How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2009
fashion insider

^ Was just coming to post these.
There's an amazing behind-the-scenes vid that I just finished capping.
Will post here in a sec. SO many beautiful outfits and possible shots.
I wish they'd make a coffee table book of the making of the entire campaign spanning the 4 cities. It's such a waste of gorgeous imagery if they don't

07-12-2009
fashion insider

Okay not going to post 50 odd screencaps...but these are the best 'behind-the-scenes' ones that show images we haven't already seen.
It was also funny that at the end of the film Annie says to Marion about doing one more dress - which is the shot that has ended up being used as the last campaign on the couch.

Capped by me from LadyDior.com

07-12-2009
fashion insider

07-12-2009
fashion insider

PHEW! Donezo.

08-12-2009
backstage pass

Marion is just a true Dior Goddess. : )

13-12-2009
V.I.P.

AMAZING! I want Eva Green to be next in line (for more than just the fragrance ads!)

18-12-2009
V.I.P.

Marion is amazing for Dior

23-12-2009
French Chic

A feature from Plaza No6.

(my own scans)

backstage pass

Wow thanks so much!You are really great!Thanks again! : )))

23-12-2009
V.I.P.

Re #182- Any price- My soul to the Devil for her black Coupe De Ville!! Marion, did you get to drive it!!?

24-12-2009
backstage pass

I heard the two Marion songs in the "Nine" Original Motion Picture Soundtrack("My Husband Makes Movies" & "Take It All"),but I just can`t wait anymore to hear the "Lady Rouge" Song-performed by Marion Cotillard.And the second chapter of the Lady Dior Film-Lady Rouge must be out by 31 December,but i highly doubt...They`re so lazy...!

07-01-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Meanwhile, Dior ambassador Marion Cotillard, who has been winning plaudits for her singing and acting chops in “Nine,” tests out her pipes for the French house in a music video making its debut on the Internet Jan. 14. Scottish rockers Franz Ferdinand wrote the music and lyrics for “Lady Rouge,” the latest installment in an online saga built around the iconic Lady Dior handbag. This musical episode, set in New York City, has Cotillard portraying a working woman who transforms into a torch singer at night, appearing from behind a velvet curtain to belt one out. Cotillard featured earlier on ladydior.com in the short thriller “The Lady Noire Affair,” directed by Olivier Dahan, with a forthcoming installment by filmmaker David Lynch that was shot recently in Shanghai.

— Miles Socha
Source: wwd.com

Can't wait for this!
However i'm a bit confused as to whether any of these short films are going to connect at all? Dior implied that the Lady Noire story would be somewhat continued on in the next installment....but it sounds as though plans may have changed??

Last edited by birdyandme; 07-01-2010 at 05:42 PM.
07-01-2010
backstage pass

I`m so confused too.First the second city is New York,then comes Shanghai...and guess?What a mess!But after all i`m so happy!I`ve waited for this so long!!!By several days we also will have the trailer for the second chapter.And just can`t wait for 14 Jan. : )

07-01-2010
V.I.P.

Their just dragging this out now, the ads/films should just stop running with the mainline campaign already out.
Although I enjoyed them at first it's just all overrated now.. and to think there is another city after Shanghai.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Their just dragging this out now, the ads/films should just stop running with the mainline campaign already out.
Although I enjoyed them at first it's just all overrated now.. and to think there is another city after Shanghai.
I have to say that if the Lady Rouge film is anything like the behind the scenes video we saw of Annie's shoot - ie how the Lady Noire film, directly flowed on from Peter Lindbergh's Eiffel Tower shoot, then i'm excited to see it!

But I agree that it's become far too drawn out.
The idea sounded really interesting at first to have this ONE character...the Lady Dior, who travelled to these 4 different cities for different reasons, all of which would play out over the 4 short films.
I mean, how many clues etc were dropped in the Lady Noire Affair?
They even kept updating the Lady Dior twitter with clues as to what would happen in the next installment.

So I'm just completely confused as to why they'd make the 4 cities and the 4 'Ladies' unrelated?

I guess time will tell....but from the sounds of it they're going to be 4 completely different stories and characters?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
christian, cotillard, dior, handbags, lady, marion