all the consequences. Not only does she deserve to lose all her contracts, I personally think she should go to jail. Celebrities shouldn't get off just for being celebrities. They should abide by the same laws and consequences everyone else should abide by.

That research experiment they did about finding cocaine on the toilet seats in the bathrooms of fashion shows AND at the EU parliament is so disturbing. Yikes.
Yes, it is disturbing actually, that there's so many traces of it at the EU parliament. It kinda shows you how full the prisons would be if all users were incarcerated.

21-09-2005
princely

Its amazing how some ppl worship kate moss almost as if she is a god. She did what she did and she has to pay the consequences, although Rimmel will most likely keep her because they need her. Profits went up hugely after Kate Moss became their face.

21-09-2005
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
Yes, it is disturbing actually, that there's so many traces of it at the EU parliament. It kinda shows you how full the prisons would be if all users were incarcerated.
What is the EU parliament?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
burberry, chanel, kate, moss, ways