Christian Dior F/W 13.14 : Daria, Elise, Iselin & Mariacarla by Willy Vanderperre - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2013
backstage pass

Iselin and Daria's shots are so amazing especially Iselin's! I love how her eyes color match with the shoe on the dress.

Last edited by Koibito; 21-07-2013 at 12:54 AM.
21-07-2013
V.I.P.

The logo is too big.

V.I.P.

My absolutely fav campaign of the season. Perfect cast, perfect idea,..... just perfect!

21-07-2013
V.I.P.

The presence of Daria and Iselin has sealed the deal for me. Their shots are just gorgeous, somehow mange to look soft, flattering and very natural. Daria's eyewear shot is faultless. I love the mixture of full-length shots and close-ups. You get a real insight into the whole outfit and a gist of Raf's motive for the collection. It's rare nowadays we get treated to images which look natural and untouched during post-production too.

Alluring

It's hard to believe they managed to create this after S/S 13 crap. The campaign it's brilliant, Elise and Iselin's shots are everything.

21-07-2013
tfs star

Love that Willy used some really bright and opulent color in these images, instead of his usual pale coloring. The composition of the images, particularly the lighting and backdrop, are really well thought. The cast is stellar indeed, with Elise and Mariacarla's shots stand out. Much as I love Iselin, her shot leaves me cold; she looks unusually lifeless in it. Overall a great campaign.

21-07-2013
V.I.P.

This is a mediocre campaign. In those new shots the background is too ‘noisy’ in a graphic kind of way, and poor Iselin, as much as I love her, she doesn’t look her best here. The retouching is too heavy; her face looks a little bit swollen and lifeless because of it. Daria looks way too photoshopped too, as well as Mariacarla (although in her case she looks good).

The whole outcome doesn’t scream utter ‘expensiveness’. The Dior logo looks bad, too big, not too clear… And the layout with the close up and the full body shot is kind of boring and ‘too done’.

The best shot is the one with Elise in the chair. It’s the boldest and cleanest one without any doubt. That little furniture in Daria’s and Mariacarla’s shots, specially the tables, is kind of annoying… Anyway, a step forward compared with his first campaign, which was a total disaster. Dior’s forte is definitely not the campaigns, though. I think I’ve never ever liked a Dior campaign.

Last edited by Creative; 21-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.
21-07-2013
_____

I love Iselin's shots, especially the closeup. I wouldn't say lifeless, maybe too mellow to the point of projecting boredom but I'm into it anyway.

21-07-2013
V.I.P.

^ Hmm well, boredom and cold severity seems to be the theme of the campaign anyway.

You know what would make this campaign even better?
Anouck Lepere in this show stopping dress (why isn't it featured anyway?)

style

21-07-2013
backstage pass

Best campaign of the year !

V.I.P.

Elise for the win. She is serving it up, with MCB coming in a close second. Daria just seems so out of place next to the other three.

V.I.P.

Guys, please illuminate me as to why Daria is "out of place" or "the odd one out"? She's the biggest muse Raf has ever had and probably will ever have and she has fronted many Dior campaigns already. If anything, the other three are "the odd ones out".
Daria might come from another era in modeling, but the people staring at the ads in magazines don't know that. So can we please judge the images separately instead of comparing models to each other. As it happens, her shots are my favourites and she has the most, because she has proven herself to compliment Raf's designs for many years already. There's a reason he still works with her.

I might sound like a crazy Daria fan (even though i'm also a crazy Elise and Iselin fan), but I did put all my money on her to be in this campaign and not the other three, and I can't be the only one.

21-07-2013
V.I.P.

^I don't think she's out of place because she doesn't belong there - on the contrary, she's a Dior girl through and through and her inclusion in the campaign makes sense. I just think her pictures are significantly worse than all the other ones, and that's why she looks 'out of place'.

21-07-2013
fashion insider

I am not feeling these pics at all....Not a fan of this campaign.

22-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
^I don't think she's out of place because she doesn't belong there - on the contrary, she's a Dior girl through and through and her inclusion in the campaign makes sense. I just think her pictures are significantly worse than all the other ones, and that's why she looks 'out of place'.
Ditto. I fully expected her to get the campaign. Just compared to what the other girls are bringing, I think she falls short. I'm not saying this because I dislike her or anything (I would consider myself neutral on her).

Tags
1314, boscono, christian, crombez, daria, dior, elise, f or w, iselin, mariacarla, vanderperre, willy