Chloť S/S 2018 by Steven Meisel - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
The Chloe IG account says that the actual campaign images are film stills by Steven Meisel. So I guess thatís why the images are not instantly recognizable as Meisel pictures.

^ Looks like Wim Wender already gave Meisel a run for his money with his Jil Sander campaign. #filmstills

Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
You mean the model who walked a few B-list shows for two seasons and then disappeared a few years ago?

The cast is too big. And I agree, I would have never guessed this was by Meisel. I don't think it's great but it's not bad either.
I don't share this sentiment. I agree the campaign could have done with two or three girls less, but I love seeing lesser known, not 'hype of the season' girls in major ads or publications. Most current star models are very overused in my opinion, so I genuinely enjoyed seeing that cast.

Late to the party, but I've only just found out this was shot by Meisel! I liked the first shot because it looked more urban, like a DKNY campaign (when they used to be good!.) The rest all bore me. It's not a campaign I'd use for my first collection, but it's not bad either.

I think it's interesting that both Natacha and Clare went with him for their first campaigns. There's something to be said about having a reputation for executing distinct vision. As dull as this is I'd still take it over Jil Sander with it's smelly looking hippies which appears to have been facsimiled off some overpriced and irrelevant random indie.

This is hideous! The film is just bad, look like a bunch of school girls running to their mothers. What a random cast.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

2018, chloŽ, meisel, s or s, steven