How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2005
PopWillEatItself

"Hate" is a very strong word for someone you know only from photos....

22-09-2005
taz
MUSE

well before considering her public responsibility as a model, she should feel more responsible as a mother & how her daughter will feel about her in the future?

i mean kate is not a teenager anymore & she knows what she's doing...maybe she had enough money & publicity after 15 years of modeling....and she doesn't care anymore???

22-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by melt977
"Hate" is a very strong word for someone you know only from photos....
i know... i should quit. my toast is burning., dammit. thats what i get for having no life.

22-09-2005
PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja
i know... i should quit. my toast is burning., dammit. thats what i get for having no life.

22-09-2005
rising star

lol!

22-09-2005
fashion insider

The latest news is that Rimmel London are also considering dropping her.

Cinematic Vision

^
Biggest mistake they would ever make would be to drop Kate..

22-09-2005
V.I.P.

I feel so sorry for kate i mean what is she doing differently to any other person in her posision. Just she was the unfortinant one who got court.

22-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja
ok... the link works now.
Disgraceful and NOT fun it´s only boring me to deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath...

rising star

Her career's not over, we're the society with the 15 minute attention span, remember?

She just needs to show a lot of contrition in public, disassociate herself from her boyfriend, check into some sort of rehab, and show up again in a few months playing in the park with her daughter, drinking a mocha latte and feeding her child apples.

Then all the companies will be "so happy for Kate" and "willing to give her a second chance" and "welcome her back very gladly".

If she doesn't want to abase herself, then her price tag goes down, and next you know you turn the page and there she is wearing too much lipliner, a nurse's uniform and Sketchers runners.

22-09-2005
rising star

I just dont understand this.

Any normal person caught doing drugs who has a young child would be investigated by Social Services.

Why isnt Kate Moss?

I think she should be made an example of. I understand that loads and loads of people and models do it but she was found it.

I also cant stand the way she is reported to always "be in tears" and "devastated" over being dropped by all these companies. She chose to do drugs, she has to face the consequence.

I really hope something is done about Lila Grace though. Its sickening.

22-09-2005

I agree with Venusia, this doesn't mean Kate's finished. However, as she obviously needs to get her life in order, I think retiring from the modeling world (and the celeb life in general) might be the best for HER. It's not like she has to model, for the money I mean.

22-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by boho_babe
^
Biggest mistake they would ever make would be to drop Kate..

think about it. this is the REAL corporate world where money is involved.

check this out...

Rimmel continues isolation of Kate Moss over cocaine claims
By Times Online, Jack Malvern and Will Pavia
Kate Moss in Paris (Sinead Lynch/The Times) NI_MPU('middle');The career of Kate Moss continued to unravel today when another fashion company that employs the model indicated it would drop her over allegations of cocaine abuse.

Rimmel London, a cosmetics company that has used Moss to sell metallic cream eyeshadow and full volume mascara since 2001, said that it was reviewing its current contract with the model, which was due to last until 2007.

"Rimmel London is shocked by recent press allegations about Kate Moss's behaviour and is currently reviewing her contract,'' said Caroline Pycroft, a spokeswoman for the brand, which is owned by Coty Inc, a cosmetics company based in New York.

Rimmel's decision comes a day after Moss was dropped by Burberry from its autumn advertising campaign and a string of other fashion houses set themselves apart from Britain's most recognisable supermodel.

Hennes & Mauritz, the Swedish retailer, fired Moss on Tuesday because of her alleged cocaine use.

Last night, with the fashion world in London for a week of runway shows and parties, Moss apparently went into hiding, missing her friend Sadie Frost’s show at Home House, a member's club.

Paparazzi swarmed the entrance to the club in the hope of catching a glimpse of her but Moss stayed away as many of her friends arrived to watch the launch of this season's FrostFrench line.

Both Chanel and Roberto Cavalli, the Italian designer, yesterday joined the clutch of couturiers that have distanced themselves from Moss after the Daily Mirror published photographs of her allegedly snorting five lines of cocaine in 45 minutes.

Moss also now faces investigations by both the police over her alleged drug taking and her local social services over her fitness to be a mother.

Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, intervened personally yesterday to launch an inquiry into her alleged misuse of drugs.

Sir Ian said: "We have to look at the impact of this kind of behaviour on impressionable young people and, if there is evidence, something should be done about it. I can remember being asked a question about a previous individual (James Hewitt, the former lover of Diana, Princess of Wales) who was given a caution. I think that was a wrong decision."

Moss also faces an interview with social services to see whether she is fit to care for her two-year-old daughter Lila Grace.

Lila’s father, the magazine publisher Jefferson Hack, is said to have been alarmed by the drug-taking reports and could seek custody. He and Moss’s friends will be further concerned by new claims in The Sun newspaper today that the model is also a regular user of crack, a more powerful and addictive form of cocaine. The allegations were denied by the model’s lawyer.

Moss, whose company Skate had a turnover of £1.3 million last year, can expect to lose about £400,000 for the loss of the two modelling contracts. Burberry, which has used her in five of its last six campaigns, said that it hoped she would overcome "her current circumstances", adding: "We had one project scheduled for this autumn and have agreed that it is inappropriate to go ahead."

A spokeswoman for Mr Cavalli said that he was furious about reports that his company was prepared to stand by the model dubbed "Cocaine Kate" by tabloid newspapers. "He is very heated up about this because he is totally against drugs," she said. Asked whether he would use her again, she responded: "I don’t think so. Not at the moment. He certainly had no clue that there was a problem. She is not in the plans this year, but that was decided before all of this."

Chanel, which used Moss as the face of its Coco Mademoiselle perfume, said yesterday that it had "no plans" to renew her contract, which expires in October. The company denied that the decision had anything to do with the model’s cocaine use.

Out of the seven companies recently associated with the 31-year-old model, only Dior has refused to comment on the recent allegations.

H Stern, the New York jeweller which had described Moss as "the best representation of the H Stern woman", said that it did not approve of her actions. It said that Moss was not their spokeswoman, but "the face of a short campaign".

Fashion magazines said that they would continue to print advertisements featuring the supermodel, but French Vogue said that it was keeping an eye on the coverage. "We are concerned," a spokeswoman said.

it's called karma.

Last edited by .francesca; 22-09-2005 at 12:08 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
22-09-2005
V.I.P.

^I just think ppl are revelling a bit too much in the downfall of a woman who, for better or for worse has been a style icon for the past decade and has inspired so many ppl. (I use past tense, but I think for many she still is that style icon and inspiration)

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
22-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
^I just think ppl are revelling a bit too much in the downfall of a woman who, for better or for worse has been a style icon for the past decade and has inspired so many ppl. (I use past tense, but I think for many she still is that style icon and inspiration)
im sorry honey, my style icon is audrey hepburn. and no.... she never used crack. fashion like age is transient anyway. fashionistas might remember kate as the hottest thing since sliced bread but the non-fashion media will forever remember her as a fallen crack addict model. she is the gia carangi of our time.

i think mary kate olsen or nicole ritchie should do her biopic just like angelina did gia's.

lolz!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
burberry, chanel, kate, moss, ways