How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2012
V.I.P.

Christian Dior Miss Dior Handbags F/W 12.13 : Mila Kunis by Mario Sorrenti

Quote:
L.A. WOMAN: Returning for a second Dior campaign in support of the Miss Dior handbag, actress Mila Kunis slipped into the skin of a Fifties Hollywood star — a bouffant hairstyle accentuating the glamorous, retro mood.

The black-and-white spots, photographed in Los Angeles by Mario Sorrenti with styling by Carine Roitfeld, depict Kunis as the kind of woman accustomed to attention from throngs of paparazzi, and to smoldering in front of the camera. The young actress, who won wide acclaim for her turn in 2010’s “Black Swan,” is currently on screens in the Seth MacFarlane comedy “Ted.”

The worldwide campaign for Dior is to make its debut in the August issue of Elle Hong Kong on July 21, followed by a range of September issues, including Bazaar and Tatler in the U.K., Vanity Fair in the U.S. and Vogue Paris in France. Dior also plans to unveil the images, along with behind-the-scenes imagery and mini film, on its Miss Dior Web site as of Wednesday.
wwd

12-07-2012
rising star

I don't like this concept. Mila is so not 50's glamour and why is she waving for a taxi 15 stories up on a balcony?

12-07-2012
front row

The paparazzi thing is annoying. I'll never going to understand the relation Dior/Kunis, why her?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeV View Post
The paparazzi thing is annoying. I'll never going to understand the relation Dior/Kunis, why her?
I can't remember where I read this, but I read somewhere that Mila was chosen to appeal to the more young demographic whereas Natalie Portman was chosen to appeal to a more classic/chic customer and image of the brand. Marion represents the more mature/elegant side of Dior, etc.

Some Like It Hot

In all fairness they have got it spot on with choosing Mila as a spokesperson for the brand, so many girls (and guys) I know adore her and think she's pretty (or hot), so it's instantly grabbing their attention with her being cast for this campaign and like LagerfeldBoy pointed out, they've cast a range of women to appeal to all age brackets, and lets not forget they have Sharon Stone (who appeals to the mature customer) and Charlize (who appeals to, again, the classic customer).

I like the first shot posted over the second one and I'm pleasantly surprised they've used Sorrenti and not Meisel, thank god.

V.I.P.

It's not bad, but why is she waving for a cab on top of a building?

And I agree, Mila is a nice choice, she's hot right now.

13-07-2012
fashion insider

Amazing, I like the first shoot.
Good job Carine!

13-07-2012
backstage pass

BEE utiful

13-07-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
It's not bad, but why is she waving for a cab on top of a building?

And I agree, Mila is a nice choice, she's hot right now.
I agree with you! What a corny ad and also, why would the paparazzi be photographing her on a balcony?

13-07-2012
V.I.P.

I think she is perfect for this, and Mila seems to suit he 50s look just fine. I think they chose her soley for her eyes because they draw me right in.

13-07-2012
French Chic

This is a damn sight better than last seasons which were rather bland and at least they create an atmosphere.
I really like Mila for this brand and the first pic is definitely the best, owing to the fact that the second pic really looks nothing like her.

V.I.P.

I don´t like it. If they´re aiming for a younger demographic why styled her to look like 40? Marion looks younger and fresher in her ads...

Photoshop in the second pic is awful...

13-07-2012
fashion elite

i cant remember the last time i liked dior's campaigns other than dior cherie with marnya. boring. predictable. tasteless

scenester

Quote:
I agree with you! What a corny ad and also, why would the paparazzi be photographing her on a balcony?
Quote:
I don't like this concept. Mila is so not 50's glamour and why is she waving for a taxi 15 stories up on a balcony?
Exactly. I understand why they would choose Mila to appeal to a younger demographic, but the overall concept doesn't make any sense.

15-07-2012
backstage pass

I really like Mila for Dior. Shes got the naturaly and effortly sweet/sexy look that is very much natalie portman, which is probably why they choose mila.

Like this shoot, THOUGH I like milas dior handbag ads much better.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, christian, dior, f or w, handbags, kunis, mario, mila, miss, sorrenti