How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2013
fashion elite

This could have been kind of cool if it was all Daria in the different poses. But there is just too much going on and you lose sight of the clothes in the process. The art direction sucks.

I will say the closeup of Daria in the black pantsuit is pretty divine. I think that should have been the message of this campaign. Powerful femininity in a stark environment.

02-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Daria Strokous, Anna Martynova, Lida Fox, Diane Conterato, Nicole Pollard and Marie Piovesan.
Not completely sure if there's anyone else though, need to see HQ's.
kati nescher?
Posted via Mobile Device

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

I through than this campaign was come be amazing with Vanderperre shot this & & i'm disappointed, the background ruins all this campaign, the first worst work of Vanderperre.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
Except that was hardly any modernity in almost all of Galliano's work. While his "outrageous" collections were extremely beautiful to look at in the shows, magazines and red carpets, most of the time they looked like museum garments reinterpreted, and that's not vanguardist for OUR time. People like Chalayan, Kawakubo, McQueen and even Raf in the past managed to be outrageous and modern at the same time. I fail to see how John did so.
I'm not saying Galliano was the only one who made outrageous clothes. I'm saying for this day and age, what he did for Dior was outrageous. And him and Dior himself have always had the same sources of inspiraation. Galliano has ALWAYS been inspired by the Belle Epoque. And that's where Dior got all of his inspiration from.

02-01-2013
backstage pass

looks really cheap and fake...

02-01-2013
fashion elite

this campaign is hideous its confusing, not direction & not creativity its a mess

tfs star

This is a fail attempt. It is just not good overall. I think it looks cheap.

There is a bit too much empty space in the pictures, and the models and clothes looks small in a way. It looks like an ad for interior design and the dresses are used as props instead of the other way around.

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

This is a hot mess, I love Willy's work so much, but I don't even know where to start with this, I agree with some comments here, it's confusing, no direction, to much going on.

02-01-2013
fashion elite

Remind me of that Rimowa campaign which starring Vanessa Axente...
Posted via Mobile Device

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

I can understand where he was going with this but it just doesn't work. The focus on the clothes is lost through the confusing surrealism of it all. Shoppers will be left scratching their heads rather than admiring... desiring the clothes.

On the upside I am very happy to see Daiane Conterato here. She deserves a major campaign.

02-01-2013
windowshopping

I am a fan of Willy Vanderperre's work. Really, I always admire the serenity & cleanness of his work but this campaign...I just found them boring & flat. Don't really like them.

The silhouette of Mr.Christian Dior's clothes might be clean & smooth, but the work & fabric involved are outrageous. Remember how many meters of fabric the bar suit had used? Remember all those beautiful evening gowns of him? Nonetheless, on the other hand, some of his designs are very "minimalism". So I guess Galliano & Raf just took what they like or prefer from this extraordinarily rich & vast archive as inspirations.

However, readers & consumers in year 2013 are VERY different from the 1950's. We are spoiled and we want to see new, exciting, entertaining stuff all the time. If Raf wants to keep everybody's interest in Dior for long, I reckon he has to produce something more than the black pants suit with a scarf around the neck. Look forward to his next collection.

03-01-2013
front row

are these screencaps from some stylish versions of The Sims?

fashion elite

Before I even clicked on the images I instantly liked them, which surprises me since I'm not a big WV fan. Can't wait to see it on print.

03-01-2013
Mag Master

Hq

Tatler UK 02/13 via zinio

03-01-2013
backstage pass

Its strange, I really do like looking at it, and the concept is really cool while being minimalistic/ish (not really my style, but I'm OK with Raf), but for some reason it just falls flat. It's missing something... like depth, I suppose (not sure if that makes sense), or something that draws you in. I did spend some time looking at it to figure out who the blonde newcomer in the background was with Daria in the foregroud. Anna Martynova? She's lovely.

Last edited by Shiru; 03-01-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, christian, dior, s or s, vanderperre, willy