How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoadore View Post
I'm sorry but these just do not compare, Raf's clothes are incredibly boring and minimalist and do not go well with this concept because it just looks plain and boring as a whole! The clothes in the vintage ads speak for themselves and don't need anything else to distract from them. In the vintage one it works, in these it doesn't. (In my opinion)
Some of the campaigns Diane Kruger got were far simpler, just a black jacket and a white backdrop. I don't go further into the discussion, but those suits, and the silhouette of the long dresses, is classical Dior.

02-01-2013
trendsetter

This IS Dior, its not Galliano's dior obviously but they have moved forward undertaking a new designer, a more minimalist approach which words extremely well. I like it!

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

I really love it, it has a great artistic statement rather than the plain straightforward ad campaign look, at the same time showcasing the collection and its aura beautifully well. In a way it's what we know from Raf collaboration with Rizzo + Vanderperre but here there's a touch of sophistication and glory from what we expect from Dior. The campaign follows the collection as being one of the best of the season.

PS: YAY at Daiane Conterato being here, she's SUCH an underrated model.

V.I.P.

I'm sure Dior hired Willy so that he could bring a new perspective, but I'm struggling with this campaign. Visually, it's quite nice and the casting's great, but I can't wrap my head around this as a Dior campaign. Hopefully it will grow on me.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyvelvetbowtie View Post
Some of the campaigns Diane Kruger got were far simpler, just a black jacket and a white backdrop. I don't go further into the discussion, but those suits, and the silhouette of the long dresses, is classical Dior.
ok i wasn't even talking about the clothing but the concept its self as various other members have pointed out yes its classic dior shape before galliano, I got that

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

I love the concept, but there's too much of the white space that's overshadowing the rest. Idk, I think a more zoomed in photograph would've been better, imo.
Oh, and I can't believe Daiane Conterato is in this! I mean, when was the last time she was in a major ad campaign? You go, girl!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyvelvetbowtie View Post

Quote:
Dior does not look like Dior, I just like that Daria is in it.
80s-90s-supermodels.tumblr.com

Roberta, Renée, Nadège, Anneliese and I beg to differ
And now let me share with you the 50's elegance of Monsieur Christian Dior.

-operagloves.com

I know everyone has their own opinion, but excuse me...people who says that Raf's Dior is real Dior...Minimalism and THIS? Really?

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

Thankfully no one went to bed in the 1950s and woke up in 2013, there were Yves, and Marc, Ferré and of course, Galliano and his theatrics (often parodies of that "revered" elegance) in the middle. No such a thing as real anything anymore, except an aesthetic that's sometimes met, and the average demands of the luxury goods client.

Also too funny people continue to call Raf a minimalist.. not even Marras would do skirts like that.

trendsetter

I know this seems like a dumb question but is thier 5 or 6 models in the campaign, I cant really tell

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

extremely unbearably boring tbh.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

kind of boring but I guess we have to wait and see how it looks in print

V.I.P.

I think it's fun and eye-catching. I don't think it will leave a lasting impression, though. They should have come up with something stronger for the first Dior campaign under Raf Simons. Especially because it's been a while since we got a Dior RTW campaign. Also, I really think Daria should have been the main girl here, it's too confusing with the random other girls popping up everywhere and Daria not being the main focus in all shots. And I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that the looks I hated in this collection are the ones being most prominently featured while the amazing suits are only seen in the background. It's not that bad, but I just find this really weird.

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian zh View Post
I know everyone has their own opinion, but excuse me...people who says that Raf's Dior is real Dior...Minimalism and THIS? Really?
Well but i'm sure we wouldn't expect Raf (or any designer for that matter) to produce collections like that, afterall we don't live in 1950's Paris and that's not excly the looks of today's women. He's taking bits and pieces from that look and inspiration and interpreting to a modern woman's wardrobe, and I think he's doing it incredibly well. People just need to accept changes.

V.I.P.

Better Quality (click twice)

dior

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchhie View Post
I know this seems like a dumb question but is thier 5 or 6 models in the campaign, I cant really tell
Daria Strokous, Anna Martynova, Lida Fox, Diane Conterato, Nicole Pollard and Marie Piovesan.
Not completely sure if there's anyone else though, need to see HQ's.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, christian, dior, s or s, vanderperre, willy