How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2007
V.I.P.

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see the rest.

25-06-2007
V.I.P.

whn we can expect more?

███████████████

mmm are the same style of SS2007

25-06-2007
utterly superfluous

Yah they're very similar to last season's adverts, but that's not to say that I didn't love them last season, or this season. I'm reserving total judgement until I see a full series, but as of now, I'm optimisitc.

There something about this styling that, at least to me, really conveys the feeling and mood of the modern Chloe girl. Lighthearted, carefree, glamourous and confident...all in one! I just want to see those amazing boots and large shoulder slung bags make an appearence

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youarearockstar View Post
Yah they're very similar to last season's adverts, but that's not to say that I didn't love them last season, or this season. I'm reserving total judgement until I see a full series, but as of now, I'm optimisitc.

There something about this styling that, at least to me, really conveys the feeling and mood of the modern Chloe girl. Lighthearted, carefree, glamourous and confident...all in one! I just want to see those amazing boots and large shoulder slung bags make an appearence
I like what I see too, I think the ads reflect perfectly the clothes. I can't wait to see the rest of the ads!

barcode

Is it just me or have Chloe's ads been the same for the past 4 seasons?

25-06-2007
V.I.P.

^It's not just you

25-06-2007
VSFS 2009!

Why do we hold such adoration for photographs that look the same? When it's I&V, it's clearly I&V. They have a style that works for them and they refuse to move on to something else.

25-06-2007
backstage pass

The presence of Shalom doesn't seem out of place to me at all - I think she works really well with Inez and Vinoodh.

utterly superfluous

^^True, but for me its how well that visual style conveys the branded image of the company and how well the end product exemplifies the line, not who shoots it. Its generally all a subjective decision though. And yes, it would be lovely to have something entirely new and awe-inspiring every season, but across the board that is generally not the case. Not to mention that when that happens there is a certain disassociation across the marketing channels which tends to confuse consumers...

I agree though that Inez and Vinoodh are relavtively playing it safe again, and I would love to see something refreshing, but my adoration for the campaign is based out of conveying brand aesthetics. Again, its all subjective !

rising star

I like the fact that they're similar to last season, but as of now, these ads aren't exactly doing it for me. I agree with whoever said before in this thread that girls like Lily and Gemma should be cast in Chloe ads, it would work so much better.
But Freja might yet be our saving grace, I think she could really work these ads.
Does anyone think that in the ad, Shalom looks just like Kiera Knightley, and Anja like Sienna Miller?
For me, that's NOT a good thing.

backstage pass

Since the changed the designer i would think they would change the advertising but I'm glad the kept it the same.

25-06-2007
V.I.P.

I love the emphasis on the clothes. the rest is a little.. dull, it just bothers me how they've been styling the girls and trying to channel the whole 'celebrity' look.. you know, super shinny hair, giant sunglasses, party on.. it'd probably interest me for better or for worse if they were actually celebrities, but these are models!, they have capacity for so much more when you style them, you can actually create a concept and not rely the entire campaign on the insignificance of it all.

V.I.P.

I literally yawned at this. This is just incredibly bland, and i thought that I&V would move on from this concept which was so fresh when they used it in Self Service AW06. It's just getting tired now. Eagerly awaiting Freja's shots as both Anja &Shalom do nothing for me at all

Last edited by J'ador-DioR; 25-06-2007 at 08:20 PM.
25-06-2007
army of lovers

Maybe it's my poor reception to the collection that is skewing my opinion in an unfavorable manner for this ad. Anticipating Freja's contribution...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0708, anja, chloŽ, f or w, freja, inez, shalom, vinoodh