How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2011
fashion elite

doesn't sell me anything. joan is incredibly boring

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisFashionMuse View Post
doesn't sell me anything. joan is incredibly boring
Glad you said that- she does nothing for me, but then Karl worshipped Kimora Lee and Stella Tenent too, neither of whom I have ever 'gotten'...Of course, Karl could do every campaign with Freja, Heidi Mount, Irina and Claudia forever and I'd be happy...

27-12-2011
fashion elite

^ha totally agree. Freja would have been a safe choice!!

backstage pass

I think some people are so unwilling to accept any form of change that they are blinded or oblivious to what other models could actually do. They say Joan is bland yet they want a campaign featuring Feja forever which for me does nothing for the campaigns. Anyway, of the two models, Joan is the only one selling the clothes here. Saskia is just struggling, yet the theme is "sporty." Look how Joan's legs are completely crossed and she looks so effortless while Saskia looks so tense and couldn't even cross her legs in the pic. Look at the facial expressions, you can see the intensity in Joan's face which is what a serious gymnast's face would look like if she was performing a routine... some of you continue to say that she was selected for the campaign because of the "black issues" with Chanel or because of Carine, but like I said before NOBODY makes Karl do what Karl does not want. SO in the end she's a part of the campaign because 1) Karl wanted her to be in it and 2) Through her own merit, she was able to convince him that she can be a Chanel girl and she clearly achieved it!

27-12-2011
tfs star

They're both boring in this campaign...end of discussion.

29-12-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelo View Post
I think some people are so unwilling to accept any form of change that they are blinded or oblivious to what other models could actually do. They say Joan is bland yet they want a campaign featuring Feja forever which for me does nothing for the campaigns. Anyway, of the two models, Joan is the only one selling the clothes here. Saskia is just struggling, yet the theme is "sporty." Look how Joan's legs are completely crossed and she looks so effortless while Saskia looks so tense and couldn't even cross her legs in the pic. Look at the facial expressions, you can see the intensity in Joan's face which is what a serious gymnast's face would look like if she was performing a routine... some of you continue to say that she was selected for the campaign because of the "black issues" with Chanel or because of Carine, but like I said before NOBODY makes Karl do what Karl does not want. SO in the end she's a part of the campaign because 1) Karl wanted her to be in it and 2) Through her own merit, she was able to convince him that she can be a Chanel girl and she clearly achieved it!
thats not true, otherwise Claudia would be in the ad and not Joan with her "sporty look" as you say.

Last edited by jmrmartinho; 29-12-2011 at 05:23 AM.
29-12-2011
front row

Who cares!! She is now in the campaign deal with it!

29-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseup View Post
They're both boring in this campaign...end of discussion.
Even Freja in the photobooth was different- this is just so bland...

29-12-2011
fashion icon

I think Freja's first few Chanel campaigns were amazing, but the last 2 were very stale & overdone. The photo booth campaign from last season was terrible. This is a huge upgrade, imo. IDK how everyone finds this boring. It's not like they are just standing there behind a white background. The scenery is beautiful, and although I don't like Saskia's solo shot, the group shot is very good. I think it has some promise.

29-12-2011
V.I.P.

Both girls look bored. But we know why (karl)
The difference on the models is that saskia looks bored n with the same look 24/7 in everything she does just like freja always same boring, look.
Posted via Mobile Device

30-12-2011
fashion insider

i absolutely love the first shot ! the other one isn't that good bc of the awkward pose and the background is not as beautiful..
glad that they chose Joan instead of Claudia i don't think she would've fit, she's too.. soft?
and Joan looks great, she's channeling perfectly the nostalgic feel and her bone structure looks amazing

i really wanna see the rest of the campaign!

30-12-2011
scenester

Maybe Claudia was for another campaign who knows.

30-12-2011
V.I.P.

A mass of new campaign images inside British Elle's February issue, I apologize for the bad photos:

photos taken by vogue28
from UK Elle February 2012

V.I.P.

The pearl diver is a bit too much, but the rest looks lovely.

30-12-2011
V.I.P.

^ Thanks mate! Seems like an improvement there, maybe it won't be so bad after all....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, brauw, chanel, joan, karl, lagerfeld, s or s, saskia, smalls