How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-01-2013
front row

Way too many white space, it makes me a bit dizzy. The models are looking so small and far from each other that one picture might even be two pictures that are edited into one.

03-01-2013
V.I.P.

Undeniably the worst campaign this season (D&G doesn't count...I don't even wanna comment on that)

Too many white spaces, I know that Raf loves minimalism...but this is too much!! My eyes hurt. Also, they should have used so many models like this...this looks like an editorial more.

03-01-2013
MON
V.I.P.

This has no Dior aesthetic in it... feels like a whole new brand. Boring shots. Willy ruined it.

Ère de ℳodernité

Good God, some of you really need to stop whining! New designer, new aesthetic: it's that simple! Fashion is about looking FORWARD.

"It's not Dior, it's not this, it's not that"... Well, I'd be very curious to know who you are to decide what is Dior and what isn't.

backstage pass

The worst Dior campaign I've ever seen. And there's too many models and the white background make me feel dizzy.

03-01-2013
backstage pass

this IS good!!

03-01-2013
V.I.P.

it kinda grows on you...

03-01-2013
V.I.P.

I think the print versions will look better than the virtual images. The scans Northern Star and Mat Cyruss made look way better than the ones from dior.com

03-01-2013
rising star

I like it. I can picture it huge outside of the dior boutique or on a giant billboard. The placement of things creates some sorts of three dimensional perspective which will probably works better on larger scales. I have to agree on smaller scale, the excess white space make the campaign look dull and half done.

tfs star

^I agree, the blatantly huge space lends more focus on the set design than the models wearing the clothes. It's almost like an Ikea catalogue. I would settle for that photo of Daria with an insipid blonde in the background.

03-01-2013
scenester

I like it! It's like a surrealistic painting

03-01-2013
fashion icon

I rather like these Dior adverts. There is a lot of white space, this is true, but I like the sort of surreal vibe it helps to give off (a tad Dali like, no?). It feels fresh compared to the really up close shots of many adverts of late. As for the complaints it's not selling the clothes I tend to disagree because it's selling an idea which can be equally effective. To me at least, it feels like they are selling a new interpretation of a Dior women; an artistic, intellectual, slightly surreal, but beautiful women. So for that I appreciate what Raf and his team were trying to do with these ads.

V.I.P.

Not a fan of this. The adverts Raf Simons and Willy Vanderperre were doing at Jil Sander were more visually stimulating. The impression I get from these are that the clothes are inacessable and unattractive since they're pushed back into the far distance. The models, except Daria Strokous, look bored and lifeless. Too much art direction and too little clothes for me.

I do think the adverts look better in the magazines than the Facebook pictures suggest. At least the items aren't drowned in a mass of white atmosphere.

trendsetter

I really like this as an editorial pics though I will need to see this in actual magazine to be said fairly. Nonetheless, I think some pieces here look much much better than they did on the runway. But to compare this with Raf+Willy for Jil Sander ads, this is actually a let down.

04-01-2013
front row

While definitely more fun and creative than what the brand has offered before, I still find the outcome a bit cheap and plastic. It actually looks like an outtake from a TV-shop ad or like a shot from some German mail order catalog. Maybe they should have shot it in real set rather than photoshopping it together.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, christian, dior, s or s, vanderperre, willy