How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2011
trendsetter

I agree, the new one tries to hard. The old one in which she just walks through the room has EVERYTHING. And it most definitely has suiting music.

02-06-2013
Some Like It Hot

New shot for the campaign-

*Dior.com

V.I.P.

this new pic is virtually identical to all the rest; i doubt the public will think it's different at all. lol. but i will say, it's gorgeous and this campaign has definitely been a great one for the company. Charlize is the perfect woman for "J'Adore"

fashion insider

This must be the most cheesy and vulgar perfume campaign I've seen in my whole life. They went from that incredible Carmen Kass ad to... this.

02-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
This must be the most cheesy and vulgar perfume campaign I've seen in my whole life. They went from that incredible Carmen Kass ad to... this.

I'm sorry ... vulgar?

You're gonna have to elaborate on what precisely makes this campaign vulgar. Because I think that's a ludicrous statement.

V.I.P.

I like the commercial, but I don't think it fits the current Dior aesthetics. I wonder if Raf's gonna get any influence on a new campaign, then I could definitely see Marion or Jennifer in the campaign.

I'm kind of over this one tbh, it's been airing for way too long on tv now.

02-06-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
I'm with you! Charlize makes look this so cheap, like those celebrity fragances ads.

02-06-2013
V.I.P.

i just CAN'T with comments like, "Charlize makes this so cheap". LMAOOO! she's one of the most successful moviestars on the planet. she's an Academy Award winner. she ooooozes glamour and sophistication and professional excellence. who on earth do you imagine would make it look less cheap?! some random eastern european model who nobody but a few obsessive fashion insiders know about? just hilariously absurd!

backstage pass

Quote:
Excuse me? How going from Carmen to Charlize makes it vulgar?

02-06-2013
fashion insider

^You should read things properly before replying.

02-06-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
I'm sorry ... vulgar?

You're gonna have to elaborate on what precisely makes this campaign vulgar. Because I think that's a ludicrous statement.
A super famous film actress running ‘sophisticatedly’ along the Versailles halls with her shades on. Lots of flashes. Music. Thousands of people waiting for the fashion show to start. She walks around those people anonymously, hidden by her shades as no one has to recognize her. Then she goes into the backstage and, very zoolanderly, she removes her glasses from her face and gives her Lady Dior bag to an assistant. Then she meets a digital Grace Kelly; she kisses ‘her’. More flashes. She walks fiercely to put her dress on, and in that precise moment she has a vision of Marlene Dietrich in Morocco. Then a wax statue of Marilyn Monroe that has come to live says ‘Dioooor’. More flashes. They turn the lights off and Charlize comes in. She makes her suuuuuuper intense and fierce appearance walking suuuuuper intensely and fiercely (like a horse I'd say). Everyone is stunned. More flashes. And, then, she makes a defiant stare (a blue steel actually) and says ‘J’adore Dior’.

I’m sold…

02-06-2013
V.I.P.

^ I do agree with you. This is certainly not a great fragrance campaign. It's nice they put so much effort into it but the outcome is indeed cheesy and fake.
Charlize is wonderful however, it's not her fault.

02-06-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I like the commercial, but I don't think it fits the current Dior aesthetics. I wonder if Raf's gonna get any influence on a new campaign, then I could definitely see Marion or Jennifer in the campaign.

I'm kind of over this one tbh, it's been airing for way too long on tv now.
Raf will have no control over J'adore. There is no way Dior execs will allow him to mess with this. Its Dior's best selling fragrance and Charlize has done an incredible job over the years. Jennifer would be a poor choice for the campaign and Marion would be a decent replacement.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
charlize, christian, dior, fragrance, jadore, theron