How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2010
scenester

So sweet Ad!!! Right photographer, right model~~

28-09-2010
V.I.P.

we're getting flooded by outtakes. it's been a few years already, can't they bring in the model and shoot a few more for spring? since they like to go floral, might as well either take F/W 10 Haute Couture or, what i believe will be, a very floral S/S 11 PaP.

29-09-2010
V.I.P.

Someone said that the Parfums Christian Dior project (presumably a television commercial) that Sophia Coppola and Natalie Portman were working on a few weeks ago in Paris was for Miss Dior Cherie; presumably there will be a print campaign as well. <--- insert sad face smiley here.

I previously expressed a wish that the campaign be updated just for all around freshness and also to display more recent clothes - I too would love to see Galliano's flower inspired couture collection (HC SS 2010) incorporated in the campaign, but I am starting to wonder if the talented Walker / Linchuk team could surpass the greatness of the collaboration that produced the photos that we are most familiar with, and it's a given that the television commercial cannot be surpassed.

Having said that that pink sequin top is ugly and dated, but it was ugly and dated looking when it was hot off the presses, so that was a bad styling choice - although to the stylist credit the other clothing featured had Gallic flair and could stand the test of time if the ads ran for years. Earlier I mentioned wanting the campaign updated for freshness, but you know what, I've come across the ads and the TV spot numerous times, both accidentally and on purpose, and it still makes me smile and hope that some day I will see Paris Miss Dior Cherie style - lifted up and transported by dozens of balloons.

If Natalie is the new Miss Dior Cherie model, so be it, but I hope that the Coppola / Walker / Linchuk stuff does not get retired, but that will probably be the case at least in the short term. I am preparing myself to be bummed during the holiday season when I won't see 1,000 airings of the TV spot.

Last edited by agee; 29-09-2010 at 10:39 AM.
29-09-2010
V.I.P.

Interestingly this ad or a close facsimile is in the October issue of Vogue Paris next to the TOC page which I would think would be one of the premium spots. Note that the October issue of VP is an anniversary issue and for VP, the September issue importance seems to have been rolled into October.

PS. I saw it in an online preview that someone linked in the VP thread.

06-10-2010
trendsetter

the most beautiful perfume ad ever

13-10-2010
V.I.P.

that's an overstatement...

11-02-2011
V.I.P.

Marie Claire China July 2010
ebook30

28-02-2011
scenester

Does anyone know where to get the Miss Dior Cherie Book from?
(source:http://sofiacoppola.tumblr.com/)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_lh2jm49adb1qaajedo1_500.jpg (62.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg tumblr_lh2jfw54sD1qaajedo1_500.jpg (98.1 KB, 10 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cherie, christian, dior, fragrance, linchuk, maryna, miss, tim, walker